PDA

View Full Version : Day of Defeat

peat moss
07-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Anyone trying the free weekend online ? July 7 to July 10 .

http://www.dayofdefeat.com/item.php?id=680

mr. nails
07-08-2006, 10:59 PM
i thought about it, but wasnt' sure i wanted it on my hd after this weekend was up if i didnt' like it. how big is it?

S!X
07-08-2006, 11:44 PM
how big is it?

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1984/usage6iy.jpg

I bought it earlier this year so I can play it whenever I want :D :happy:

Seedler
07-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Meh, i'll try it just because of the HDR.

peat moss
07-09-2006, 12:26 AM
i thought about it, but wasnt' sure i wanted it on my hd after this weekend was up if i didnt' like it. how big is it?

A 20 minute D/L on cable , do not download this game if you have gamers in the family , you'll never get the computer this weekend . :lol:

Looks nice tho spawning was a pleasent surprise , about 5 sec. to respawn on a loaded server .

qamar436
07-09-2006, 03:59 AM
Where i can free download 3D games like maxpayne 2, Day of Defeat, Medal of Honour etc.

peat moss
07-09-2006, 04:07 AM
Where i can free download 3D games like maxpayne 2, Day of Defeat, Medal of Honour etc.

Check out the newsgroups or other file sharing groups . :)

mr. nails
07-09-2006, 11:00 AM
i still hate fucking css, but it keeps sucking me back in for some damn reason. lol, damn crosshair on the guy, he doesn't even see me, single shot and still miss. gay. anyway, how does this game fair to css?

peat moss
07-09-2006, 06:56 PM
i still hate fucking css, but it keeps sucking me back in for some damn reason. lol, damn crosshair on the guy, he doesn't even see me, single shot and still miss. gay. anyway, how does this game fair to css?

Very similar but with more details , my son asked me to buy it for him so thats as good a review as I could give . :)

DorisInsinuate
07-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Day of Defeat is a bit more team based, a lot less individual skill involved in winning the game.

Dying is a bit less frustating than Counter-Strike, because you respawn pretty quickly.

There's plenty of fun to be had spranging people over the head with a spade.

But in the end the amount of fun you have still mostly depends on finding a decent server.

mr. nails
07-09-2006, 11:16 PM
cool, thx for as much info u could provide. i didnt' get a chance to play this "free" weekend business, but the game is only $20 or so so maybe sometime in the near future.

also, could someone fill me in on how steam workz? ok, i have steam w/hl2 & css installed. now, if i want to dl & pay for DoD later so then i'll have it in my steam account. ok, now if i format my pc some odd time down the road and install steam from my purchased hl2 cd's... does my steam account remember that i paid for DoD and give it to me for free (after of course i've already paid for it recently) after i re-download it again? if u know wtf i'm trying to say. lol. i dig steam and how it workz. love how valve is ALWAYS updating shit. meh, maybe i'll go on a dl'ing spree and get DoD and hl2 ep1. thx.

S!X
07-10-2006, 12:18 AM
cool, thx for as much info u could provide. i didnt' get a chance to play this "free" weekend business, but the game is only $20 or so so maybe sometime in the near future.

also, could someone fill me in on how steam workz? ok, i have steam w/hl2 & css installed. now, if i want to dl & pay for DoD later so then i'll have it in my steam account. ok, now if i format my pc some odd time down the road and install steam from my purchased hl2 cd's... does my steam account remember that i paid for DoD and give it to me for free (after of course i've already paid for it recently) after i re-download it again? if u know wtf i'm trying to say. lol. i dig steam and how it workz. love how valve is ALWAYS updating shit. meh, maybe i'll go on a dl'ing spree and get DoD and hl2 ep1. thx.

Right after you purchase DOD:S from steam it will be automatically added into your account, then you have to download the game files and you're good to go. As for reformatting and the whole game remembering thing, yes it does remember what games you have purchased. You'll have to re-download the game files thought after you reformat :)

Seedler
07-10-2006, 01:55 AM
Runs 1280x1024, 2xAA, 8xAF, Everything on max, @50-60fps with a bit of overclocking:cool:

S!X
07-10-2006, 02:17 AM
I dont know why but this game stutters like hell all of a sudden..... Its pissin me off royally.

peat moss
07-11-2006, 12:41 AM
It ran fine on my old tired system { P4 2.0 ,512 mb , Ati 9700 pro } but was wondering what files it saved ? I can only find DOD icons in valve/steam folder ?
Was wondering if it deleted itself after the 72 hour period , swore I had a DOD folder yesterday . Maybe I'll just try a Reg cleaner see what it finds .

OOps I have Half Life 2 and Counter Strike installed already but DOD didn't have an unistaller it seems .

S!X
07-11-2006, 01:39 AM
It ran fine on my old tired system { P4 2.0 ,512 mb , Ati 9700 pro } but was wondering what files it saved ? I can only find DOD icons in valve/steam folder ?
Was wondering if it deleted itself after the 72 hour period , swore I had a DOD folder yesterday . Maybe I'll just try a Reg cleaner see what it finds .

OOps I have Half Life 2 and Counter Strike installed already but DOD didn't have an unistaller it seems .

You can get rid of the DOD:S game files by right clicking on DOD:S in steam and go properties>Local files tab> delete local game content.

peat moss
07-11-2006, 01:54 AM

You can get rid of the DOD:S game files by right clicking on DOD:S in steam and go properties>Local files tab> delete local game content.

Well thats just it I can't see the DOD file anymore , hence my question . Linkin Park , thanks for the effort tho , I appreciate it I'm very anal when it comes to my computer .:pinch:

Its not a big deal I might buy the game for the boys anyway but was just curious about the files left behind . I love the free weekend idea better than a shitty demo .

Hope they have one for "The Ship " the story line looks good even if the game play looks cartoonish ?

S!X
07-11-2006, 02:11 AM
Im not aware of any game files being left over after you delete the local game content so im pretty sure you're good to go.

peat moss
07-11-2006, 03:48 AM
Im not aware of any game files being left over after you delete the local game content so im pretty sure you're good to go.

Oh good then thanx , have you looked at the " THe Ship " site from Steam ?

Funny I had never paid much attention to the Steam News before now . Guess I'm looking for another freebie ! :whistling

http://www.theshiponline.com/

Reminds me of Kernel Mustard killed the wench in the library with a fucking hammer , think the game was called Clue ? :huh:

Dark Steno
07-11-2006, 08:44 AM
There's no retail version for DOD:S right? :(

S!X
07-11-2006, 07:25 PM

Yes there is, CSS too :D

mike45450
07-11-2006, 07:57 PM
You may as well just get the CS:S pack though, has CS:S, DoD:S and HL2: DM on one DVD.

Smith
07-11-2006, 10:09 PM
I did, didnt like it. Gameplay is to fast, theres no time for stragety, just run and gun.

Dark Steno
07-12-2006, 03:18 PM

But HL2 is included with CSS. I don't have a credit card, so that's a problem.

S!X
07-12-2006, 06:32 PM
But HL2 is included with CSS. I don't have a credit card, so that's a problem.

Na, they have a retail CSS by itself.... :blink: