PDA

View Full Version : DVD-Video files need help!!!!!!

YUPitzTONY
07-13-2006, 09:09 PM
I got some .VOB files saved on my harddrive,i try to burn it onto a DVD-R so it would be playable on a progressive scan home dvd player. But the problem is when i try to move the .VOB files and load it into nero express --> DVD-Video files, it says like i'm missing the .BUP,.IFO,etc. So it wont let me continue to burn.:angry: Is there any software out there that is simple,easy to used also not much editing, for me to easily create those files? Would really be appreciated if anybody could help. THANKS!!!!:D

harrycary
07-13-2006, 10:42 PM
You will need to create ifo and bup files to properly create/burn vob files for playback on a stand-alone DVD player.

2 tools needed are: ifoedit and vobedit. Both are freely available.

(a google search will help you find them)

There's a complete tutorial at the link below to do this.

http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=120021

Piece of cake.

regards,

YUPitzTONY
07-14-2006, 11:56 AM
thanks harrycary imma go ahead n check it out , really appreciate it :)

YUPitzTONY
07-14-2006, 02:33 PM
hey harrycary i tried that guide http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=120021 it joins all the .VOB files into 1 and the maximum files it burn is up to 9 . I got more then 10 VOB files and i want it in seperate chapters not joining it all together into 1 file....

ghurka
07-14-2006, 02:47 PM
I'd just use VSO ConvertXtoDvd which would convert the vob files into a Video_TS folder with vob,bup & ifo.

harrycary
07-14-2006, 10:43 PM
I've never encountered the issue about too many VOB files so that's never been an issue for me. I do create chapters automatically using Nero Ultra when I need them.

I'm sure there are other DVD authoring programs that can do the same.

I've never joined VOB files so I can't help you there.

ghurka I didn't know that VSO could do that. I'll give it a try some time. Thanks.

YUPitzTONY
07-16-2006, 04:49 AM
thanks agian harry ,,yea imma try other software. ghurka imma check that one out thanks u guys for the info...

YUPitzTONY
07-17-2006, 01:04 PM
I'd just use VSO ConvertXtoDvd which would convert the vob files into a Video_TS folder with vob,bup & ifo.

WORKS GREAT!! PROBLEM SOLVE