PDA

View Full Version : Hoi Mods

JPaul
07-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Did I really call that thread Famous Sportsperson. I'm sure it was Famous Sportsmen. I wouldn't say Sportsperson, burds sports don't count. Have one of you changed my thread title.

Barbarossa
07-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Fucking racists. :angry:

MagicNakor
07-24-2006, 11:08 AM
I remember it being Sportsmen. Didn't change it though, as sportsperson sounds weird.

:shuriken:

JPaul
07-24-2006, 11:11 AM
I remember it being Sportsmen. Didn't change it though, as sportsperson sounds weird.

See, I'm not a mental.

So why did someone change it. Was there some new bizarre rule broken.

MagicNakor
07-24-2006, 11:17 AM
I bet it was sara going a bit mental after suffering so many digs at her bike.

JPaul
07-24-2006, 11:21 AM
I bet it was sara going a bit mental after suffering so many digs at her bike.

It's good she has the shack as a sanctuary.

Rat Faced
07-24-2006, 10:20 PM
I changed it..

NikkiD is definatly no man :naughty:

JPaul
07-24-2006, 10:30 PM
I changed it..

Why?

Virtualbody1234
07-24-2006, 10:36 PM
:geptardrod:

Rat Faced
07-24-2006, 10:37 PM
I just told you. :snooty:

JPaul
07-24-2006, 10:40 PM
No you didn't.

Why did you change my thread title? It's not a hard question.

Lilmiss
07-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Hoi mods!!

How comes I get getting that pop up message when I receive a pm?
Also, why does it throw me out the lounge if I close said pop up?

n who would win in a fight between Rossco n Rat? :unsure:

JPaul
07-24-2006, 11:11 PM
No you didn't.

Seriously, it's not a hard question.

manker
07-24-2006, 11:17 PM
No you didn't.

Seriously, it's not a hard question.
VB1234 seems to think it's some sort of rod. Maybe they had a wee chat about the best way to go about rodding you in Team Chat and decided upon this course of action.

Bless.

Which brings me neatly to another point. How come sacked mods can see Team Chat.

JPaul
07-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Mods taking the pish out of members, that's a good thing.

Still wondering, why was my thread title changed when it didn't break any rules.

Virtualbody1234
07-24-2006, 11:30 PM
We had no such discussion, alas.

JPaul
07-24-2006, 11:40 PM
We had no such discussion, alas.
:lol:

Still waiting for someone to tell me why the title was changed.

Proper Bo
07-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Cause you're scottish, and they're racists. True story.

Virtualbody1234
07-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Edit: Oops!

Wrong thread...

JPaul
07-25-2006, 06:20 AM
So why was the thread title changed, could someone other than a half-wit, whose purpose in life is adding up, answer. It really isn't that difficult a question. Why was the thread title changed?

GepperRankins
07-25-2006, 06:34 AM
apparently rat faced thinks nikkid is a sportsperson. women can't do sports though, apart from basketball tennis.

tesco
07-25-2006, 07:13 AM
We had no such discussion, alas.No, you had the discussion for my $20 thread.:pinch:

Virtualbody1234
07-25-2006, 07:48 AM
We had no such discussion, alas.No, you had the discussion for my $20 thread.:pinch:
I don't recall posting in that topic.

JPaul
07-25-2006, 08:08 AM
So why was the title changed. If it was against a rule, or if someone made a complaint about it then the very least I would expect would be a PM about it.

Barbarossa
07-25-2006, 10:03 AM
It was probably a joke. they're pretty tricky to spot. :no:

JPaul
07-25-2006, 03:07 PM
What's the joke. A Mod changes a perfectly acceptable post, for no reason and doesn't tell the poster that's he / she has done it, or why he / she has done it.

One tends to assume that if a mod changes something it is because either they have a problem with it, or there have been complaints. One would expect to be notified of this.

If it was RF, I would just like him to tell me why. It's really not a complicated thing.

