PDA

View Full Version : Make Sure Your Loved One's Know You Love Them

BigBank_Hank
07-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Reason I’m saying this is because yesterday my mom was in a car accident where a semi truck ran a red light and broad sided the mini van she was in. After the impact they traveled 450 feet before hitting another building before they came to a stop. Luckily she got away with just some really bad bruising and aches and pains all over the place. While we were in the emergency room the State Police came to talk to us and he said that they are lucky to be alive. She was in the mini van with my best friend and her three children and all of them survived the crash without serious injury, somehow.

Having the State Police tell you that your mom is lucky to be alive is a feeling that is unbelievable. So I know that its really corny and what not but make sure you tell your mom are whoever it may be that you love them because you just never know what the future may bring. It’s something that I never did and took for granted but it takes a close call like this to make you realize how close that we may be to loosing the people that we care so deeply about.

lynx
07-15-2006, 12:05 AM
I guess it's a good job they went so far before hitting the building. Although it sounds scary, and gives an indication of the speed of the truck, the distance will have taken a lot of energy out the impact.

Glad to hear she's basically ok.

j2k4
07-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Reason I’m saying this is because yesterday my mom was in a car accident where a semi truck ran a red light and broad sided the mini van she was in. After the impact they traveled 450 feet before hitting another building before they came to a stop. Luckily she got away with just some really bad bruising and aches and pains all over the place. While we were in the emergency room the State Police came to talk to us and he said that they are lucky to be alive. She was in the mini van with my best friend and her three children and all of them survived the crash without serious injury, somehow.

Having the State Police tell you that your mom is lucky to be alive is a feeling that is unbelievable. So I know that its really corny and what not but make sure you tell your mom are whoever it may be that you love them because you just never know what the future may bring. It’s something that I never did and took for granted but it takes a close call like this to make you realize how close that we may be to loosing the people that we care so deeply about.

Glad to hear all are still among us, Hank.

Count your blessings, every one of them, and do it regularly.

Best lesson there is, I think.

Try to say a word to others, too, when you know they're having a rough go of things-even if you don't know them well...I've had several very sad experiences in the past decade or so, and heard about several more from friends, having to do with people who might still be with us, or others who came within a hair's breadth of doing something regrettable but for a word or gesture of some sort were retrieved from the brink.

It is, to say the least, disconcerting to realize one has missed such a chance to make the gesture or say the word that might have made the difference.

We are better people when we say and do the little things, absent the foresight they might be the biggest, best things we will ever do.

cpt_azad
07-15-2006, 05:48 AM
A miracle that's for sure, I am very glad to hear she is not too hurt and is ok.

vidcc
07-15-2006, 04:23 PM
I think the sentiment in the title says it all Jamie.

My best wishes to all concerned for a quick recovery.

BigBank_Hank
07-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys for all of the well wishes.

We really don’t know how much we really appreciate our loved one’s until something like this happens.

I always thought that my dad was the toughest person in the world; I mean I’ve never seen him cry at a funeral or anything like that. This morning the reality of how close we came to losing my mom hit him and he just lost it and started to cry and freak out. I never thought that this man was capable of feeling such an emotion and when I saw him like that it was the ultimate reality check.

Skweeky
07-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Scary stuff that mate. Really happy to here they're all ok.

And great to see someone bring this up in a serious thread as well.

My boyfriend and I never leave each other whilst having a fight or whatever. It gets solved before either of us leave the house cuz as you said... you never know what might happen next.

Last words I said to my dad was something along the lines of 'you're the most awful perosn in the world' and he died the night after without me being able to make up with him.

I made peace with that, but it was hard and I never want something like that to happen again.

100%
07-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the reminder, how easy we forget... again and again

Rat Faced
07-18-2006, 08:18 PM
And then forget tomorrow.. after learning our lesson. :(

Hope everythings now OK Hank.