PDA

View Full Version : idiots at bitmetv accussed me of cheating, now worried

kev311084
08-08-2006, 03:38 PM
idiots at bitmetv accussed me of cheating, now worried because i heard sites that catch you cheating report you to other websites, and thanks to the prats at bitmetv they think i was cheating, ive been having trouble on a few sites where my ratio has had trouble updating for some reason, i use the latest utorrent though

but how dare they accuse me of cheating when ive never done such a thing, and something i never plan to do as i respect the scene too much

so im wondering, will the idiots at bitmetv report my ip or username to other torrent sites? im a member at a few other top sites and i know bitmetv is a top site that is respected (no longer respected by me though)

capsyl
08-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Same thing happened to my but on another place when I used Transmission for OS X. My ratio had turned from 1.28 to 1.28 million. I got banned but managed to pleed my case.

As for them reporting your ip to other sites, I really have no clue but it seems a little over the top.

ssj4gogeta
08-09-2006, 10:05 PM
I invited some one to a site a while back and he got banned for cheating, because he has a weird beta of uTorrent which caused a glitch and made it look like he was cheating.

Mareko
08-09-2006, 10:48 PM
kev311084 - u were cheating or at least u should have noticed something wrong with your account - downloading for a week and your stats still show 0:0

If you really weren't cheating intentionally you really should have noticed that your stats weren't updating and should have brought this issue to the attention of a staff member.

As for your question about your ip - in your case i think not

siderman
08-10-2006, 02:20 AM
I got accused of cheating when I was running temporarely both utorrent and Azureus from torrent transfering purposes. They think I was using something cald chu mod which I never even heard of.

These mod makers and cheaters are making us the normale people pay dearly when we make a slight mistake as it makes it look like we are one of those a**holes that cheat all the time and never give back....

Sorry I'm bitter from being banned from the greates site "for my needs" out there.

I pleaded my case but being nerveuse I gave the wrong time table to a question and got kicked and banned from there IRC channel.

My ex sysops are very annoyed by the cheaters and rightely so. but it pisses me off that I have to pay for it.

sear
08-10-2006, 04:52 AM
@kev311084: bummer for you if you weren't cheating I was gonna say you should plead your case with the mods via IRC...but the way you've been slagging them off prob not much hope there. better luck next time.

Basquiat
08-10-2006, 05:44 AM
bitmetv faq

"Please DON'T contact a mod+ via the forum, PM, IRC or e-mail to complain, question, apologize, suggest, explain, debate, ask, inquire, hint or ANYTHING else about a warning. This just takes up more of our time and the rules are really simple. We will just ignore these PM's."

sorry man, i know how it feels

sHaDYvB
08-10-2006, 11:12 AM
they are very hard @ bitme and bitmetv , i was locked for ratio @ bitme and never was let back even when i promised to bring my ratio to an ok limit after i upgraded my line ..

schlub
08-11-2006, 12:59 AM
i got banned from one of my favorite sites for cheating cuz I left utorrent paused overnight by accident.. it sucks sometimes, but there's not much you can do.. I don't think you should be reported to other sites unless you're a repeat offender or you cause a big stink about being banned.

j0hn
08-11-2006, 10:24 AM
if ur ratio simply sucks, then no, u shouldnt be reported to other sites.
if they know for 100% definate u used a cheat program, then yes, may u burn in hell for eternity, and be reported to every site imagineable.

zizaziz
08-11-2006, 11:34 AM
whats wrong with having torrents on pause for some time?

LMS
08-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Yeah, that sounds strange...

davec8
08-11-2006, 04:26 PM
whats wrong with having torrents on pause for some time?
I'm guessing they accused him of hit and running and banned him.

j0hn
08-11-2006, 07:47 PM
some trackers require u to seed for 72 hours after downloading
or until u have reached 1.0 ratio on the torrent.

depends on the tracker though.
dididave for example, send u a warning after a set period of time of not seeding.
then they send another warning a couple hours later.
then another, and another, etc.
eventually u get punished.

some dont give u the warnings though. if ur seen to have stopped the torrent right after it completes, they simply ban u.

its rather harsh in some cases, but if u can keep the torrent running while its downloading, for what reason would u need to stop it the instant it finishes.

if u paused it by mistake, try contacting the admins via their irc server/channel. if they dont want to listen, perhaps the trackers not worth being part of. banning u for that seems harsh to me.

Wizard_Mon1
08-13-2006, 01:54 PM
I see all these warnings about cheating and threads like this that give no inkling as to what cheating is... Anyone got any ideas?

j0hn
08-13-2006, 02:31 PM
i know what cheating entails
but im not gonna post links to anything that would aid anyone in cheating
i hope nobody else does either

DKre8ive1
08-14-2006, 09:07 AM
there are scripts that catch cheaters and the info that this puts out can be used to prove that someone was cheating and I know for a fact that the bt community staffers are always willing to help each other out on getting rid of cheaters who get caught red handed.

Please understand that I am not saying you cheat just making a comment on the situation and if just got banned for low ratio, then I wouldnt worry about loosing your other BT site accounts as that wouldnt cause a global ban.

Cheers
DKre8ive1

G-Force
08-15-2006, 02:36 AM
They are extreamly strict over there if i was you i would simply PM a Mod and explain what is happening.