PDA

View Full Version : Never pay for File Sharing?

kazaaman
08-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Doesn't newsgroups contradict the claim "Never pay for File Sharing!"? I mean, people are paying money for the "quality" servers aren't they? Maybe the saying should be changed to "Occasionally pay for File Sharing!"?. I just put this out as something to think about.

tesco
08-12-2006, 03:14 AM
It is true BUT that message is meant for n00bs to filesharing who may see the ads for kazaa gold and other things then go out and buy it which is NOT worth any money.

mesaman
08-12-2006, 04:55 AM
Many people don't pay for newsgroups, but people do pay for convenience. A quality pay server removes the need to multiplex several free news servers together into a virtual quality server.

cerote
08-12-2006, 05:51 AM
I have been using newsgroups for over a month and it is well worth the paying the small monthly fee. I can find some things on there I can't find on bt at all. And there is always a good speed. I have never been under a steady 730 kbs, sometimes I hit over 800. But I do go between the both. I use bt sometimes for items that I don't see on any newsgroup.

RudeYute
08-12-2006, 02:47 PM
I think it means "Never pay for P2P".
Newsgroups access is probably one of the best investments a computer user would make. Most software is then free.

j0hn
08-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Never pay for File Sharing!
using newsgroups is hardly sharing. its leeching.
and the right package at the right price is well worth the money!

gamer4eva
08-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah your not sharing files....therefore you pay innit!!!

kazaaman
08-12-2006, 09:14 PM
using newsgroups is hardly sharing. its leeching.
and the right package at the right price is well worth the money!

Ahh yes, I see your point. Quite true :)

Yea and the warning has a good purpose, especially to noobs as rossco said,

It is true BUT that message is meant for n00bs to filesharing who may see the ads for kazaa gold and other things then go out and buy it which is NOT worth any money.

If you get speeds like that cerote, I might even sign up as those speeds are incredible! :w00t:

Thanks

Jimi...
08-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Well put it this way, for a one year subcription with NewsHosting and Newsleecher for a year comes to around £100, that's about 27p a day. Hardly breaking the bank is it.

tesco
08-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Well put it this way, for a one year subcription with NewsHosting and Newsleecher for a year comes to around £100, that's about 27p a day. Hardly breaking the bank is it.
Compared to the money you save by not having to buy movies, cds, rent movies, buy software, games, etc...definately. :)

MultiForce
08-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Here is what I pay for to download warez.
Food, electricity, appartment, ADSL, bus to work, Giganews account, computer equipment, toothpaste, coffee (oh yeah you need it to stay online), soap, clothing (for work), light bulbs (or else the eyes goes to hell) etc etc etc.

My life is just about internet and downloading... smart guys says I got no life of course, but I'm happy!

linuXshock
08-14-2006, 08:25 AM
i pay for the speed and retention from newshosting, i think $14.95 (USD) a month is nothing to what you get (unlimited bandwidth, uncapped speed)

james_bond_rulez
08-15-2006, 07:40 AM
Doesn't newsgroups contradict the claim "Never pay for File Sharing!"? I mean, people are paying money for the "quality" servers aren't they? Maybe the saying should be changed to "Occasionally pay for File Sharing!"?. I just put this out as something to think about.

you pay for bandwidth service not the actual content itself

so the claim "never pay for file sharing" still stands

toodamfast
08-15-2006, 07:39 PM
my isp gives me 5 gig a month of free downloads from giganews. so its free for me

erRor67
08-15-2006, 07:47 PM
i pay for the speed and retention from newshosting, i think $14.95 (USD) a month is nothing to what you get (unlimited bandwidth, uncapped speed)
If you pay for a full year, you get a discount and it averages out to about $12 (USD) per month. :)

cupid_112_munna
08-25-2006, 09:23 AM
i get speeds of about 1.3 mega BYTE per sec very quick as i have a 10mbit connection. The only thing is that bt quite often has stuff i cant find on usenet so i use that for most of my dl, but if i want something quick and its big i use usenet, much faster, although i do get 700kBps usint good torrent ratio site as well

Kotan
08-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Is it Scenereleases that usenet offers?

citizenblue
08-28-2006, 04:35 PM
@Kotan
Its everything that usenet offers

0ctane
08-28-2006, 10:38 PM
i found usenetserver to be better than newshosting i pay $39 every 3 months for unlimted cap :)

thedude0
08-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Is it Scenereleases that usenet offers?

just as much scene releases as there are on torrent sites, only without the crappy ratio stuff.

Gish
08-30-2006, 10:50 PM
With bittorrent my cap is over 900kbs. for me paying for somthing even a little goes agianst what Piracy really is. anyway I bet I can find anything on bittorrent sites that you can find on news groups!

Jimi...
08-30-2006, 10:58 PM
With bittorrent my cap is over 900kbs. for me paying for somthing even a little goes agianst what Piracy really is. anyway I bet I can find anything on bittorrent sites that you can find on news groups!

Umm, did you take a wrong turn somewhere? This is the Newsgroups sub forum. :rolleyes:

BTMach
08-30-2006, 11:07 PM
...anyway I bet I can find anything on bittorrent sites that you can find on news groups!

