PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Monday

NikkiD
07-10-2006, 04:52 PM
My day has been complete shit so far. I just wanna fast forward to Tuesday already.

I woke up late this morning, as the power apparently went out at some point last night and my alarm didn't go off, thus I was late for work. I get to work, and wait for our morning meeting with our team leader - who doesn't call and wastes half an hour of our time while we wait for him. Then I get passed a call from a co-worker who has messed the computer up worse than it already was, and what should have been a five minute fix becomes a 3 hour fix. Then I get crap about software installs that I've had on hold for too long, so I call the user again to try to get them done and he says the same thing he always says - that the machines are integral to the plant and cannot be rebooted unless the plant is on shutdown and that he will call me when it is safe to do this. This has now been ongoing since the beginning of May. Apparently though, I'm supposed to tell this user that it's mandatory and that they don't have a choice in the matter. So for a measly virus scanner update (on a machine that doesn't access the internet, email, or even MS Office), they're supposed to shut down the mill for an hour, losing millions of dollars in the process - simply because an SLA is overdue. Then another 4 of my calls get put on hold cause the user is either unavailable or not ready for them to happen yet. I'm also supposed to complete some online training courses that I can't do as I don't have rights to register myself for them, (even though I'm getting hounded on a daily basis for not doing them). So I'm sitting here with lots of stuff to do that I can't do and I'm bored.

How's everyone else's Monday going?

100%
07-10-2006, 05:16 PM
In relation to yours mine seems ok, seems you are put in limbo.

8am at the doctors getting a vacination for travel the needle broke cause he hit my bone, on the way back a junkie randomly just told me had taken an over dose of JHP - wtf is that? I then go student dentists to do a check up, i notice the guy is stoned and nervous, he injects antiwhatever its called in the wrong area, has to do it again, drills in the wrong tooth. I got a call from my buddy who is staying in the studio and said the entire studio had been robbed, "but you where there?" - "yes, but i was passed out i left the door open" "is the projector still there?" "no.." ofcourse they left my works, ungratefull bastards.
On my way to studio angry as hell (my buddy is capable of sleeping standing up) As i was getting on the tram, i had my passport in my shirt pocket, i get in, door closes the guy infront of me says the guy that passed you on the way out, took something out of your pocket, i look down, its gone, i watch him as the tram moves, he goes into a small cafe, i get out next station, run back and walk into one of those standby cafes for immigrant workers who wait for the one phone on the wall to ring offering a job, he is sitting there on a table surrounded by dudes, i speak french immediatly, he hands over the passport i walk out.
Go to police for no reason cause i aint getting my shit back anyway.

Feel better NikkiD?

NikkiD
07-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Feel better NikkiD?

Yup. :) Still bored though.

On a good note, my signature seems to be reappearing. :blink:

tesco
07-10-2006, 05:24 PM
That real Zed? What kind of studio stuff?

Anyway my day has been going ok...I called up Mr. Electric to ask if they're hiring apprentices and they ARE (:D) apparantly, so I got a fax address to send in my resume. :happy:

100%
07-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Different stories put together, my day is good, wife and kid are gone for a week so i finally get back to work (will someone turn off my modem)
but NikkiD
atleast you get paid to be annoyed

Lilmiss
07-10-2006, 07:21 PM
I must have fell asleep reading, as my face is now covered in Terry Prachett.
Plus, my effing dog ate my fags. :fist:

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7273/fuckingdawg8gg.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

manker
07-10-2006, 07:22 PM
my effing dog ate my fags. :fist:

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7273/fuckingdawg8gg.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
:lol:

DanB
07-10-2006, 07:25 PM

:glag:

Would it help if I said she only did it cos she cares? :unsure:

Proper Bo
07-10-2006, 07:26 PM
She does it cause she's a charv cunt, hactually. She ate my lighter too:fist:

Skweeky1
07-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Boyfriend's been shouting at Scottish Power over the phone since friday. Which makes him extremely pissed off, and thus, annoys me.
Bastards sent me a bill of £370 for a flat I lived in for 6 months and had a PREPAY meter.
Phoned them up on thursday to explain situation and they said they'd phone me on friday to sort this out.
No phone call whatsoever on friday.
Get another bill through the door this morning to say they apologize for their mistake and now are 'only' charging me £170!
Phoned again to explain we cannot possibly owe them money as we had a PREPAY meter but the person on the other end didn't seem to grasp this.
Eventually got through to someone who had something remotely resembling a brain.
Turns out we have to contact old houselord to get proof of address for the tenancy and then they can zero the balance and offer us compensation.

