PDA

View Full Version : News Groups

mark845
05-03-2003, 05:13 PM
ok i no how to get on to news groups but does any one no of any good ones to get new films of and music

Jibbler
05-03-2003, 08:04 PM
alt.binaries.mp3 also alt.binaries.vcd

Download a good newsgroup reader like GrabIt or NewsbinPro. That should get you started. Search google for more information on how to download files, etc. ;)

mark845
05-03-2003, 10:49 PM
thanks but i cant seem to find any of then :(

Jibbler
05-03-2003, 10:57 PM
It amazes me that people can find this board, but can't find freeware. Anyway, Grabit can be found here. (http://www.shemes.com/) ;)

NewsbinPro can be found on kazaa, just fire it up, and search. Also check our verifieds section for a hash.

mark845
05-03-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler@3 May 2003 - 23:57
It amazes me that people can find this board, but can't find freeware. Anyway, Grabit can be found here. (http://www.shemes.com/) ;)

NewsbinPro can be found on kazaa, just fire it up, and search. Also check our verifieds section for a hash.
no sorry i didnt meen i could find gradit ive got and in conected and all that, wot i couldnt find was alt.binaries.mp3 also alt.binaries.vcd, they r just not ther

Jibbler
05-03-2003, 11:41 PM
Oh, I get it now. You have to get connected to a server. Most ISPs have their own which you can use, but the files don't have good retention. Basically, after a day or so, the files get deleted, depending on the server and your ISP. If you want a fast newsgroup server, checkout Newshosting.com. They guarantee 14 days of retention on all binary newsgroups, and 30 days on everything else. They provide up to 8 concurrent connections, and I get download speeds of over 300K. There isn't a filesharing program on earth that gives connections like that.

I assure you, those binary groups are there. They are very heavily populated by thousands of users daily. Try downloading all available headers from the newsgroup, and then you should find what you want. :)

chrhein
05-04-2003, 12:05 PM
also try these
alt.binaries.games
alt.binaries.divx
alt.binaries.vcd.svcd
alt.binaries.erotic

iBLoStboY
05-04-2003, 12:16 PM
Newsgroups are a awesome place to get your content Movies, Music , Games , Software - and at Blazing speeds -

Here are some other Groups you should Subscribe to.

alt.binaries.monter-movies
alt.binaries.multimedia
alt.binaries.horror
alt.binaries.scifi
alt.binaries.boneless
alt.binaries.dvd
alt.binaries.southpark
alt.binaries.svcd
alt.binaries.vcd.svcd
alt.binaries.vcdz
alt.binaries.movies

There, that should keep you busy downloading for awhile -
whatever you heart desires :lol:

Here is a site that tells you what is being posted to what newsgroup a must bookmark... Enjoy

http://www.newzbin.com/

mark845
05-04-2003, 12:23 PM
thanks every one but i cant find any ov them on my server :( look like im gone have to subscride to another one

iBLoStboY
05-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Oh also if your a howard Stern fan you can get his show recorded in mp3 @ 56 kb/s and also the E Shows.

alt.binaries.howard-stern

Crack_man
05-04-2003, 05:36 PM
What the hell is a newsgroups?

Jibbler
05-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Search google for 'usenet' and you'll get the idea. Its probably the fastest, and oldest form of trading files on the internet. Used mainly for message boards, usenet has grown to a big money business. Most movies/music that are ripped are posted to newsgroups first. :)