PDA

View Full Version : poll for the british only, and maybe some other europeans

GepperRankins
07-28-2006, 06:23 AM

Rat Faced
07-28-2006, 08:07 AM
When we're paying US$7 per US Gallon at the moment?

"I fart in their general direction"

manker
07-28-2006, 08:35 AM
I could give a shit how much petrol costs in a merka.

Guillaume
07-28-2006, 08:46 AM
Another "for brits only" thing?
I hate you guys. :emo:

Mr. Mulder
07-28-2006, 08:52 AM
we could do one about cheese prices? or bicycles? :unsure:

Busyman™
07-28-2006, 09:39 AM

Apparently all your stuff costs more than us...and you make more....and the dollar has a lower value than your currency.

It kinda works out.

Cheese
07-28-2006, 10:56 AM
I've stopped buying petrol now. I don't have a car and I don't know how to drive, and also plus you can only fit so many barrels of petrol in your flat before it becomes a fire hazard.

Proper Bo
07-28-2006, 11:10 AM

Apparently all your stuff costs more than us...and you make more....and the dollar has a lower value than your currency.

It kinda works out.

I'm moving to amerka and buying a mansion with my dole monies:smilie4:

Busyman
07-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Shit if I were to move to South or North Carolina, my dollar would be worth even more.

I could get an acre of land for $15,000. Where I am now, $100,000 for half an acre.:dabs:

A number of folks that retire from the phone company up here move down south.

I'm just hoping my oil stocks keep climbing.:naughty: ...and I'll just stay right fucking here.

Oh and these fucking gas prices are wayyyy to high, btw. :smilie4:

Busyman
07-28-2006, 12:31 PM
I could give a shit how much petrol costs in a merka.

I could try to run a marathon backwards or rob a bank with a banana.

manker
07-28-2006, 12:34 PM
That's the thing see look, Busy.

Washington DC to us is like what either of the Carolinas are to you. I could easily buy a detached property in the suburbs of DC using only the collateral in my PPR.

Of course, my only motivation would be to use it as an investment to rent out, because I'd never wanna fucking live there, lol

Proper Bo
07-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Shit if I were to move to South or North Carolina, my dollar would be worth even more.

I could get an acre of land for $15,000. Where I am now, $100,000 for half an acre.:dabs:

A number of folks that retire from the phone company up here move down south.

I'm just hoping my oil stocks keep climbing.:naughty: ...and I'll just stay right fucking here.

Oh and these fucking gas prices are wayyyy to high, btw. :smilie4:

I haven't a clue how much an acre of land would cost here, I imagine more than £54,277 though considering there isn't much open space around.

Busyman
07-28-2006, 12:45 PM

Washington DC to us is like what either of the Carolinas are to you. I could easily buy a detached property in the suburbs of DC using only the collateral in my PPR.

Of course, my only motivation would be to use it as an investment to rent out, because I'd never wanna fucking live there, lol

Ok, lol. I wouldn't live there either, lol. It's too congested and you don't get a lot for what it costs, lol.
My only motivation is to live like a king wherever I am. I am not very familiar with Carolina on a whole to wanna fucking live there either.

I am curious about the cost of homes, petrol, etc. in relation the wages over there.

Also do most of you brats live in either detached homes, townhouses or apartments?

Almost all the folks over 22 that work here for the phone company live in detached homes (and a few in townhouses).

Proper Bo
07-28-2006, 12:49 PM
UK Petrol Prices for
Thursday 27th Jul 2006
Avg.
Unleaded: 98.6p ($1.82)
(per litre)

Barbarossa
07-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Also do most of you brats live in either detached homes, townhouses or apartments?

http://www.dclg.gov.uk/pub/591/HousingStatistics2005PDF1342Kb_id1162591.pdf

Everything you need to know about the UK housing situation :smilie4:

(You want table 1.5 on page 10)

Busyman
07-28-2006, 01:09 PM
So you guys pay a little over a pound a liter and we pay over $3 a gallon.

Isn't there about 4 liters in a gallon?:unsure:

Busyman
07-28-2006, 01:11 PM

http://www.dclg.gov.uk/pub/591/HousingStatistics2005PDF1342Kb_id1162591.pdf

Everything you need to know about the UK housing situation :smilie4:

(You want table 1.5 on page 10)

What about the brats on this forum?:unsure: Good info, btw. Very complete.

Barbarossa
07-28-2006, 01:17 PM
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/8030/1ui4.jpg

This was from a while ago :smilie4:

Busy, we're paying about twice as much as you, but most of it is tax.

Sauce : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/05/business_petrol_pricing/html/1.stm

Busyman
07-28-2006, 01:27 PM
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/8030/1ui4.jpg

This was from a while ago :smilie4:

Busy, we're paying about twice as much as you, but most of it is tax.

Sauce : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/05/business_petrol_pricing/html/1.stm

That sucks....but you make more than us, right?

