PDA

View Full Version : Client with ban immunity or less banned in the trackers.

sharefile4
07-16-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm a member of goods private trackers and I've been seeing in the announcements, Faqs and Rules that some important (or at least for most of people) clients are being banned and we have risk to be banned too if we use them.

Azureus is banned on W*B* (important private traker). But in other private traker (important TV tracker) it is recommended! In other sweden tracker (sw*) AZ is being banned.

Utorrent (the best for most of people) is being questioned in some forums in the verision 1.6 but I haven't seen Ut ban yet.

My question is not Why? because the reason are explained in each of the sites (most of the reason against the cheaters)

The question is : What suppose should we do?
1) Have more than one client (run at the same time? or not?).
2) Check all the time announcements, Faqs and Rules en each of this sites?
3) Use Utorrent because it is less banned?
4) others suggestions?

Thanks!

sh4.
sharing is great.
;)

deuce6000
07-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Yeah just use utorrent not because it is less banned but because it kicks the shit out of the rest imo. :)

LinkS v2.0
07-17-2006, 02:48 AM
shareaza ownz!!!!1ONEONE!!11

anhtran
07-17-2006, 04:52 AM
Honestly I think WildBytes went nut about cheating. Seriously, it disable scraping, limit manual update time to 30sec, have a wall of shame for cheaters... A bit too obsessive don't you think?
TB, TL, OINK don't even use that...

And ban AZ, come on man. It's the best project on sourceforge for Christ's sake. Geezzz!
ps: not that I don't like uTorrent or anything, but I used AZ for my whole life (well, until I found out about uTorrent :p )

sear
07-17-2006, 05:21 AM
shareaza ownz!!!!1ONEONE!!11

Uh not realy:blink:

shareaza is banned on most of the top private trackers because it's not a proper bt client and doesn't report very well.

Use Utorrent it realy is the best

NiKRuLeZ
07-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Yeah utorrent rocks!

j0hn
07-17-2006, 11:41 AM
use utorrent, always get latest releases = wont get banned

if there ever is a problem with utorrent being banned for something wrong with the client, the author would fix it immediately. hes already put alot of effort into stopping ppl faking utorrent clients. and it behaves, and only announces when the tracker says it can.

n0daye
07-17-2006, 12:01 PM
utorrent never lets you down ;)

erroneous
07-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Dime doesn't allow the latest uTorrent as DHT doesn't allow for the torrents that they ban to terminate quickly enough. I use ABC for the Dime torrents and uTorrent for everything else.

My $0.02,
erroneous

ghurka
07-17-2006, 04:44 PM
It seems to have got to the stage where you'll have to use a different BT client for each tracker.

Some sites won't let you use uTorrent 1.5 or earlier. Another site states:

There have been reports that uTorrent 1.6 is reporting bad data to trackers that looks like cheating. Whether this is true or not (and we doubt that it is), we are unable to distinguish between real cheating and this supposed "accidental cheating". If you are determined to be cheating, claiming that you use uTorrent 1.6 will not be a seen as a valid excuse. Use it at your own risk.

So you just can't win.

And as already stated WB has banned Azureus.

BitComet has been banned for some time so what else is there to use?

sharefile4
07-17-2006, 05:16 PM
It seems to have got to the stage where you'll have to use a different BT client for each tracker.

Some sites won't let you use uTorrent 1.5 or earlier. Another site states:

There have been reports that uTorrent 1.6 is reporting bad data to trackers that looks like cheating. Whether this is true or not (and we doubt that it is), we are unable to distinguish between real cheating and this supposed "accidental cheating". If you are determined to be cheating, claiming that you use uTorrent 1.6 will not be a seen as a valid excuse. Use it at your own risk.

So you just can't win.

And as already stated WB has banned Azureus.

BitComet has been banned for some time so what else is there to use?

Yes! What problem mate! I agree!

I read that about Ut 1.6 on ****.** (super private traker) but there are a lot of users, PU on this site still using Utorent 1.6.

I don't know! May be you're right... we can't win! we'll have to use 1 (utorent),2 (AZ) or 3 (BC)...4(??) client in order to avoid the ban!

Thanks for all comments!

sh4.
sharing is great.
;)