PDA

View Full Version : Weird Data Arrrangement

Warhol
07-20-2006, 11:22 PM
So I was looking through torrents for Windows 2000 and I came accross one with a large amount of seeds and peers, but it had a whole bunch of .rar files. How are a bunch of .rar files turned into an operating system after you download that torrent?

peat moss
07-21-2006, 12:40 AM
You mean like IND.rar 001, 002 , and so on ? I could never understand that my self . I just unpack and look for the setup exe. or the nfo file to help explain it all .

I'd look for an ISO file or a bin and cue file to D/L and burn .

Virtualbody1234
07-21-2006, 02:06 AM
It's used to spread a large file(s) across many smaller compressed rar files. Once you have all the files, you can unpack whatever is inside with Winrar. http://www.rarlab.com/

peat moss
07-21-2006, 02:33 AM
@VB , it pays to have a good memory , I remember asking you the same question , many moons ago . :)

Warhol
07-22-2006, 03:59 AM
Wierd. The problem was solved by simply extracting all the corresponding .rar's to a folder, taking the form of an unflawed .iso. Wierd, huh?

tesco
07-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Wierd. The problem was solved by simply extracting all the corresponding .rar's to a folder, taking the form of an unflawed .iso. Wierd, huh?Not really, that's what they're meant to do. :)

Movies, games, tv eps, etc. are always posted that way so that they're seperate small files rather than one large file.