PDA

View Full Version : WTF TL banned my PC.. what the hell!?

tralalala
07-10-2006, 07:39 PM
I had a ratio of about 6.5... no idea what the hell happened.. went to log in last week, and it gave a white page saying "Congratulations, you are banned!".. now I cant access the site at all.. not even the chat through a web-proxy..

WTF??? :huh:

NiKRuLeZ
07-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Its a IP range ban. Those users that mess about get themselves banned aswell as others from the site :|

T.r.u.m.p.y
07-10-2006, 09:13 PM
how do u know it's ip range ban and not individual ban ?

NiKRuLeZ
07-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Someone here told me that TL to range bans

fester32
07-10-2006, 10:40 PM
To get a ban rather than just a warning I would guess you have either:
tried to use a proxy, create a dupe account, or got caught cheating with third party software.

edit: sorry about that, my mistake. wont happen again sir :(

bmt134
07-11-2006, 07:47 AM
No need to post the name of a cheating program.

j0hn
07-11-2006, 08:43 AM
most sites im on have all of israel banned.
there seems to be a small number of users with dynamic i.ps who keep getting invited back with new emails to the sites, and leeching like hell with their fast download/slow upload connection.

the sites seemed to get fed up with this and simply banned the entire i.p range.

edit: after checking ur account on tl, seems ur account is disabled, so its not just an i.p range ban thats affecting u. contact the staff on their irc server and ask why.

sear
07-11-2006, 08:47 AM
tralalalaDisabled

This account has been disabled

Your ratio was about 2.8 not 6 somthing but still no reason to ban you...unless you know somthing I don't? anyway try contacting the admins on the IRC

reiden
07-11-2006, 11:12 AM
yea.. i've heared that too. many trackers simply ban Israel and korea, dont know if there are more such bans :ermm:

And nowadays, trackers communicate and unite to track the cheaters and trouble makers, so if you have made anytrouble on such trackers, you may get banned on many other trackers too.:ph34r:

NiKRuLeZ
07-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Why do they ban Korea and Israel IP ranges thats a bit harsh on excluding them out of these trackers

tralalala
07-11-2006, 12:47 PM
ive done nothing wrong.. have uploaded quite a few GB's, didnt leech too much, nothing wrong.. i'll try and contact them via IRC... :huh:

tralalala
07-11-2006, 12:52 PM
damn their IRC wont load either.. not no IE and not on FF.. :( what do i do now? can someone talk to them for me..?

Dr. Lecter
07-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Plz, I don't want 2 start this argument again....
Some sites banned & r banning ip's from Israel.
Some of the Israeliz have a slow upload, but the banning reason is that a lot of fucking children from Israel r using some softwares 2 cheat their ratio.
I'm a proud Israeli, I'm a member at a lot of private sites & i'm not banned & I have a good upload rate & good ratio.

tralalala
07-11-2006, 03:24 PM
if you are israeli, how come you have not been banned yet? i do not use cheat programs, i condemn that type of stuff.

yes, i do also have slow upload - about 30 kb/s.. and yet i still managed to maintain a good, and even excellent ratio, and still do on OiNK... so i dont understand why they dont just ban the single people that cheat...

NiKRuLeZ
07-12-2006, 08:22 PM
If you are getting the 403: Congratulations Banned message then delete cookies from either Internet explorer or firefox, and then you should be able to access Torrentleech :D

<--LwA-->
07-13-2006, 12:02 AM
if you i can talk with them..... i had this problem in the past..... just tell me the username and i will see what i can do......

tralalala
07-13-2006, 06:08 AM
user: tralalala

apparently, they said the reason was, that i got my invite off an invite trader... :huh:

so now what!? can someone speak to them for me?

<--LwA-->
07-13-2006, 07:29 AM
im on it.....

mbucari1
01-24-2007, 09:59 PM
DHT must be disabled in your client, DHT can cause your stats to be recorded incorrectly and could be seen as cheating also disable PEX (peer exchange) Anyone using this will be banned for cheating the system. Check your snatchlist regularly to ensure stats are being recorded correctly, allow 30mins for the tracker to update your stats.

Skiz
01-24-2007, 10:04 PM
I had a ratio of about 6.5... no idea what the hell happened.. went to log in last week, and it gave a white page saying "Congratulations, you are banned!".. now I cant access the site at all.. not even the chat through a web-proxy..

WTF??? :huh:

From the FAQ:

Why can't I connect? Is the site blocking me?

Maybe my address is blacklisted?

If you cant open the site at all, or you receive an Access Ddenied Page, then propably your ip is blocked. Please contact a member of the staff in our irc channel (#tlhelp at irc.torrentleech.org) to help you

Your ISP blocks the site's address

(In first place, it's unlikely your ISP is doing so. DNS name resolution and/or network problems are the usual culprits.)
There's nothing we can do. You should contact your ISP (or get a new one). Note that you can still visit the site via a proxy, follow the instructions in the relevant section. In this case it doesn't matter if the proxy is anonymous or not, or which port it listens to.

Notice that you will always be listed as an "unconnectable" client because the tracker will be unable to check that you're capable of accepting incoming connections.

chaptorrent
01-25-2007, 12:42 AM
me too was a power user in Tl & i gave many invitation to other people with trade or without ...& suddenly i got this message .(ur ip is banned) why i dunt know ..& asked two or three of people i invited them they said they also banned ..why ..i still dunt know ...maybe a fucking crazy boy uses a cheating software

DKre8ive1
01-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Why do they ban Korea and Israel IP ranges thats a bit harsh on excluding them out of these trackers

Because after banning 100's if not 1000's of users ips due to cheating and breaking of the rules.
Sometimes site staff feel it ain't worth the head ache they face every day, so I say don't blame the site owners blame your fellow members who feel its ok to cheat the tracker and his fellow country men out of a good site.

Melvinmeow
01-25-2007, 11:55 AM

Because after banning 100's if not 1000's of users ips due to cheating and breaking of the rules.
Sometimes site staff feel it ain't worth the head ache they face every day, so I say don't blame the site owners blame your fellow members who feel its ok to cheat the tracker and his fellow country men out of a good site.
Exactly...
When a group of people get banned for breaking at least 1 of the sites rules they somehow try to give the site a bad name. When in reality the site is only trying to enforce their own rules which are ussually in place for a reason. Nobody points their fingers to the morons who intentionally broke the rules, its only the site or the sites staff they get slammed around by people.