Buffalo
07-25-2006, 03:15 PM
I have had posts changed as well, I did report one of them as it was not funny, it's not happened for a few weeks now.

JPaul
07-25-2006, 03:19 PM
What's the joke. A Mod changes a perfectly acceptable post, for no reason and doesn't tell the poster that's he / she has done it, or why he / she has done it.

One tends to assume that if a mod changes something it is because either they have a problem with it, or there have been complaints. One would expect to be notified of this.

If it was RF, I would just like him to tell me why. It's really not a complicated thing.

Rat Faced
07-25-2006, 03:35 PM
I did tell you...

I added Nikki to your thread, she is not a he, so i changed the thread title to reflect this.

You seemed happy enough that she'd been named in your thread, and didnt mention it at the time... I did both things at the same time, afterall.

Virtualbody1234
07-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Hoi. What's the big deal?

The mods can change titles/posts in the lounge. Even delete stuff.

They're not breaking any rules.

You keep saying that anything goes in the lounge.

It's really not a complicated thing.

NikkiD
07-25-2006, 03:50 PM
apparently rat faced thinks nikkid is a sportsperson. women can't do sports though, apart from basketball tennis.

Hell, I can't even do those. :no:

JPaul
07-25-2006, 04:30 PM
I did tell you...

I added Nikki to your thread, she is not a he, so i changed the thread title to reflect this.

You seemed happy enough that she'd been named in your thread, and didnt mention it at the time... I did both things at the same time, afterall.
Paul,

With all due respect that is neither here nor there. I started the thread and called it what I wanted to call it. The only justification for you changing that title is if it breaks a rule or is the subject of a reasonable complaint. You doing it because you named Nikki in it is neither of those. I didn't mention it at the time because I didn't notice it. You will see that when I did notice it then I asked why it had happened.

Are we now taking the position that Mods can delete or change anything they want, just because they feel like it. If so fine, it's your board and I will happily fifo (fit in or fuck off, for those who don't know).

However let me just say this, it's a poor show and an abuse of perceived power.

Hoi. What's the big deal?

The mods can change titles/posts in the lounge. Even delete stuff.

They're not breaking any rules.

You keep saying that anything goes in the lounge.

It's really not a complicated thing.

See above. Of course the mods can do what they want. However I'm sure the members want to know when they decide that they can change people's stuff irrespective of whether it breaks a rule or not. That's what the big deal is. In my view the mods are there to moderate what is posted here, following the rules which they are quick enought to quote at us when we break them. They are not here to alter stuff just because they fancy it.

That is a World which your like would wish to occupy, where you can impose your small minded, narrow, prejudices on others. A World where you can rally behind a call of "We don't think it's fun, so we will stop others enjoying themselves". You're a pathetic little creep, I have no doubt whatsoever you are the same in real life.

Cheese
07-25-2006, 04:45 PM
If I was a mod I would edit people's thread titles and posts to make it look like they'd made spelling mistakes. In fact, I might include that in my manifesto for the upcoming mod elections.

JPaul
07-25-2006, 04:54 PM
If I was a mod I would edit people's thread titles and posts to make it look like they'd made spelling mistakes. In fact, I might include that in my manifesto for the upcoming mod elections.
Thing is, you know as well as I do that would be cool. So long as that's the game we are playing. Then everyone knows where they stand.

Guillaume
07-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Have you started already? Spelling enough "enought" is definitely unJPaulian :tinfoilhat:

manker
07-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Thing is, you know as well as I do that would be cool. So long as that's the game we are playing. Then everyone knows where they stand.
It wouldn't be cool with me :snooty:

My manifesto for the upcoming mod elections will include spelling error correction for thread titles, should Chebus (who will obviously get in) playfully ammend them or if the poster is a moron.

Part of my campaign will also be the demotion of the sacked mods to sub-members. They only get to post if I approve of the drivel they write.

NikkiD
07-25-2006, 05:41 PM

My manifesto for the upcoming mod elections will include spelling error correction for thread titles, should Chebus (who will obviously get in) playfully ammend them or if the poster is a moron.

