PDA

View Full Version : Cease Fire !

thewizeard
08-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Tottering on the brink of an Islam versus the West, world war, finally I hear the USA calling for a cease-fire by (at least) Monday. If Israel does cease-fire Monday, it will prove that the USA is controlling Israel in my opinion ...

This morning the Israeli army is rushing in tanks and other armour in what seems to be the actual invasion force. The question is, how far will they go?

There is a chance that there will be attacks on Europe too, as Hezbollah runs its proxy war for Iran and Syria (and Israel for the USA) ; a long range missile launched from southern Lebanon, could easily reach London.

Is then a cease-fire the answer, or will we only be confronted later with this terror if they appease?

I think we are in for a worrying time, as this far from my bed show, could turn live for us all, very soon now.

I suppose at this stage we should be praying for help from God.

cpt_azad
08-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Good to hear about Cease-fire. I hope that Israel will start pulling out of Lebanon soon, but the damage is already done.

lynx
08-04-2006, 12:16 PM
There is a chance that there will be attacks on Europe too, as Hezbollah runs its proxy war for Iran and Syria (and Israel for the USA) ; a long range missile launched from southern Lebanon, could easily reach London. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's absolute crap.

The rockets held by Hezbollah have a maximum range of about 50 miles. They may have one or two missiles capable of reaching Tel Aviv, but that's still only about 100 miles.

Don't hold your breath hoping for a cease-fire, the American administration hasn't made enough money out of this yet. There's a lot of profit to be made out of arms sales and increased oil prices.

thewizeard
08-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Well I suppose if the Hezbollah were prepared for a war then Syria and Iran have had time to do so too. I hope you are right regarding the missiles lynx. Oil is indeed a poweful weapon, for... the Muslim lands. In fact they have the West over a barrel...

Rat Faced
08-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Don't hold your breath hoping for a cease-fire, the American administration hasn't made enough money out of this yet. There's a lot of profit to be made out of arms sales and increased oil prices.

Don't be daft, the American Administration give Israel the money to buy the weapons from their Arms dealers in the first place. The Administration (US Taxpayer) loses in all this.. the profits go to the Shareholders in the Arms Industry, not the US Government.

Oh, wait a minute...

Anyway, this is all about Hezbollah...

Israeli raids have destroyed three bridges in the Christian heartland north of Beirut this morning

... who have obviously spent a lot of time since the Civil War in the Christian safe havens where Muslims are, of course, welcomed with open arms.

j2k4
08-05-2006, 02:35 PM
??

MediaSlayer
08-06-2006, 12:35 PM
There is a chance that there will be attacks on Europe too, as Hezbollah runs its proxy war for Iran and Syria (and Israel for the USA) ; a long range missile launched from southern Lebanon, could easily reach London.

I will be less blunt and say that's unlikely. Look how advanced those countries are in eastern asia, like Japan, both the Koreas, and Taiwan with regards to technology. Even so, the only one of those who have missiles that could really pose a threat to distant cities (trans-continental) is North Korea. Their missiles are getting better, but still I think they couldn't hit D.C. at the moment.

If they attacked you, they would attack from within. I have posted in another thread, that there was report that some enemy groups have managed to smuggle small portable "tactical nukes" into this country through the Mexican border. These tactical nukes could take out a large Metro City here in the U.S., like Chicago, but would not level an entire geographic region in the same way a full size nuke would. The main purpose behind a tactical nuke would be similar to the Sept. 11th attacks, which would be to inspire widespread panic and fear.

They want you to be afraid, to react like that, because the wars being fought in these end times are not traditional wars, they are propaganda wars. Wars to make you believe a certain way, to the benefit of others. This is how, Hezbollah can attack (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060806/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_fighting_rockets)
during a supposed cease fire, and still have people thinking "wow, I can't believe how unreasonable Israel is acting". They are fighting a better propaganda war, aided by certain powerful individuals who control the media and want to sway world affairs.

lynx
08-06-2006, 03:50 PM
This is how, Hezbollah can attack (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060806/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_fighting_rockets) during a supposed cease fire, and still have people thinking "wow, I can't believe how unreasonable Israel is acting". They are fighting a better propaganda war, aided by certain powerful individuals who control the media and want to sway world affairs.
It's hard to believe how naive you appear. There isn't a cease fire, Israel has publicly announced it isn't going to stop because it "hasn't finished its business".

As for your inference that the media are supporting Hezbollah, most Western sources blame Hezbollah for starting this conflict - that Hezbollah was at fault for capturing two members of an illegal Israeli snatch squad (except they always omit the bit about it being a snatch squad), or that Hezbollah was at fault for firing rockets into Israel in response to Israeli bombing raids (except they always omit the bit about the bombing raids).

In any case, I can't see any reason why Hezbollah would have any truck with such a one-sided resolution. If accepted it gives Israel the green light to continue its action as long as they define them as defensive measures, while Hezbollah has to bear everything that comes their way. And once Hezbollah is disarmed, who's going to take action against Israel when they break the resolution (and they will, because they always do). The French are supposedly going to be leading any international force in the area, will we see them undertaking bombing raids on Israel? I don't think so.

It's only purpose is to attempt to put Hezbollah in a bad light when they reject it out-of-hand, and give Israel the green light to continue its attempts at ethnic cleansing. America will have blood on its hands once again, yet doesn't seem to have the wit to see that this can only lead to more international terrorist action. The only hope is that one of the other permanent members of the security council exercises their veto, but it doesn't seem likely.

Busyman™
08-06-2006, 05:21 PM
This is how, Hezbollah can attack (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060806/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_fighting_rockets) during a supposed cease fire, and still have people thinking "wow, I can't believe how unreasonable Israel is acting". They are fighting a better propaganda war, aided by certain powerful individuals who control the media and want to sway world affairs.
It's hard to believe how naive you appear. There isn't a cease fire, Israel has publicly announced it isn't going to stop because it "hasn't finished its business".

