PDA

View Full Version : Log In Problems With Bitsoup

dukeblue
07-07-2006, 02:13 AM
I made a donation to Bitsoup about a week ago and everything worked great, but today when I went to there sight I coudn't log in. When I try to log in it says username and password incorrect and when I try to reset my password it says email not found in database. Can anyone tell me who I should contact to fix this and how I can get in touch with them.

lambsbreath
07-07-2006, 03:10 AM
I would suggest signing up again using the same account details you had before. Once a new account is active, PM a mod and explain the situation.
(I stopped going there -- it makes 3 times now my "User details not found". Screw them if they can't keep it straight... there's other sites that actually keep track of user's account details).

j0hn
07-07-2006, 08:11 PM
some sites ban u instantly for having "dupe" accounts. if they detect 2 accounts on the 1 i.p it may auto-ban u. i dont know if bitsoup has such a script, but alot of other sites i use do. ur best visiting them on their irc channel.

dukeblue
07-08-2006, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. It happened to a few other people and i've been told Bitsoup is doing there best to fix it.

joustjohn
09-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. It happened to a few other people and i've been told Bitsoup is doing there best to fix it.

I have the same problem since a month of trying to reset password or even get a hold of someone.. please user name justjohn

Got this yesterday so hurry up and get an account.

With almost 95.000 members in our community now, we are heading for the finale
of Bitsoups growth. Not to many more people can and will be added, and with another 5000
more members the Bitsoup sign up doors are going to be closed.

This means that in less then 18 months of time, we are about to reach having 100.000
members sharing many thousands of torrents across our communities board.
We are both happy and proud that so many of you came to join us here, and we hope that like us,
all of you are here to stay as well.

they won't let me in power user with a great ratio a month of trying to reset password or get any help from an admin or mod from this site.. user name justjohn
email [email protected]
any help will save the last hair in my head plez plez
:wacko:

i used bitsoup all the time now i can't ..pizz me off

Pr1nc3
09-26-2006, 03:30 PM
@joustjohn:
I don't help spammers.
3 posts and 3 about bitsoup login, where 2 of them in old threads your digging up just for the sake of spam?
Grow up.

Melvinmeow
09-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Their recover scripts dont work to my knowldege. Think they even have a thread about this in their forums. Your probably better off msging one of their staff in the irc channel.

j0hn
09-26-2006, 07:58 PM
irc.bitsoup.org
as Melvinmeow, their irc server is the best place to ask.
speak to the staff live, and they'll surely email u a new pass.

joustjohn
09-27-2006, 03:02 AM
@joustjohn:
I don't help spammers.
3 posts and 3 about bitsoup login, where 2 of them in old threads your digging up just for the sake of spam?
Grow up.

Look here Mister Pr1nc3 I don't know wat ur talking about. I believe this site is for FILESHARINGTALK . I have been trying nearly everyday since a month or more to log into a site that i use for filesharing and I was not having any luck . I decided today to see if i could Google an email addy of one of the site admins or mods. I seen a couple of sites one being this one with people with the same problem as me . I was excited and joined read what they were saying and maybe i did post 3 times (so what) there in the right spot.
thnx for the help NOT and who r u to tell me to grow up ??????

joustjohn
09-27-2006, 03:04 AM
irc.bitsoup.org
as Melvinmeow, their irc server is the best place to ask.
speak to the staff live, and they'll surely email u a new pass.

I've tryed this also can't find the right room even joined there thinking they could help.

ok i joined mirc and found the right room irc://irc.bitsoup.org/bitsoup

no one there right now ..But you put me on the right track thank you..
nobody ever there.....?

Melvinmeow
09-27-2006, 04:04 PM
As listed in their forums. So guessing you sign up for a 2nd account and msg them and they reply back.

Hello Fellow Soupers

it has come to our attention that we’ve had many mis-routed requests for password resets and as a result many users have lost accounts and or access

If you are experiencing these issues please contact an admin and they will be happy to fix your account

Please include the following information when asking for a password reset

Username :
Email on the account :
last login (optional) :

After you send us this info you will receive an email containing your new password if the info provided is valid

No further Action is required

Thank You

T

joustjohn
09-28-2006, 03:10 AM
As listed in their forums. So guessing you sign up for a 2nd account and msg them and they reply back.

Hello Fellow Soupers

it has come to our attention that we’ve had many mis-routed requests for password resets and as a result many users have lost accounts and or access

If you are experiencing these issues please contact an admin and they will be happy to fix your account

Please include the following information when asking for a password reset

Username :
Email on the account :
last login (optional) :

After you send us this info you will receive an email containing your new password if the info provided is valid

No further Action is required

Thank You

T

If I had the email address of one of the admins that would work..
No i did not sign for second account..Well I did try about a week ago but they wouldn't let me Same ip address. But that was after a month of not being able to log in...

username justjohn
email [email protected]
thnx for your time

Melvinmeow
09-28-2006, 11:35 AM
I sent a msg to pags with your name and email address. Hopefully you get a responce. ;)

joustjohn
09-28-2006, 02:35 PM
I sent a msg to pags with your name and email address. Hopefully you get a responce. ;)

thank you so very much Melvin very very much !!

maybeso
12-15-2009, 02:21 AM
im having the same problem can a member of bitsoup help me out

some sites ban u instantly for having "dupe" accounts. if they detect 2 accounts on the 1 i.p it may auto-ban u. i dont know if bitsoup has such a script, but alot of other sites i use do. ur best visiting them on their irc channel.

can u help me out with my bitsoup account too

cinephilia
12-15-2009, 02:51 AM
irc.bitsoup.org
#bitsoup

anon
12-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Posts from Melvin? This is a great bump. :lol:

M_SJAH
12-16-2009, 04:45 PM
irc.bitsoup.org
#bitsoup

Speak to Dutchguy, he's the MAN ;)

bigjames2008
03-15-2015, 05:01 PM
hi I am have problems loging in to bit soup
can sumone help plz it is saying this page cant be displayed

malek05
03-21-2015, 01:13 AM
hi I am have problems loging in to bit soup
can sumone help plz it is saying this page cant be displayed

the default bitsoup.me log in works fine for me,

They made it onto the UK ban list which would effect you if you are logging in from there

ghurka
03-21-2015, 02:24 PM
From Bitsoup forum - fix for UK ISP problems

The Fix - Changing DNS server settings on Microsoft Windows 7

Go the Control Panel.
Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.
Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
Click OK.
Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.

On Mac

To enter a DNS server address and search domains:

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click Network.

Select the network connection service you want to use (such as AirPort or Ethernet, unless you named it something else) from the list, and then click Advanced.

Click DNS, and then click Add (+) at the bottom of the DNS Servers list. Enter the IPv4 or IPv6 address for the DNS server.

Click Add (+) at the bottom of the Search Domain list and enter the search domain, apple.com for example.

When you’re finished, click OK.

Make sure that you close your torrent client before you try the fix.

Might be a stupid question, but you are trying to access Bitsoup using https not http.