PDA

View Full Version : New Sky Broadband

Silver_Dales
07-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Hi, what do all the brits on the boaed think of the new Sky Broadband packages announced this week? How do you think Sky will be over file sharing P2P etc? I'm currently with a small ISP who don't really give a sh*t but I pay alot now compared to wot Sky are offering and anyone else really.

Virtualbody1234
07-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Maybe you could tell us what Sky has offered in their new packages?

Silver_Dales
07-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Sorry mate. Heres a link to what they are offering. http://broadband.sky.com/flash.htm

kronas
07-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Hi, what do all the brits on the boaed think of the new Sky Broadband packages announced this week? How do you think Sky will be over file sharing P2P etc? I'm currently with a small ISP who don't really give a sh*t but I pay alot now compared to wot Sky are offering and anyone else really.

according to the literature i recieved all services are subject to a 'fair usage policy' what that is i dont know, but i assume if you hammer your connection too much action will be taken against you.

Silver_Dales
07-21-2006, 06:48 AM
I only do 1 or 2 films a week and a little music, a PS2 game now and then. So I'm not exactly going mad on it.

toxicity
07-21-2006, 07:15 AM
sounds ok if you are a light user but im not a fan of usage caps whatever size they are ....id imagine sky to be the sort of plan my dad could use :)

kronas
07-21-2006, 06:34 PM
sounds ok if you are a light user but im not a fan of usage caps whatever size they are ....id imagine sky to be the sort of plan my dad could use :)

most if not all ISP's have a 'fair usage policy' or caps which you are told about FUP's mean if you hammer your connection alot more, download or upload exessively, you are liable for penaltys, its a fairly standard practice, most hide the fact to not deter customers, most get away with excessive usage, its all about strictness really.

nutta30
07-27-2006, 10:56 PM
skys not bad but where i live they only offering the mid package of upto 8 meg :( to which i get bout 3.5 sob sob ....plus in the midrange is capped so im stayin wi aohell doh!!!

suprafreak6
07-28-2006, 01:09 AM
dang that sounds look a good deal too bad i live in america
id go with the max deal

gamer4eva
08-06-2006, 01:17 AM
I was affected by that dumb fair usage policy. If i used it too much my internet connection would just get cut for like two days. It was terrible. Anyone that wants to go sky or any other company that have fair usage policy you best off not being a heavy downloader. I just left my net connection on for like 9 hours and i downloaded 1gb worth of files and my internet got cut of for 2 days. Terrible that is.

TMan121
08-23-2006, 08:04 AM
I was going to go for the 16mb deal but my line can only support up to 4.5mb so there is no really point

gamer4eva
08-26-2006, 07:38 PM
I was going to go for the 16mb deal but my line can only support up to 4.5mb so there is no really point

You are better off getting the cable package by blueyonder.....:lol: . I wouldnt go with ISP's that cap their users and impose a fair usage policy. This is only recommended for light usage really.:(

Colt Seevers
08-26-2006, 08:40 PM
I wouldnt go with ISP's that cap their users and impose a fair usage policy. This is only recommended for light usage really.:(

o.t: I agree, I was with BT yahoo and they wanted to charge me £1 for every gig I went over their stupid fair useage allowance. One month I had to pay a 42 quid broadband bill!!

So, they will give people 8meg connections but they can only download something stupid like 50 gig a month!

Obviosuly they had to go....

gamer4eva
08-26-2006, 08:50 PM
I wouldnt go with ISP's that cap their users and impose a fair usage policy. This is only recommended for light usage really.:(

o.t: I agree, I was with BT yahoo and they wanted to charge me £1 for every gig I went over their stupid fair useage allowance. One month I had to pay a 42 quid broadband bill!!

So, they will give people 8meg connections but they can only download something stupid like 50 gig a month!

Obviosuly they had to go....

Also the chances of every BT line supporting 8mb is impossible. It all depends on your distance from the exchange. This is something that they won't tell you.:angry: But they still manage to fool many customers.:lol: