PDA

View Full Version : Newsdemon???

T0TAL-RECALL
07-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Is any1 else on here signed upto Newsdemon Unlimited...

I signed up today since the other provider I used to use stopped Paypal... Anyways I found that the Unlimited accounts DO have a limit.

7GB to be exact... I had to get on the live support to get them to remove it but godknows if they just reset it or removed the limit for good.

So does anyone else have a Newsdemon Unlimited account and have you hit a daily download limit.

UsenetGuy
07-06-2006, 03:15 PM
There is info about it on their website here: http://www.newsdemon.com/overquota.php

The accounts are unlimited but their system requires them to enter a limit, if you reach it just tell them and they will make it bigger :D

I might be buying the unlimited account from newsdemon soon, can you say what the service is like? e.g retention, speed etc

T0TAL-RECALL
07-06-2006, 03:50 PM
65Day Retention
Unlimited Speeds

I have an 8Mb down speed which I hit about 6.5Mb on Newsdemon servers... The retention is one of the highest so lots of time ot get those old files.

There support is good so once you hit the 7Gb limit they will bumb it up... I hit the 7Gb limit very quickley but I have now been going all day and am at 20Gb and have not had the over quota error yet but it is anooying hitting a limit and having to pause all for the reset to occur... It also means I have to reset router because the connections get locked out and cause a all connections used error.

But so far Newsdemon are good... I loved my old provider but Newsdemon seem to be turning out ok after a few problems with account info not being complete and this limit.

UsenetGuy
07-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Also you need to contact their support if you want posting access. They give it to customers for free but they require you to ask them for it so that they can remind you about the no spamming rules etc.

UsenetGuy
07-08-2006, 09:06 AM
T0TAL-RECALL I just whent onto their site now and they have now doubled the amount of connections (its now 8) on the unlimited accounts. Now you should be able to get even faster speed :D

Flinty
07-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Anyone know if paying with PayPal cuts down some of the service such as limiting access to certain groups?

Thanks,
Flinty

gamer4eva
07-08-2006, 07:19 PM
I dont think so. Why should a certain means of payment mean that service is unaffected. I use paypal because its safe and secure. I dont see why being a cautios person should give you a worse service?

Flinty
07-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Excellent. How is the service such as speeds? Thinking of signing upto them as my first Newsgroup provider.

Thanks,
Flinty

gamer4eva
07-08-2006, 07:31 PM
I dont know im going to join them very soon aswell just hope i dont be dissapointed first time round!!!

UsenetGuy
07-08-2006, 07:39 PM
I've emailed them asking about whether they limit access to users who pay using PayPal. They have forwarded it to their Technical department and I should have a reply soon (I will post what it says here).

Flinty
07-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Thanks torrentguy...

gamer4eva
07-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah thanks for that one torrentguy!!!

Flinty
07-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Couldn't wait any longer.. signed up now :D now downloading at 500kbps :D

UsenetGuy
07-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Couldn't wait any longer.. signed up now :D now downloading at 500kbps :D

Wow. Is the service really good? also are you maxing out your internet connection?

Flinty
07-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Well I am currently downloading a movie. I am on a 8mb line and currently downloading at 750kbps so pretty much as fast as I can so.
Really impressed so far. Didn't notice anything missing out by paying with PayPal either.

BTW, If you are wondering why the huge jump in speed it was Kaspersky my antivirus limiting me.