PDA

View Full Version : Humanity

Biggles
07-07-2006, 08:12 PM
With so much unpleasantness in the world it was nice to see the young Thai lad win his appeal against deportation.

I think also the Shetland community has come out of this with their head held high. Good on them!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/5158570.stm

I know news of kindness tends to fall between the cracks but I thought it worthy of record.

100%
07-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Atleast one got through

There are presently 25 afghan refugees on hunger strike in our centrum protesting deportation.
Government says they will be deported back.

Biggles
07-07-2006, 08:20 PM
That will be because Afghanistan is so safe now :huh:

JPaul
07-07-2006, 08:38 PM
" ...sparking a major campaign to try and prevent the move."

:lol:

Maybe he won't set fire to stuff now.

Biggles
07-07-2006, 08:59 PM

They just need to move the flamable stuff when he celebrates tonight. :lol:

JPaul
07-07-2006, 09:04 PM

They just need to move the flamable stuff when he celebrates tonight. :lol:

Indeed.

peat moss
07-08-2006, 01:31 AM
If he's been there since he was 10 its the right move . But setting fires that's insane he could of hurt someone . You know , if he spent 8 months in jail he paid his debt but get the boy some help !

Biggles
07-09-2006, 03:58 PM
If he's been there since he was 10 its the right move . But setting fires that's insane he could of hurt someone . You know , if he spent 8 months in jail he paid his debt but get the boy some help !

It was, if I am correct, a one off following a bout of drinking with friends which in itself was triggered by the death of his step-dad closely followed by the death of his new born child. I don't believe he has made a habit of this sort of thing.

JPaul
07-09-2006, 04:31 PM

It was, if I am correct, a one off following a bout of drinking with friends which in itself was triggered by the death of his step-dad closely followed by the death of his new born child. I don't believe he has made a habit of this sort of thing.
Bleeding heart liberal.