Then got letter from a company saying they've not received my payment by check last month. Contact the bank to check this. Check has definitely been cleared last month. Phone company again to tell them they made a mistake. They say they need to see my bank statement to make sure. Which will cost me £5!

:angry: :angry:

Lilmiss
07-10-2006, 07:30 PM
They were still in the frigging plastic wrapper.
She also drank my tea while I was out the room. :fist:

Proper Bo
07-10-2006, 07:32 PM
That video of the dog drinking your tea while out the room > The.

DanB
07-10-2006, 07:33 PM
She also drank my tea while I was out the room. :fist:

NikkiD
07-10-2006, 07:43 PM

Okay, your day is officially worse than mine. I've got fags. Speaking of which, I'm gonna go have one.

Lilmiss
07-10-2006, 07:48 PM
T'is ok, I recycled them all into spliffs. :happy:

That video of the dog drinking your tea while out the room > The.

Must be a way of editing that down to 10 seconds.
I'm sure one day I'll catch her having a cuppa n fag while reading the paper.

MagicNakor
07-11-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm off work because my father-in-law passed away on Friday, though we didn't know until Saturday.

:shuriken:

Buffalo
07-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Sad news MagicNakor, Condolences to you and your family.

manker
07-11-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm off work because my father-in-law passed away on Friday, though we didn't know until Saturday.

Sorry to hear that :(

NikkiD
07-11-2006, 01:01 PM

Very sorry to hear that. :( Hope you're holding up okay.

Busyman
07-11-2006, 02:22 PM
I had to get up early Monday 'cause my engine light came on on my way back from Williamsburg. One of my engine coil packs blew.

So drop the car off in the morning then hit the subway to go to court. The same fuckhead that has been suing me for years tried again Monday. This his dumbass doesn't show up for court due to him filing a writ of mandamus. The judge is wondering why he still isn't in court so she calls him ON SPEAKERPHONE in court. He starts yelling at the judge and talking over her and the judge tells him HE MUST be in court or his case will be dismissed. Since he is pro se she gives him MUCH latitude and advises that he must be in court by 12 noon which is when the appellate judge will rule on the writ. The judge and everyone else knew that the writ wouldn't fly but because he is pro se she didn't want rule early. Mind you I was the only case that day since the only 2 other cases settled before that day.

So here it was early in the morning, fuckhead decides not to show up, argues with the judge, I have to wait past 12 pm, and missed a LMAO by him not showing up (although the phone call was quite a larf for me and the court observers). Then I call the dealership and they tell me that engine coil packs aren't covered under my extended warranty. $305. I also have 2 leaking valve gaskets but they covered. $50 deductible.

I also lost my license, 2 credit cards, ATM card, personalized money clip, 1 extra disposable contact lens, and $95 at the Water Country USA PARKING LOT and not inside the park. I had all o dat shit in a ziploc bag with my car key. When we were leaving apparently I got my car key out, DROPPED THE FUCKING BAG ON THE GROUND, and drove off. :slap:

1. Wtf did I need $95, 2 credit cards, an ATM card, and money clip there for?
I was only going in with $30 but wifey gave me $65 more. Why? I have no fucking idea. Leave the shit in the trunk. I was a blonde haired black man that day.
I didn't loose my shit in the waterpark but in the fucking parking lot of the waterpark...but that wasn't on a Monday so it doesn't count.:dry:

Barbarossa
07-11-2006, 03:00 PM
People who loose their shit in the waterpark should be banned from that waterpark and all other waterparks for all time :nono:

Busyman
07-11-2006, 03:05 PM
People who loose their shit in the waterpark should be banned from that waterpark and all other waterparks for all time :nono:
Nooooooo!

Besides that, it was the waterparkinglot.:frusty:

Barbarossa
07-11-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm just saying for future reference, like :shit:

Pissing is OK of course, everyone does it. :smilie4:

Busyman
07-11-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm just saying for future reference, like :shit:

Pissing is OK of course, everyone does it. :smilie4:
Sorry I was late, ya pinhead.:(

As I told someone during one those shitinthepool breaks, chlorine will neutralize the piss but not the shit.:sick:

NikkiD
07-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Are we still on the theme of waterparks then?

I vote we make a Water Park subforum just for Busyman.

Busyman
07-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Are we still on the theme of waterparks then?

I vote we make a Water Park subforum just for Busyman.
Gee thanks.:happy:

Ya gotta blame Barbara for that though.

