View Full Version : A few questions

Intrigued
08-05-2006, 12:50 AM
I'm currently making a move from another site to here and would like to know where do I post Music, Jokes, and Movies-TV ?

Just a quick overview of this site would help. Certain things are easy enough to figure out, NZB, General and so on. Looked in your music area and there were hardly any shares. Is that typical?

Is there a standard format that people like here when getting links?
I.E. RapidShare, YSI, SendSpace or do some prefer FTP's.

I would like to make this my new home and as I have more "Noob" questions, I'll ask.

Thanks in advance for any help. :) http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/neptune/Animated/Cool/cool011.gif

tesco
08-05-2006, 12:54 AM
We don't allow direct links to copyright material, sorry.
You can post fasttrack (sig2dat) and ed2k hashes, and NZB files, in the appropriate sections, but actual links are not allowed.

Busyman™
08-05-2006, 12:56 AM
You can post fasttrack (sig2dat) and ed2k hashes, and NZB files, in the appropriate sections, but actual links are not allowed.

Well that just sucks ass. :snooty:

Intrigued
08-05-2006, 01:01 AM

I see, but wouldn't p2p "ED2K" be more risky than someone who provides a RS link?

Peerzy
08-05-2006, 01:20 AM
No, RS links can be traced back to the IP who uploaded the file, so if you upload a high risk file (Star Wars or something) certain companies will take legal action and RapidShare will give out the IP of the person who original uploaded the link, along with the owner of this forum for indexing the link.

ED2K does not allow anybody to see who originally uploaded or shared the file, only the people who are currently downloading/uploading the file.

Newsgroups (NZB's) only show the person who has found the files, not the people who are downloading or uploading, so it is the safest.

DanB
08-05-2006, 01:34 AM
Peerzy ftw :01:

Mr JP Fugley
08-05-2006, 07:01 PM
And he does the fitba'. Make this man a mod now.