PDA

View Full Version : Salted Files

TaGirl_Keri
05-03-2003, 12:30 PM
I've downloaded 6 salted files today. The type where I get the first 10-20 secs of a song then blank. I message the people I downloaded from that it's a bad file, then delete it. Is there anything else I should be doing. Like yelling and screaming? It's very annoying on 56k

J'Pol
05-03-2003, 01:33 PM
You should also be mellow and remain calm about the universe and it's many wonders.

It's all just part of life's rich tapestry.

Ad
05-03-2003, 01:59 PM
If u join us at soulseek u wont get shit like that u will get what u want!!!

I got fed up with that problem on kazzaa particuly with new albums and its getting worse everyday

Unafraid Cheese
05-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by adthomp@3 May 2003 - 14:59
If u join us at soulseek u wont get shit like that u will get what u want!!!

I got fed up with that problem on kazzaa particuly with new albums and its getting worse everyday
were do i find soulseek please I`m begging you tell me.

I have recently had problems conecting to found sources. I have spoken to my ISP and done verious tests with them, and they have convinced me that the problem is not with them. I thought it was due to my 1 gig per day limmit. But i have been informed by them i could dl 10 gigs a day and all i would get is a nasty letter asking me to slow down a bit.

To the point raised in this thread I think with 4,600,000 + users currently on Kazaa its haveing problems with makeing solid conections P2P and bits of files may possibly go missing. I may be wrong I`m guessing. If you add to this the many recent inquiries about blocking leeches, well who knows ?

I know this is no help but I hope you problems are quickly answerd.

Jibbler
05-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by TaGirl_Keri@3 May 2003 - 08:30
the type where I get the first 10-20 secs of a song then blank.
Those are called "drops." The studios are doing this as some sort of antipiracy method. You have to live with it, until the retail comes out. ;)

MOTOMATT
05-03-2003, 10:48 PM
:) it used to bug me to no end dl files and get dorps' i couldn't figure why people would share bad files now i know the studios are just trying to agrevate us :)

vivitron 15
05-03-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Unafraid Cheese+3 May 2003 - 18:56--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Unafraid Cheese @ 3 May 2003 - 18:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--adthomp@3 May 2003 - 14:59
If u join us at soulseek u wont get shit like that u will get what u want&#33;&#33;&#33;

were do i find soulseek please I`m begging you tell me.

I have recently had problems conecting to found sources. I have spoken to my ISP and done verious tests with them, and they have convinced me that the problem is not with them. I thought it was due to my 1 gig per day limmit. But i have been informed by them i could dl 10 gigs a day and all i would get is a nasty letter asking me to slow down a bit.

To the point raised in this thread I think with 4,600,000 + users currently on Kazaa its haveing problems with makeing solid conections P2P and bits of files may possibly go missing. I may be wrong I`m guessing. If you add to this the many recent inquiries about blocking leeches, well who knows ?

I know this is no help but I hope you problems are quickly answerd. [/b][/quote]
go to music world/verified/music database

ShockAndAwe^i^
05-04-2003, 04:44 AM
DL Software-
Avoid Fakes-
Aquire viruses instead&#33;

no fakes on soulseek&#33;