PDA

View Full Version : MLS' DC United Thrashes Real Madrid.....

Busyman™
08-10-2006, 09:29 AM
in a 1 - 1 tie.:dabs:

That is all.

peat moss
08-12-2006, 01:58 AM
I wish I had watched it but it was not on the tube . Read about it tho in the paper and Freddy Abu played well ? The write up seemed to be very unkind to the young fellow .

dml
08-12-2006, 07:23 AM
Watching Real Madrid play is embarrassing, yet they are the team who have won the most amount of Champions Leagues.

Delorean
08-12-2006, 07:50 AM
They hould be stronger now. Especially in the defence with Cannavaro in their team and in the front line with Van Nistelrooy and Emerson in the Center.

dml
08-12-2006, 11:23 AM
@ Delorean

Yes I'm glad they've finally got a good defender like Cannavaro, since Hierro left years ago they've gone downhill. Nonetheless the past years they've also had many stars like: Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Beckham and Raul, but they've haven't done anything what so ever. I really hope your right and this year they play up to their usual standards.

Busyman™
08-12-2006, 12:38 PM
I wish I had watched it but it was not on the tube . Read about it tho in the paper and Freddy Abu played well ? The write up seemed to be very unkind to the young fellow .

It was on Comcast Sportnet over here. From what I saw, he play pretty well. On one breakaway run at goal the Madrid player conveniently tripped him up.:ermm:

Menial highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch_fullscreen?video_id=zwH2VKF_rDs&l=109&t=OEgsToPDskJdqOBjQlLfNJDDgJ6uaWFU&nc=6724044&fs=1&title=DC%20United%20vs%20Real%20Madrid)

Longer highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch_fullscreen?video_id=y9nQu4N73U4&l=224&t=OEgsToPDskIyVmz6dHJ9V3D4g1YFp2_P&nc=13369344&fs=1&title=MLS%20DC%20United%20vs%20Real%20Madrid)

manker
08-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Wtf are menial highlights.

Delorean
08-12-2006, 04:51 PM
@ Delorean

Yes I'm glad they've finally got a good defender like Cannavaro, since Hierro left years ago they've gone downhill. Nonetheless the past years they've also had many stars like: Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Beckham and Raul, but they've haven't done anything what so ever. I really hope your right and this year they play up to their usual standards.

Actually if you recall they got the downhill when Makelele left to enforce Chelsea.
I'm not really glad they got him. Barca now will have Cannavaro to worry about. :(

dml
08-12-2006, 05:26 PM
@busyman

Cheers for the highlights!

@manker

menial highlights are the short highlights, just the goals, the longer highlights tend to have the whole attacks etc... Then again I didnt watch the longer highlights.

@delorean

yes your completely right, I forgot about Makelele. None the less I think Zidane was a better midfielder and even though he kept the team going, they terribly lacked in defense, honestly it must suck to be Iker Casillas knowing that your defense is utterly useless. :P None the less Barcelona have to worry about Ronaldinho, because if he plays like he did during the world cup, Barcelona aren't even going to end up top ten of "la liga".

Delorean
08-12-2006, 07:11 PM
@busyman

Cheers for the highlights!

@manker

menial highlights are the short highlights, just the goals, the longer highlights tend to have the whole attacks etc... Then again I didnt watch the longer highlights.

@delorean

yes your completely right, I forgot about Makelele. None the less I think Zidane was a better midfielder and even though he kept the team going, they terribly lacked in defense, honestly it must suck to be Iker Casillas knowing that your defense is utterly useless. :P None the less Barcelona have to worry about Ronaldinho, because if he plays like he did during the world cup, Barcelona aren't even going to end up top ten of "la liga".

Are sure? With Thuram and Zambrotta stregthen the defence along Puyol and
Oleguer, Deco in the center along Xavi/Iniesta and Lionel Messi,Eiður Guðjohnsen and Eto in the front line. And of course Víctor Valdés as stronghold guardian, i believe Barca will be stronger. What do you say?;)

maebach
08-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Valencia. . .

//sarcasm

dml
08-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Hahah Valencia! Good one :P But back in the day they used to be one of the strongest teams in Spain and Europe, but that was long time ago.
Delorean yes your right once again, and you've impressed me once again with your knowledge on spanish teams, their players and their history! I definitely don't know half of them.
None the less I have to say that last year when Ronaldinho played nothing happened, sure Barcelona can play without him, they definitely have the players, but morally the base their game around him, and without him Eto barely does anything. And also towards the end of the league Ronaldinho's game started to deteriorate, couldn't shoot free kicks, lack of creativity etc...so his performance in the world cup didnt surprise me much.
I do agree that Puyol is the best spanish defender, which is a great advantage.
None the less I completely hate Valdes, I think he is an upstuck prick like Fernando Alonso, but he has pulled some decent saves, but he cant be compared to Iker Casillas one of the best keepers in the world.
But all in all with the new line ups, anything can happen, only time can tell :D

