PDA

View Full Version : Stolen ScT Account. Please help!!!

Gish
07-31-2006, 10:09 PM
edit: done!

Gish
07-31-2006, 10:13 PM
I forgot to add!! I can offer invites to anyone that would help me. I don't have much but it's an offer!

Thanks agian!!

blekitna
07-31-2006, 11:37 PM
what is (was) Your nickname on ScT?

You are liar !!!

Nobody could change Your email on ScT !!!
(because when You try to change email address on ScT - confirmation email first is mailed to our OLD email address and next when You click confirmation link - second confirmation email is mailed to our NEW email address)

(yeah I know that's my english isn't perfect :D)

Besides
"His E-mail is [email protected] was not found in the database. "

Gish
07-31-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm not a liar. are you telling me if you want to switch you e-mail on ScT you cant? you can change your pass iF you want to! when I try to reset my pass it says email not found. why would I make this big stink if I was liyng? Im telling you the truth weather you beleve me or not!
I will PM you my user name

blekitna
07-31-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm not a liar. are you telling me if you want to switch you e-mail on ScT you cant?

Nobody could change Your email on ScT !!!
(because when You try to change email address on ScT - confirmation email first is mailed to our OLD email address and next when You click confirmation link - second confirmation email is mailed to our NEW email address)

So even if this person change password You can go to http://www.scenetorrents.org/recover.php and new password is sent to You

But to change email address on ScT this person had to have access to Your OLD email address inbox !!! - it's impossible I think :)

Gish
08-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Well I'm not lying, but thats a good point. I better change my email password.

randalotto
08-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Well, if Gish uses the same password for everything, it makes perfect sense that the guy would have access to his email as well. I can't help though, bc no SCT... just a comment...

blekitna
08-01-2006, 12:12 AM
I will PM you my user name
I have checked it and:

This user name is incorrect
This username isn't in use on SceneTorrents !!!

So it's impossible that You got invited to ScT about two and a half weeks ago :D

edit:
So this man have sent me second PM with other username "there are two names I use on on private sites. "

and this second username really exist on ScT

deuce6000
08-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Hey blek why would he make this all up it doesnt really makes sense to me.Is he trying to play the sympothy card so he can get another invite because other then that i dont see anyone making up such a story.

Gish
08-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Edit: done!

ajg
08-01-2006, 03:27 AM
blekitna, sct did have that password change system previously. Now, the email change confirmation ONLY gets sent to the new address.

becareful accusing people of things, especially if you are not sure yourself.

blekitna
08-01-2006, 07:16 AM
Now, the email change confirmation ONLY gets sent to the new address.

IT'S FALSE !!!!

Please check it personally if You don't believe me

When You try change Your email on ScT -> CONFIRMATION EMAIL FIRST IS MAILED TO OUR OLD EMAIL ADDRESS !!!!

dabomb506
08-01-2006, 07:16 AM
blekitna, sct did have that password change system previously. Now, the email change confirmation ONLY gets sent to the new address.

becareful accusing people of things, especially if you are not sure yourself.wrong.... i just tried it. it goes to the old email so they can confirm the email request change can go to the new email address. once that is confirmed then another email goes to the new address where that has to be confirmed. :P

NiKRuLeZ
08-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Yeah to make it more secure for hackers to take over the account. If gish had the same password on his old email account then maybe it did get hacked, but if the username is non exsistant on ScT then hmmmmm.

ipage17
08-01-2006, 10:58 AM
the same person tryed to steal my oink account with that same password( I know it's stupid to have the same password at other sites)

Just out of curiosity, what is your password, and why did you not change it on all the sites when you saw an "email change confirmation" (that's the only way i could think of for you to know his mail) in your email address, even thought you did not request it?

And another one... why did he not get your oink account? he obviously knew the password to your email (got your sct account) and he could have confirmed the email change...

It is your own fault, for having an easy password, and for not taking care of it when you should have. I doubt you will get your ScT account back.

Or all of this is just because you got scammed by someone...

Gish
08-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Well you right! I should have not have had the same password for all the sites and my email. but when I found out about my account being stolen I changed all my passwords so that none of them are the same. he did get my oink the same time he got my ScT but I used the irc chat to talk to a mod and prove that it was really my account.
I know the whole thing with the password was stupid but I think I desurve another chance.

as far as the Email reset thing I don't know. I never had to do that on ScT!!

thanks!

blekitna
08-01-2006, 12:15 PM
@gish If You want send me PM with description Your situation and prove that it was really Your account and that Your account was stolen and that U would like to recover this account (give email address on which U want to recover this account) and I will send this PM to one MOD on SceneTorrents

Of course If U want :D

Zafer
08-01-2006, 01:38 PM
@ gish

I wanna ask you Just one question.
Did you download anything from ScT?

shazzar
08-01-2006, 08:30 PM
If you still got any initial sct emails when you opened the account to show as proof, maybe they can revert it back to the orginal email, i cant see why they could not. But this could lead to scammers trading there sct account only to then later asking for it back.

Gish
08-01-2006, 09:18 PM
I still have the two conformation emails. both the invite and the conformation with my email address on them. I only downloaded one thing. I know it was a movie. PM me for the name of the movie.

thank