I mean if I move up to Baltimore, the cost of living is less and I even would make less money in the phone company.

I'll tell you another thing that sucks for me personally....My car has V8 and it takes premium (91 or above) gasoline. Thank goodness I ride the subway to work (at half price).

Barbarossa
07-28-2006, 01:48 PM

I wouldn't have thought so for a minute :no:

Wages are generally higher in London than in the rest of the country, but the cost of living is much higher, and the cost of housing in London is astronomical.

Interestingly, the petrol costs are fairly uniform, with only about a 10p variance around the country I think.

Thank goodness I ride the subway to work (at half price).

:no2:

Dark Steno
07-28-2006, 02:03 PM
:dabs:

Busyman
07-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Thank goodness I ride the subway to work (at half price).

Hey I don't like paying full price, shit. :angry:

I get $750 worth of farecards for $375. You'd do the same.:snooty:

People around here piss and moan about the smallest shit though. They'll drive 5 miles out of the way to save 10 cents a gallon on gas or they'll be this big rush to mail regular mail out if postage is going up 2 cents the next day. Calm down and pay the extra 2 cents to send that to grandma, jeez.

It's reedickuluss.

Barbarossa
07-28-2006, 02:19 PM

I just assumed you'd been buying child's tickets again. :)

Virtualbody1234
07-28-2006, 02:26 PM
I'll tell you another thing that sucks for me personally....My car has V8 and it takes premium (91 or above) gasoline.Awwww! Poor you. :cry:

manker
07-28-2006, 02:57 PM

Ok, lol. I wouldn't live there either, lol. It's too congested and you don't get a lot for what it costs, lol.
My only motivation is to live like a king wherever I am. I am not very familiar with Carolina on a whole to wanna fucking live there either.

I am curious about the cost of homes, petrol, etc. in relation the wages over there.

Almost all the folks over 22 that work here for the phone company live in detached homes (and a few in townhouses).lol, how many kings have a half finished wanking pit.

I just worked out that I could sell my PPR, buy a five bedroomed detached house in DC, use the proceeds to live there for six years with no other income and support my family - and have enough money left over to get a fucking Humvee.

lol!

MagicNakor
07-28-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm paying $4.75/gallon for the cheap stuff here. And it actually went down to that.

:shuriken:

Proper Bo
07-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Can any merkins tell me how car insurance works over there? I've always wondered how these young people we see on tv can afford to insure 5.0 litre cars and shit.

manker
07-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah, and maybe someone from the east-end of London can tell me how come no-one there has a washing machine.

Proper Bo
07-28-2006, 05:16 PM
or how they never talk about football and always go to the pub to aruge.

Rat Faced
07-28-2006, 05:51 PM

The minimum is higher here, but the average wage is about the same I think.

Of course, the average takes in all the multi-trillionaires etc too :unsure:

Busyman™
07-28-2006, 10:23 PM

I just assumed you'd been buying child's tickets again. :)

On a subway?:unsure:

If I could though.........

Busyman™
07-28-2006, 10:23 PM
I'll tell you another thing that sucks for me personally....My car has V8 and it takes premium (91 or above) gasoline.Awwww! Poor you. :cry:

Yup, I wasn't thinking clearly when I bought it.:ermm:

Busyman™
07-28-2006, 10:30 PM

Almost all the folks over 22 that work here for the phone company live in detached homes (and a few in townhouses).lol, how many kings have a half finished wanking pit.

I just worked out that I could sell my PPR, buy a five bedroomed detached house in DC, use the proceeds to live there for six years with no other income and support my family - and have enough money left over to get a fucking Humvee.

lol!
That's pretty good....uh...what's a PPR? :idunno:

Hell many of the $600,000 homes around here have unfinished basements. Owners usually finish them themselves or get someone else to do it cheaper.
If the builder does it, they charge an arm and a leg.

Either way, people still use the unfinished basement until they are ready to finish it. I have older furniture down there that I'll probably throw out after I complete the work. lol!!1!

Seedler
07-30-2006, 05:49 PM
:!!!!!!!!!

Gas was $1.43/L this morning in Burlington.

MagicNakor
07-30-2006, 06:18 PM
That would be $5.41/gallon, for the Yanks.

Smith
07-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Its around 1.04$/L here in Canadia. I read somewere that BP makes 55,000$(US)profit every minute..which worked out to about 7.2 billion dollars of profit in 2 months.

MagicNakor
07-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Please note the two flags above you.

Proper Bo
07-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Please note the two fags above you.

fixed

Busyman™
07-30-2006, 10:41 PM
That would be $5.41/gallon, for the Yanks.

That's about $2 more than around here.

Biggles
08-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Busyman

There are 4.5 litres to a UK gallon (which is bigger than a US gallon) so your 4 might be close.

