PDA

View Full Version : FileSharing Spoof email

zepher
07-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Ever since I recieved the email from @filesharingtalk.com telling us of how to ignore the previous message becasue it was a spoof... which could only mean one thing - someone got access to all of our email addresses ...and they did, because just days before getting that notice, and after years of having a spam free email address and Never getting even 1 spam email, I now started getting dozens of SPAM emails everyday just days before the filesharingtalk.com spoof notice.

How did this happen that filesharingtalk.com let our email address get compromised?

thewizeard
07-03-2006, 02:11 PM
..well, that's because of the mass mailing feature, that exists on all forum software. Nobody actually got hold of your email, except for you that is... it's a simple click and then everyone gets an email , in this case from FST...anyway..it will give you something to do...

tesco
07-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Noone saved any kind of list....
They just sent a mail through the board software like thewizeard said.

You must be getting spam for some other reason...

zepher
07-04-2006, 10:17 PM

okay rosco I hear you, but it's a coincidence that I started recieving the first ever in two years spam at the same time as the notice came from fst.. ..but it's true I can't prove who let it out.

The reply from wizeard with your remark telling me that reading spam emails will give me something to do is in poor taste and so not much appreciation is had for your post by me.

manker
07-04-2006, 11:11 PM

okay rosco I hear you, but it's a coincidence that I started recieving the first ever in two years spam at the same time as the notice came from fst.. ..but it's true I can't prove who let it out.

The reply from wizeard with your remark telling me that reading spam emails will give me something to do is in poor taste and so not much appreciation is had for your post by me.
Dude, stop whinging.

I had both emails from FST, the spoof and the mail telling me it was a spoof, in an email account I created specifically some time ago to make a different account here (which I'd not used since). I checked and I've had no spam mail to that account whatsoever.

Therefore, any spam you're experiencing isn't FST's fault.