PDA

View Full Version : Just got my G1

Seedler
08-03-2006, 08:19 PM
The test was ridiculously easy, but now I'm off to 8 months in driving school...:pinch:

tesco
08-03-2006, 08:21 PM
8 months?
Mine was 7 weeks, 4 hours each time.:unsure:

Congrats though, I told you it was easy. :)

Mr. Mulder
08-03-2006, 08:25 PM
congrats, chances are you'll enjoy being behind the wheel instead of under it :pinch:

Mr JP Fugley
08-03-2006, 08:31 PM
The test was ridiculously easy, but now I'm off to 8 months in driving school...:pinch:

Will that effect your Doctorate in Medicine or Business?

Smith
08-03-2006, 10:21 PM
I got my G1 back in march..cant get my licence till november.

Spider_dude
08-03-2006, 10:28 PM
did your car penis just grow?

Mr JP Fugley
08-03-2006, 10:37 PM

:glag: :earl:

Seedler
08-04-2006, 04:12 AM

Indeed.

It's at the "almost normal" size now, considering there are 2 more levels to go...:pinch:

Oh to Rossco, what I meant was I have to take driving school, but have to wait 8 months for my G2. Guess I wasn't expressing myself too clearly 'cause I was too overjoyed:P.

Anyways, to anyone taking their G1 in the future: Don't worry about it.

There are 40 questions on the test, randomly selected out of approx. 200 questions. You must answer 32/40 (80%) to pass.

Around 25 questions are common sense, 10 are straight-out-of-handbook facts, and 5 requires a bit of reasoning. So just spend an hour reading the handbook, and memorize a whole bunch of numbers.

Seriously, I was like OMFG when this came up on my test today: (not exactly wording but you get the idea)

"When you want to make a right turn, you must stay on this side of the road"

A. Left side
B. Right side
C. Close to the traffic island
D. It does not matter as long as you signal properly

Liek, seriously, unless you've never ridden in a car before, kill yourself if you can't get this question right:emo:

tesco
08-04-2006, 04:13 AM
When I did it you were only allowed 4 wrong (36/40)...

Seedler
08-05-2006, 12:46 AM
When I did it you were only allowed 4 wrong (36/40)...

:OThat's a alot tougher, you'd have to read the handbook for an addition hour:fear:

Smith
08-05-2006, 03:02 AM
The test is two parts, your allowed 4 wrong on each part.

cpt_azad
08-05-2006, 04:27 AM
G1? 8 months? damn you guys lol, what province do you live in? BC is a bitch to get your actual license, you gotta take the test equivalent to your "G1" which is referred to as "L" here (learners, which is ridiculously easy and also requires 80% to pass, out of 50 questions) but you gotta wait 1 whole year before taking your roadtest to get your "N" license (G2 for you guys I guess).

Difference between and N (Novice) and L (Learners) is that with L you always need someone with 5 years driving exp. with you while driving, and when you get your N (Considering you passed your roadtest) you get to drive by yourself and can only carry one passenger.

Then 2 years after getting N (I think it's 2 years, might be a bit less) you go for Class 5 license (g3?) which is basically all restrictions removed and is in essence another roadtest but much tougher.

Oh and if you go to driving school like Seedler, 3 months gets knocked off your L so you can take your N test (g2) 9 months after getting your L (g1)

Too many rules man, just let us drive lol.

tesco
08-05-2006, 04:34 AM
That's almost same except for us driver's ed knocks off 4 months and only 1 gear after g2 we can go for G (Not g3 :P).

thewizeard
08-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Well I think Seedler did very well... considering everything..

Seedler
08-06-2006, 03:41 AM
Well I think Seedler did very well... considering everything..

:pinch:

I read everything before the ... and I was like :wub:thewizeard...Then there was the unpleasant part after.:pinch:

I only suffered minor brain damage from going under the wheels you know.:mellow:

Smith
08-06-2006, 03:49 AM
That's almost same except for us driver's ed knocks off 4 months and only 1 gear after g2 we can go for G (Not g3 :P).

who did you do your lessons with? I did all seasons..400$ less than young drivers and its the exact same. + I heard the YD people are assholes and yell at you and shit.

tesco
08-06-2006, 04:09 AM

who did you do your lessons with? I did all seasons..400$ less than young drivers and its the exact same. + I heard the YD people are assholes and yell at you and shit.It was called "Advanced Motoring Beureau" (pakis) through the school. Cost like $450.

cpt_azad
08-06-2006, 04:17 AM

who did you do your lessons with? I did all seasons..400$ less than young drivers and its the exact same. + I heard the YD people are assholes and yell at you and shit.

Ya I've heard some stories about Young Drivers as well, and the fact it costs like 950+taxes in BC is ridiculous.