Minimum wage in the UK is about £5.20 or about $9.40. I belive it is about to go up to £5.60 so that will take it to about the $10.00 mark. However, minimum wage is pants - as I am sure it is in the US.

I think those with a good wage in the US have a better standard of living than we do but we have far fewer who have to work two jobs to pay the bills. The US generally has a bigger gap between rich and poor.

Proper Bo
08-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Minimum wage in the UK is about £5.20 or about $9.40. I belive it is about to go up to £5.60 so that will take it to about the $10.00 mark. However, minimum wage is pants - as I am sure it is in the US.

it's £4 odd, not £5+

Proper Bo
08-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Workers aged between 18 and 21 years can expect to be paid no less than £4.25 per hour.
Workers who are aged 22 years or older, can expect to be paid no less than £5.05 per hour.

ghey:no:

GepperRankins
08-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Busyman

There are 4.5 litres to a UK gallon (which is bigger than a US gallon) so your 4 might be close.

I think those with a good wage in the US have a better standard of living than we do but we have far fewer who have to work two jobs to pay the bills. The US generally has a bigger gap between rich and poor.
there's also a perfect negative corrolation between age and cost like.

21 and over minimum wage = £5.20 / insurance for some car = fair ammount

under 21 minimum wage = £3.90-£4.20 / insurance = £75 billion

my monetery counting skills are out of date or something

Biggles
08-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Busyman

Tell me about it. No 1 son is 18 and has just got his provisional I have put him on my insurance and I nearly fell over when they told it was £200 for six months remaining on this year's cover. Did they quote me happy? Did they buggery.

Bo - You are right it is £5.05 and is going up to £5.35 in Oct.

manker
08-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Two hundred quid for half a year is as cheap as feckery for someone under 18 who hasn't passed their test :huh:

Proper Bo
08-02-2006, 06:01 PM

Tell me about it. No 1 son is 18 and has just got his provisional I have put him on my insurance and I nearly fell over when they told it was £200 for six months remaining on this year's cover. Did they quote me happy? Did they buggery.

Try £2000 for an 8 year old mondeo:pinch:

GepperRankins
08-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Two hundred quid for half a year is as cheap as feckery for someone under 18 who hasn't passed their test :huh:
that's rediculously cheap really. is it made out a marshmallow and kept in the pentagon at night?

Biggles
08-02-2006, 06:06 PM

Ok the girl did tell me I should be happy :ermm:

I am an old git with comprehensive insurance and a zillion years no claims so I suppose I get a good deal. I think 18 years olds with provisionals are cheaper than those with a full licence because they are supervised and do not clock up huge numbers of miles.

£2000 for a 8 year old Mondeo. :ph34r: I would sooner walk.

manker
08-02-2006, 06:06 PM
that's rediculously cheap really. is it made out a marshmallow and kept in the pentagon at night?:glag:

===

It is a lot cheaper if you get put on your Mam or Dad's insurance. If he got his own insurance out on Big Les' Austin Maxi, it might well cost double that.

manker
08-02-2006, 06:08 PM

I am an old git with comprehensive insurance and a zillion years no claims so I suppose I get a good deal. I think 18 years olds with provisionals are cheaper than those with a full licence because they are supervised and do not clock up huge numbers of miles.I would sooner walk.

I didn't realise that it was cheaper if you hadn't passed yet, thought it might be even more expensive.

I suppose it does make sense tho'.

Biggles
08-02-2006, 06:10 PM
that's rediculously cheap really. is it made out a marshmallow and kept in the pentagon at night?:glag:

===

It is a lot cheaper if you get put on your Mam or Dad's insurance. If he got his own insurance out on Big Les' Austin Maxi, it might well cost double that.

:ermm:

Actually being a tight git I drive a modern Austin Maxi - a Nissan Almera

Ok I know it is not cool but it is comfy, does an average of 42 mpg and is insanely reliable.

Biggles
08-02-2006, 06:13 PM

I am an old git with comprehensive insurance and a zillion years no claims so I suppose I get a good deal. I think 18 years olds with provisionals are cheaper than those with a full licence because they are supervised and do not clock up huge numbers of miles.I would sooner walk.

I didn't realise that it was cheaper if you hadn't passed yet, thought it might be even more expensive.

I would be surprised if he gets a full year comprehensive insurance for £400 once he has passed even if he is on my insurance. When I moaned about the cost No 1 son said :naughty: "might be money well spent". :ermm:

manker
08-02-2006, 06:15 PM

I would be surprised if he gets a full year comprehensive insurance for £400 once he has passed even if he is on my insurance. When I moaned about the cost No 1 son said :naughty: "might be money well spent". :ermm::lol: :lol:

Hope the Almera came with leather seats - normal upholstery can be a nightmare with those stubborn stains :pinch:

manker
08-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Oh, feck.

I completely misunderstood the 'money well spent' thing, didn't I.

It was the :naughty: smiley that did it.