Part of my campaign will also be the demotion of the sacked mods to sub-members. They only get to post if I approve of the drivel they write.

In which case you'll be busy. Ask Sam what he had to endure when he put me on moderation at Cheese' forum.

On a side note... is it Cheese's or Cheese'. I'm confused. Help me O Grammar Guru.

manker
07-25-2006, 06:00 PM

In which case you'll be busy. Ask Sam what he had to endure when he put me on moderation at Cheese' forum.

On a side note... is it Cheese's or Cheese'. I'm confused. Help me O Grammar Guru.
http://www.msgweb.nl/emoticons/50_50.gif

It's Cheese's.

It's okay, Nik. I quite like you and, obviously, I'd play favourites when dealing with the sacked mods. In fact, I'd probably install JP as my secretary and he may even take you off post approval.

JP probably wouldn't approve many of the posts on my behalf but the others could make different IDs, they'd lose the stars but I'd turn a blind eye to the circumvention.

I'm all for the little people.

Proper Bo
07-25-2006, 06:05 PM

My only proposal would be that you could only post numbers in word form in the "count to 10000" thread.

Proper Bo
07-25-2006, 06:07 PM

It's Cheese's.

It's okay, Nik. I quite like you and, obviously, I'd play favourites when dealing with the sacked mods. In fact, I'd probably install JP as my secretary and he may even take you off post approval.

JP probably wouldn't approve many of the posts on my behalf but the others could make different IDs, they'd lose the stars but I'd turn a blind eye to the circumvention.

Yeah, midgets make me laugh too:happy:

NikkiD
07-25-2006, 06:21 PM

It's Cheese's.

Hoi, I'm not THAT short.

@manker - I think it would be interesting if you just randomly change people's usernames to things you deem more appropriate.

manker
07-25-2006, 06:25 PM

Hoi, I'm not THAT short.

@manker - I think it would be interesting if you just randomly change people's usernames to things you deem more appropriate.
Goes without saying, NekkiD.

NikkiD
07-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Hoi, I'm not THAT short.

Goes without saying, NekkiD.

Aye. I'm not going to go for the obvious.

On that note, some of my native friends have given Jon an Indian name. He is called "White Wanker". I think it fits. He will go down in history as the white guy that brought the word wanker to the Six Nations people.

manker
07-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Aye. I'm not going to go for the obvious.Can't get much more obvious than some of the pics I've seen of you :schnauz:

I suppose now that Jon is a kept man, he's not a lot else to be getting up to.

White wanker :lol:

JPaul
07-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Aye. I'm not going to go for the obvious.
I suppose now that Jon is a kept man, he's not a lot else to be getting up to.

White wanker :lol:
I'm a kept man also.

The natives in my neck of the woods call me Right Wanker.

It be a small World apres tout.

Jon L. Obscene
07-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Yes, when they see me walking toward the Reserve they say "White Wanker Come" :01:

Ah the indians are a fine bunch, even the redneck ones :blink:

Jonno :cool:

Guillaume
07-25-2006, 07:04 PM
On that note, some of my native friends have given Jon an Indian name. He is called "White Wanker". I think it fits. He will go down in history as the white guy that brought the word wanker to the Six Nations people.
He plays rugby now? :unsure:

manker
07-25-2006, 07:07 PM
I thought that too, but I don't know what it means - apart from in a rugby sense.

So I kept quiet :unsure:

Jon L. Obscene
07-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Six Nations Indian Reserve :) as in - Native red Indians

JPaul
07-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Six Nations Indian Reserve :) as in - Native red Indians

Ah, it's a nice hockey team.

@Chewie, did you see what I did there - An ice hockey team, A nice hockey team

Guillaume
07-25-2006, 08:09 PM
I thought that too, but I don't know what it means - apart from in a rugby sense.

So I kept quiet :unsure:
Counter-rod? :unsure: