PDA

View Full Version : X-2 Bin File Help

Smokey19
05-04-2003, 07:15 AM
hey whats up all,

i just recently downloaded the files to X-2 but they are in a .bin file. when i downloaded it, it came with two folders CD1 and CD2... is there a way where i can change those .bin files into avi or mpg so i can share them on KAZAA LITE?

JUST BLAZE!!

human_pet
05-04-2003, 07:45 AM
TO convert the BIN file,you gotta download VCDgear from www.vcdgear.com,and then ,after you convert it,you may either burn it to a cd or watch it directly from your pc...

Smokey19
05-04-2003, 08:44 AM
ok, i downloaded vcdgear but when i try to convert, it says....ERROR IN CUE FILE..MISSING FILE INFORMATION

Smokey19
05-04-2003, 08:55 AM
i am burning the file into a cd image, i hope that will work

SAS
05-04-2003, 09:02 AM
Hi
A bin file is a CD Image file like an iso file; you can burn in to a cd or open in with a virtual cd player like Daemon tools...
I have not use them for a Video file but I use them all the time for software saves burning a disk...
You can still share a bin file just keep it a shared folder.
I have been trying to get X men 2 from Bit Torrent but its taking way to long 70 hrs at the start an 5kbs a second not good.…

Hope that helps…
SAS :ph34r:

Smokey19
05-04-2003, 09:14 AM
i burned the file onto a cd but when i try to open the directory where the cd is, it says that its corrupted or itsa file that window does not recognize.... when i try to convert it off of vcd gear i get tha same message or ill get this one......UNABLE TO LOCATE AVSEQ/MUSIC MPEG TRACKS

SAS
05-04-2003, 09:26 AM
You some times well most of the time gets a corrupt bin/image file when you download it….
Try CDmage http://cdmage.cjb.net/ or get it from KaZaA lite, it will sort out most errors…

skyfox
05-04-2003, 11:53 AM
Could you tell me how to use CDmage as I try to open the .bin file and it on't work. How do I do it? I've tried opening the bin as a 'raw image file' or something, and I get a new popup box, but hen Iclick ok, it tries to save a new .cue and then fails

What am I doing wrong? I get the exact some problems as the other guy ith VCDGear and stuf. Argh...

iBLoStboY
05-04-2003, 11:57 AM
Use DAEMON TOOLS to mount the image then go into the The mounted image (it will be a mounted CD drive in your " My computer folder") and then open the .dat file( when you right click the .dat file it should give you the option to play) - after choosing play it should open with Windows Media player... NO need to burn the file to a CD or use VCDgear - thats just waste of space and time.

shiban
05-04-2003, 04:52 PM
You might also try to use Isobuster.

Open the image file with Isobuster, and extract the .dat file.

The file should be about 500 to 600 mb.

Once you extract it, simply rename it to .mpg and you're all set.

SAS
05-05-2003, 09:22 AM
Smokey19 could you post if you get um working and the method you used.. :D
I am in getting um now of KaZaA Bit Torrent was way to slow. :(
Not that KaZaA is much better but you can get um both at the same time... :blink:

Regards

Acecool
05-05-2003, 09:37 AM
GUYS

Xmen 2, ok the CUE file, open in NOTEPAD next up look for "G:\**********************"
its on the first line, take off the G:\

SAS
05-05-2003, 10:09 AM
You don’t need the cue file...
I have had a lot of trouble with them... :angry:

I user Daemon Tools Vircal cd driver with all cd images you can burn from that,
Just mount the image and use your burning software “Nero I hope” to burn from the mounded cd image... :lol:
I have not used it for a movie file but it works on software and games... :rolleyes:

I have the cd 1 at last; Power DVD is the best player for it and most screeners,
Don’t forget to use hardware acceleration…Much better… :D :blink: :D

Regards