Barbarossa
07-11-2006, 04:18 PM
I refer the honourable gentleman to my brand new avatar :happy:

manker
07-11-2006, 04:19 PM
:glag:

NikkiD
07-11-2006, 04:44 PM

Busyman
07-11-2006, 04:46 PM
:lol: :lol:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/image.php?u=5&dateline=1152634284

Ya damn right. :snooty:

MagicNakor
07-11-2006, 05:03 PM
<image removed>

Edit by Chewie:
Seems that site doesn't allow hotlinking and someone here got burned :lol:

manker
07-11-2006, 05:05 PM
:ermm:

I think j2's first act as mod should be to moderate you for that :sick:

Buffalo
07-11-2006, 05:06 PM
I've seen that pic from years ago; the chap had an accident on a motor bike, well bad Dude!

A little, ott

@ Manker, omg!

Proper Bo
07-11-2006, 05:07 PM
/banned

Busyman™
07-11-2006, 08:36 PM
/banned
Totally agree.

/goatse

that's some ole Hellraiser/Necronomicon/David Cronenberg shit

manker
07-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Whoa! That wasn't the pic earlier.

Can a mod sort it out or what.

I think MN linked a pic (called 'carlton fresh prince') from somewhere that doesn't allow hotlinking and the server guys have pwned him by replacing the image with that shite - 'cos there's no edit watermark and the pic has changed, see.

It seems to me that MN googled for a funny pic of Carlton, as one was posted earlier, and this is the result. I did try to PM him but he's obviously AFK.

Lilmiss
07-11-2006, 08:45 PM
eeew, nasty.

/me makes mental note not to open this thread again.

Busyman™
07-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Whoa! That wasn't the pic earlier.

Can a mod sort it out or what.

I think MN linked a pic (called 'carlton fresh prince') from somewhere that doesn't allow hotlinking and the server guys have pwned him by replacing the image with that shite - 'cos there's no edit watermark and the pic has changed, see.

It seems to me that MN googled for a funny pic of Carlton, as one was posted earlier, and this is the result. I did try to PM him but he's obviously AFK.
True dat.

It was goatse earlier.

and then changed to the dick array.:sick:

now it's imploded face.:sick:

NikkiD
07-11-2006, 08:58 PM

Erm... yeah. That guy definitely had a worse Monday than I did. :ermm:

Busyman™
07-11-2006, 09:01 PM

Erm... yeah. That guy definitely had a worse Monday than I did. :ermm:
and to top it off:sick: ....

There is one shitting into someone else's ass the you see the face of lady with shit all around her mouth (and in it).

That has to be the nastiest thing I've ever seen.:sick:

NikkiD
07-11-2006, 09:10 PM
I wouldn't know. I've now taken to scrolling very quickly past the scary picture. :fear:

JPaul
07-11-2006, 09:13 PM
It's not there anymore.

Chewie did the needfull.

Busyman™
07-11-2006, 09:14 PM
I wouldn't know. I've now taken to scrolling very quickly past the scary picture. :fear:
Take solace in that the pic in particular goes along with the beginning of your thread title.

Barbarossa
07-12-2006, 08:41 AM
bah, I miss all the excitement :(

MagicNakor
07-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Apparently, so do I. :( When I posted it, it was this:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9223/thefreshprinceofbelaircarlton6.gif

It is nice to note that the original site now has a red NO HOTLINKING ALLOWED warning. I guess I pwned their server. ;)

Skweeky1
07-12-2006, 07:01 PM
What exactly IS hotlinking? :o

manker
07-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Hot-linking an image is what you're doing with your sig. Directly linking an image from one site to a different site.

Some sites regard it as stealing their bandwidth, meh.

Skweeky1
07-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Oh right

wankers :snooty:

manker
07-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Just calculated that after 671 posts with approximately 19.34 unique views per post - you've probably cost that 'ingestandimbibe' site about 27p.

:o

Skweeky1
07-12-2006, 07:15 PM
I didn't even put that sig there myself.
I believe it was VB1234 after Ketchup War IV

Busyman
07-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Hot-linking an image is what you're doing with your sig. Directly linking an image from one site to a different site.

Some sites regard it as stealing their bandwidth, meh.
Yeah it does. I can't remember what site but it had a popular picture and the guys running it noticed significant "traffic" only to find it was a ton of hotlinking.

spenz
07-13-2006, 01:39 AM
My monday is very good i met a pretty chick plus i got a good project.^_^