Delorean
08-13-2006, 05:22 AM
Surely Ronaldinho did bad in world cup, towards the end of of the Season his performance was not as good. The problem showed up clearly that when Ronaldinho doesn't play Barca doesn't play mainly in the second round against Real Madrid (1-1) and in the Champions league final against Arsenal.
He wasted 3 or 4 Free kicks and besides the great through pass to Eto'o Ronaldinho did nothing else that night.
However, i think(hope) this is gonna change this year. Because Ronaldinho did bad and drop his performance players may realize that they can't just count on him but put some more weight on Deco's Messi's and Iniesta's abilities and creativity!

dml
08-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Yes hopefully Deco and Messi will play much more, they are both greatly talented players, Messi's talented was also put to waste by the coach during the World Cup, I don't know what he was thinking at the time. Barcelona also has one of the best coaches in the world (in my opinion) Rijkaard, so hopefully he'll make up a strategy to involve the other players more. We'll have to wait till the 27th to see what happens :D

manker
08-13-2006, 02:47 PM
@manker

menial highlights are the short highlights, just the goals, the longer highlights tend to have the whole attacks etc... Then again I didnt watch the longer highlights.Thanks for that.

So why are they called menial highlights. It sounds like a term made up by someone who doesn't know what 'menial' means.

F. Canard
08-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Woo, I finally get to say, "Contradiction in terms, shirley?"

Contradiction in terms, shirley?

dml
08-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Why they call it "menial" instead of "short" or something normal I have no clue. Thats what happens when you give a dumb person a Thesaurus. *sighs*

A contradiction in terms would be the longer highlights, seeing as highlights are meant to be short in the first place to show the most important parts of an event.

manker
08-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Why they call it "menial" instead of "short" or something normal I have no clue. Thats what happens when you give a dumb person a Thesaurus. *sighs*:lol: :lol: :earl:

Agreed.

Busyman™
08-13-2006, 05:03 PM
This is what when the word police worries about a word. One lets it trip them up.

Low in quality.

"OMG, menial only means unskilled work!"

Get a loife.

manker
08-13-2006, 05:54 PM
This is what when the word police worries about a word. One lets it trip them up.

Low in quality.

Get a loife.Busy, you're a fantastic wordsmith.

I don't mean that of course, but what's the point in writing words which accurately convey what I want to express to the reader.

Busyman™
08-13-2006, 06:26 PM

Low in quality.

Get a loife.Busy, you're a fantastic wordsmith.

I don't mean that of course, but what's the point in writing words which accurately convey what I want to express to the reader.

Well...sumwon got it. :smilie4: I wonder how that happened?

I can't help that you were profoundly dumbfounded.:idunno:

manker
08-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Who got it?

Oh yeah, the Spanish guy who indirectly called you a 'dumb person with a thesaurus'.

That tickled me.

Busyman™
08-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Who got it?

Oh yeah, the Spanish guy who indirectly called you a 'dumb person with a thesaurus'.

That tickled me.

I bet. He still got it before the insult (indirect, I think not). So much in fact that he bothered to explain it to you.

Stay dumbfounded, thumby.

dml
08-13-2006, 07:46 PM
I just want to say that I didn't mean to insult Busyman at all, so I'm very sorry if I did, it was meant to be a joke, I really do have a terrible sense of humour. And I had no clue what menial actually meant, I just assumed it meant short seeing as the video was shorter than the "longer highlights" one. After looking up what it meant on google, I explained it Manker, because he asked what it meant. I'm sorry if I insulted anybody in any way.

Busyman™
08-14-2006, 04:15 AM
I just want to say that I didn't mean to insult Busyman at all, so I'm very sorry if I did, it was meant to be a joke, I really do have a terrible sense of humour. And I had no clue what menial actually meant, I just assumed it meant short seeing as the video was shorter than the "longer highlights" one. After looking up what it meant on google, I explained it Manker, because he asked what it meant. I'm sorry if I insulted anybody in any way.

It's cool man. I didn't "retaliate" and thumbarse (manker) knows I flirt with danger around the word police. (thumbarse, GayPaul, j2k4)

Cheese
08-14-2006, 02:52 PM

It's cool man. I didn't "retaliate" and thumbarse (manker) knows I flirt with danger around the word police. (thumbarse, GayPaul, j2k4)

I'm quite insulted that I didn't make that menial list of yours. :snooty:

Busyman
08-14-2006, 02:57 PM

I'm quite insulted that I didn't make that menial list of yours. :snooty:

:lol:

I don't bother with such menial minutiae and neither do you and that's why you ain't on da list.