PDA

View Full Version : dvd recovery

werdims
07-30-2006, 06:52 PM
i have a dvd witch i want to rip to xvid but none of the dvd software(dvd decrypter, nero 7, clone dvd, any dvd and DVDFab Decrypter v2.9.6.6 i tried was able to rip it completely, they stop at the same point.
Nero scandisk reports bad media at about read 50%.(i think there are some circuler scrathes on the media)
Even though it sounds imposiblly i now that there can always be a workaround. Can any of you guys recomend a software that will enable me to make a full copy of the dvd to the hardisk.
I will donate a bottle of home made water to whom ever fixes my problem.
Thanks

P.S. The movie is actually only used about 5-6 times. Bought it in 2002.

Rip The Jacker
07-30-2006, 07:01 PM
If it really is scratched, and all those different apps didn't work, your gonna need those things that remove scratches from CDs. Like this:

http://www.digitalinnovations.com/products.php?cat=1

Virtualbody1234
07-30-2006, 07:03 PM
There are disc polisher/buffer tools to remove scratches that might enable you to read those areas of the disc.

Argh!

Rip The Jacker
07-30-2006, 07:06 PM
I win VB. :P

Yeah I've never used those tools before, but I hear they work wonders, just don't get the one I posted... $40 and it needs 6 batteries. =/

I'm sure there are cheaper ones...

werdims
07-30-2006, 07:48 PM
i'll give it a try
And a freshlly homemade water to Rip. I'm not shure it's drinkable thow. Maybe you should try it on you sister or brother just in case. :)

Virtualbody1234
07-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Is the water old or something?

All water is old.

werdims
07-30-2006, 10:26 PM
not old, it is made from the juices of south american chili pepper. It will make hair grow on your chest and inside your stomach. Its good for you :)

FreeDoom
07-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Nero scandisk reports bad media at about read 50%.(i think there are some circuler scrathes on the media)

I think it'll be difficult...
If the scratches were radial, you would have a greater probability of recovering the data.
Still it depends, if the scratches are too deep.

Virtualbody1234
07-31-2006, 01:59 AM
not old, it is made from the juices of south american chili pepper. It will make hair grow on your chest and inside your stomach. Its good for you :)

Is the water old or something?

[hidden text]All water is old.[/hidden text] (Highlight to see text above)

I guess you missed that I posted that all water is old.