As for your inference that the media are supporting Hezbollah, most Western sources blame Hezbollah for starting this conflict - that Hezbollah was at fault for capturing two members of an illegal Israeli snatch squad (except they always omit the bit about it being a snatch squad), or that Hezbollah was at fault for firing rockets into Israel in response to Israeli bombing raids (except they always omit the bit about the bombing raids).

In any case, I can't see any reason why Hezbollah would have any truck with such a one-sided resolution. If accepted it gives Israel the green light to continue its action as long as they define them as defensive measures, while Hezbollah has to bear everything that comes their way. And once Hezbollah is disarmed, who's going to take action against Israel when they break the resolution (and they will, because they always do). The French are supposedly going to be leading any international force in the area, will we see them undertaking bombing raids on Israel? I don't think so.

It's only purpose is to attempt to put Hezbollah in a bad light when they reject it out-of-hand, and give Israel the green light to continue its attempts at ethnic cleansing. America will have blood on its hands once again, yet doesn't seem to have the wit to see that this can only lead to more international terrorist action. The only hope is that one of the other permanent members of the security council exercises their veto, but it doesn't seem likely.

Again, maybe Ebola should stop fucking with Azrael. I agree that the measure was rather one sided though. Israel can just redefine their defense as being a good offense (which is partially true).

As long as Ebola is around they will probably fuck with Azrael. Who knows?

j2k4
08-06-2006, 06:17 PM
...give Israel the green light to continue its attempts at ethnic cleansing...

First I've heard of that...

Would this be some sort of multi-ethnic cleansing?

cpt_azad
08-06-2006, 06:53 PM
They are fighting a better propaganda war, aided by certain powerful individuals who control the media and want to sway world affairs.

:lol: Nice one man

MediaSlayer
08-07-2006, 05:41 AM

It's hard to believe how you can casually overlook a word that I was so careful not to omit in my original post, nevertheless I made this nice picture for you,

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3204/supposedah3.png

I hope you find it helpful, and I would also like to share with you a little gem I found on dictionary.com -

sup·posed Audio pronunciation of "supposed" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s-pzd, -pzd)
adj.

1. Presumed to be true or real without conclusive evidence.
2. Intended: medication that is supposed to relieve pain.
1. Required: He is supposed to go to the store.
2. Permitted: We are not supposed to smoke here.
3. Firmly believed; expected: You're supposed to be my friend.

MediaSlayer
08-07-2006, 05:47 AM
and last but not least, my original quote:

This is how, Hezbollah can attack during a supposed cease fire, and still have people thinking "wow, I can't believe how unreasonable Israel is acting".

lynx
08-07-2006, 08:14 AM

Again, maybe Ebola should stop fucking with Azrael. I agree that the measure was rather one sided though. Israel can just redefine their defense as being a good offense (which is partially true).

As long as Ebola is around they will probably fuck with Azrael. Who knows?
How about if Israel stop fucking with Hezbollah? Of course, they wont, they just want to keep stirring the pie so that they get more of your tax dollars.

lynx
08-07-2006, 08:21 AM
...give Israel the green light to continue its attempts at ethnic cleansing...

Would this be some sort of multi-ethnic cleansing?The Israeli ambassador to the UN, stated that it was Israel's intention to remove Hezbollah. More forceful members of their government put it as "wiping them from the face of the earth".

You should read more than your neocon blogs, you might just work out what's really happening in the world.

lynx
08-07-2006, 08:22 AM

It's hard to believe how you can casually overlook a word that I was so careful not to omit in my original post, nevertheless I made this nice picture for you,

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3204/supposedah3.png

I hope you find it helpful, and I would also like to share with you a little gem I found on dictionary.com -

sup·posed Audio pronunciation of "supposed" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s-pzd, -pzd)
adj.

1. Presumed to be true or real without conclusive evidence.
2. Intended: medication that is supposed to relieve pain.
1. Required: He is supposed to go to the store.
2. Permitted: We are not supposed to smoke here.
3. Firmly believed; expected: You're supposed to be my friend.
I didn't miss it at all, it's a nonsense word given the situation. Look at your own definition:

1. It isn't presumed to be true or real, it is totally denied by Israel.
2. It isn't intended to do anything, it doesn't exist.
3. It isn't believed or expected, Israel have said it isn't happening.

I can't comment on what Hezbollah might think of the possibility, they have only said they won't stop while Israel are attacking.

Seems to me you just wanted an excuse to twist the facts and make a comment that denigrates Hezbollah. Just like your president and our prime minister in fact. Have you thought of running for office? I can't see how you could do a worse job than the current lot.

j2k4
08-08-2006, 08:06 PM

Would this be some sort of multi-ethnic cleansing?The Israeli ambassador to the UN, stated that it was Israel's intention to remove Hezbollah. More forceful members of their government put it as "wiping them from the face of the earth".

You should read more than your neocon blogs, you might just work out what's really happening in the world.

I must here interject that I do not read blogs of any type or sort; nary a one.

As to television media, I split my time pretty much 70%-30% between FOXNEWS and the Beeb's "for export" world news.

I know what's going on, and I have my point-of-view, as do you.

I've heard Israel's statements vis a vis Hezbollah.

I don't think "Hezbollah" qualifies as an ethnicity, and, as I count them as no different than any other terrorist organization, I find the very thought of saving "the good ones" supremely silly.

Again, my POV.

Yours is different.

Rat Faced
08-13-2006, 12:38 AM
Israel seems to think of them as an "ethnicity", specifically Shi'te Muslims.

However, in the absence of any handy shi'ites.. anyone in Lebanon will do at the moment.