PDA

View Full Version : PayPal Users on NewsDemon

UsenetGuy
08-04-2006, 05:09 PM
This has been added to the newsdemon website: http://www.newsdemon.com/ppgroups.php

Just posting this so everyone knows PayPal users have less groups than people using the other payment methods

Flinty
08-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Until i find a group that i really need to download from I will stick with them.

EDIT: Seems like Newsdemon are going down bank and quickly for the PayPal customers....

Looks like I am looking for a new provider.... :(

rokie
08-05-2006, 08:22 AM
I've heard that paypal don't like to accept usenet servers, but unless that they don't host any adult newsgroup stuffs with them. You had better think twice about newsdemon.

stock12
08-05-2006, 04:51 PM
I used paypal for my subscription until I read this and switched to credit card, but you have to wait until the next billing cycle for them to allow you to access the of the groups again. So I will be switching. I have three weeks until my next billing cycle. Any suggestions on a new provider?

Flinty
08-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Anyone know of any newsgroups that except either PayPal or Solo...
Thanks,
Flinty

accat13
08-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Search is a great feature Hmmm I remeber this topic http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=122327&highlight=newshosting+paypal

Raven3k
08-05-2006, 08:27 PM
You are now chatting with 'Matthew'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK7102102707X
Matthew: Welcome to Live Chat support.
Matthew: Hello. How may I assist you?
[email protected]: hi
[email protected]: i read ur section where paypal users dont get all the newsgroups is this true?
[email protected]: or is it according to where u live?
Matthew: to make for faster, more efficient searching, we have temporarily stopped giving access to groups that are no longer active. Some groups are empty, or have only extremely old postings. If there is a specific group you are looking for, just let us know and we\'ll be happy to make sure it\'s still inactive.
[email protected]: so what u are saying is that
[email protected]: what about the adult newsgroups?
Matthew: paypal users cant view as paypal has strict policy regarding some of the policies
[email protected]: ok so if i pay via worldpay
[email protected]: then its ok?
Matthew: yes
[email protected]: oh why doesnt the website be clear about it
Matthew: and credit card too

Just done it today about few mins ago and its true paypal sucks!!!

Flinty
08-05-2006, 08:32 PM
So only the adult grups are gone to PayPal users?

UsenetGuy
08-06-2006, 08:53 AM
If anyone can only use PayPal you could try newshosting.com, paypal isnt listed on the site but you can pay with it for 6 or 12 month accounts.

T0TAL-RECALL
08-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Not just adult groups its alot...

Newscount is down to less than 5000 and some DVDs I wanted to DL I cant because the groups have been blocked.

Anyways I just got off live support and there a bunch of cocks... The guy basicley told me I would not get a full refund and would have to cancel and signup again if I wanted to use Worldpay option because you cant tranfer the same as Creditcards.

Flinty
08-06-2006, 08:58 PM
How do you get a WorldPay account?

T0TAL-RECALL
08-07-2006, 08:14 AM
How do you get a WorldPay account?

You have to do a whole new signup... Because the arseholes only allow changing payment method to creditcard.

I either can cancel and get only some of my money back and resignup or wait out the 6months only using the groups available and then signup using one of those methods or not bother.

To be frank once my 6months is up with newsdemon Im off to another provider since they have gone up shit creek.