PDA

View Full Version : Best 3D figure posing studio...thingy?

SpatulaGeekGirl
07-11-2006, 10:04 PM
Y'know, like poser. I'm bored of playing the sims 2 as "playing" might not be the right word because the only thing I enjoy about it is making stuff so I want to use a posing studios instead.

There's this one I was looking at earlier - DAZ Studio (http://www.daz3d.com/program/studio/1_0index.php) but the stuff is damn expensive and I don't know if there's better ones out there and what the limitations are. Can anyone help?

:dabs:

100%
07-11-2006, 10:15 PM
In poser or daz you can redefine everything yet you seem not satisfied.. do you control the tool?

SpatulaGeekGirl
07-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Lovely. :mellow:

Now someone, please help me find the best 3D poser.

DorisInsinuate
07-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Wikipedia, ftw.

This posing thingie does seem like a bit of a niche market. So I think you're really going to struggle to find an alternative to Poser.

I can't even think of any real alternatives to Photoshop apart from Paint Shop Pro and GIMP :dabs:

You could always just steal something :unsure:

SpatulaGeekGirl
07-12-2006, 12:44 AM
I did some of my own research.

It basically comes down to this.

DAZ stupid vs. Poser 6

Poser 6 supposedly has better graphics but is harder to use and more expensive (at least initially). That's what I found out with google but I'd like some more info/opinions.

DorisInsinuate
07-12-2006, 07:50 PM
If I was making the choice I would go for Poser. Just to avoid the Danny Baker brain penetration.