You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry dude, but i played the BT game and have had accounts at numerous private trackers including but not limited to Demonoid, BitSoup, Bitme, TL, FL, Oink, Pisexy, F*N, BitMeTv, HDBits, and the content on Usenet continues to blow my freakin mind.

I will not go into specifics, but I just downloaded (from usenet) the first 8 seasons of my favorite show in DVD-R format, before this ofcourse i scoured the BT network and came up with 1 season.
This is just but one of numerous examples of the insane content of news groups.

Look into a 3-day free trial at giganews, just to see what you are missing.

MultiForce
08-30-2006, 11:12 PM

Maybe in a parallell universe :P

Gish
09-01-2006, 12:00 AM
24 bucks a month for unlimited DL!
Why pay even two bucks a month:D

For example: how long would it take to DL a 4 and a half gig movie on usenet. it takes me two to three hours on bittorrent

BTMach
09-01-2006, 12:36 AM

For example: how long would it take to DL a 4 and a half gig movie on usenet. it takes me two to three hours on bittorrent

Usenet is only limited by your max speed, unlike BT.
With a 10Mbit down a 4.5GB dvd would take 1 hour.

0ctane
09-01-2006, 02:07 PM

Yeh but how long to seed back ? Theres no need to upload on usenet .
plus you do not need a fair number of seeds to hit your maximum download rate .

Chewie
09-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Just one seed is all it needs on usenet...

S.L.B
09-04-2006, 07:42 PM
never payed for file sharing.

donations are very different from monthly payments.

only donated once for TL, and i really think they deserved every cent of it.

0ctane
09-04-2006, 07:46 PM

i was quoting bit torrent that you would need many seeds to max connection not everyone has fast upload compared to a usenet bot

Hunneyballs
09-06-2006, 06:32 PM
I pay a site £1 (87c) a month and I get all films, music, programs, the lot. Dont mind paying that!

Windy72
09-08-2006, 08:50 PM
All I can say is good luck to those that want to use p2p. I also have been down that road and just love sitting on a tracker for weeks to get a 100 meg file. Also in UK many ISP's limit your usage both up and down. Therefore BT becomes even less attractive. I want a 4 Gig DVD on BT that means 8 gig usage to include my up and down share ratio. My ISP restricts to 50 gig per month. It is a no brainer usenet wins.

I would also just like to say hi to the forum....

Cheerio

Jimi...
09-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi Broadsword, welcome to the forums. Let's all point and laugh at the P2P users. :lol:

Chewie
09-09-2006, 01:20 AM

i was quoting bit torrent that you would need many seeds to max connection not everyone has fast upload compared to a usenet bot
I was agreeing with you. :)

Magss
09-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Newsgroups are worth every penny a full DVD in 3 hours compared to 3 days on torrents.

P_Floyd
09-13-2006, 09:52 PM
For me its not just speed, its fast releases, different content, security, and best of all no uploading or begging for tracker invites :)

0ctane
09-15-2006, 04:12 PM
For me its not just speed, its fast releases, different content, security, and best of all no uploading or begging for tracker invites :)

Agreed :yup: , i've found of releases on there before any torrent sites .
If you look in right groups you know wot i mean :naughty:

DJ-phYre
09-20-2006, 07:25 PM
I would never go back to free "P2P" filesharing apps, ngs are a lot more reliable and quicker... Plus the ngs community is more helpful than any other...

Windy72
10-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Hi Broadsword, welcome to the forums. Let's all point and laugh at the P2P users. :lol:

I use p2p aswell, but only when I have to. I am registerred on 4 torrent trackers and having a share ratio above 1.0 on all. I also take stuff from usenet and share on torrents as well as posting in my favourite NG. Man I so good I should have a halo! All this on a 384kbs upload and 8meg download.:01:

Jimi...
10-07-2006, 11:56 PM

I use p2p aswell, but only when I have to. I am registerred on 4 torrent trackers and having a share ratio above 1.0 on all. I also take stuff from usenet and share on torrents as well as posting in my favourite NG. Man I so good I should have a halo! All this on a 384kbs upload and 8meg download.:01:

I would stop using P2P to be honest, will get you into a lot of trouble one of these days.

Windy72
10-12-2006, 07:12 PM

I would stop using P2P to be honest, will get you into a lot of trouble one of these days.

I understand the risk but decide to brave it due to different content etc. I do not download music or films on Bit Torrent. Some UK TV stuff that I have missed comes out on UKNOVA but I dont use it a lot. I occasionally use other p2p for the odd music track but regulate my upload, rarelly am on for more than a couple of hours.

If I had a choice as which to ditch then p2p would hit the bin.

biotitan
10-18-2006, 04:40 AM
I totaly think we should
Never pay for File Sharing

otherwise whatz the use!!!!! It should be community service for the less fortunate (Like Me lol :) )

bald1
12-13-2006, 02:21 AM
Hunnyeballs which site do you use for £1 per month

T0TAL-RECALL
12-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Im sure we have had a thread just like this before...

Its kind of obvious to those with some common sense that using Newgroups is by far the best way.