PDA

View Full Version : I hate banks!!!

Skweeky
08-01-2006, 02:22 PM
I went to check my account online today to see if there was £7 left in it to reserve a bus ticket.
To my amazement my balance was shown as £116 overdrawn, also the internet transactions I'd made last week all of a sudden showed their transaction was yesterday, despite them showing up on the screen last friday with that date.

I noticed a £110 withdrawal I didn't recognise from yesterday, so I phoned up my boyfriend to ask if he took any money out.
He replied he took it out last FRIDAY to pay some bills.

So I phoned up my bank to ask how I could all of a sudden have an overdraft today if yesterday I was £7 in credit.

They answered it was due to my internet transactions. I told them that was impossible as I checked my account last week and the transactions already showed in the statement.
She said that couldn't be right as they'd only gone through today.

So I finally came to the conclusion that the cash withdrawal made on Friday, never registered on the system until today, which led me to believe there was more money in my account than there actually was:angry:

And there's nothing I can do about it because the bastards have changed all the transactions dates from the last week on my statement!!:angry:

Rat Faced
08-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Then get yourself a decent Bank that uses the Real Time system, rather than the Batch System most do...

Abbey and RBS come to mind.

TSB used to, dunno whether LoyddsTSB do

Barbarossa
08-01-2006, 03:32 PM
LloydsTSB internet banking is the pwnage. fact.

Skweeky
08-01-2006, 04:32 PM
BASTARDS!!!!

That's it, I'm closing my friggin account with them!

They've actually changed the dates on my online statement so now it looks like I've used my Switch card after taking out all the money, which I didn't!!!

OMG I am SO angry.

Tehy're not owning up to the fact their system fucked up so I'm expected to pay charges!
What's the fucking use of having a bank account with internet banking and phone banking if it can't give you the correct balance on your account??

GRRRRRRR

100%
08-01-2006, 06:01 PM
we give banks money so they can lend (+%) it other people
then make us wait in line and beg for our money back
sounds pretty retarded to me

Skweeky
08-01-2006, 06:13 PM
They fiddled with the information on my online statement.
All the transactions dates have been changed

Is this legal???

thewizeard
08-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Can't you use a Belgian or Dutch internet account? I use ABNAMRO and am entirely satisfied with it...money that I transfer today...arrives today on the recipient's account... ( for example)

Mr JP Fugley
08-01-2006, 07:37 PM
I use RBS, switch transactions show up on-line instantly. Or at least shortly thereafter.

Skweeky
08-01-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm still in an ongoing dispute with RBS about an identity fraud case 2.5 years ago.

I hate the places

I don't WANT a bank account

Barbarossa
08-01-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm still in an ongoing dispute with RBS about an identity fraud case 2.5 years ago.

Naughty naughty! :no2:

Skweeky
08-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Not my bloody fault :snooty:

Barbarossa
08-01-2006, 08:00 PM
:whoosh: @ you :P

Mr JP Fugley
08-01-2006, 08:03 PM
It's why she had to leave Govan in a hurry.

I am working (freelance) for the RBS and am pleased that we are so close to tracking her down.

Just a bit more info, cunningly gathered by me, and we pounce.

Skweeky
08-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Now I come to think of it, it wasn't RBS, it was Halifax

Spider_dude
08-01-2006, 09:21 PM
you know you can claim back bank charges right?

Mr JP Fugley
08-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Now I come to think of it, it wasn't RBS, it was Halifax

HBOS now, easy mistake to make.

I'm still selling your details to them btw.

Skweeky
08-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I doubt if they'll give me back anything though.
Bastards, the lot of them

Skweeky
08-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Can't