PDA

View Full Version : NewzBin Question

citizenblue
08-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Does newzbin show everything that has been posted on usenet within a certain amount of time, or just scene releases?

Jimi...
08-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Well they try to index everything that's posted on Usenet, but they do miss a lot of stuff and there are programs they can't index like Newsleecher and Newsbin.

citizenblue
08-13-2006, 08:00 AM
okay, thx, but what exactly do you mean by "programs they can't index" why can't they index newsbin and newsleecher?

Jimi...
08-13-2006, 02:27 PM
I think Newzbin are affiliated with those programs in some way, that's what I read anyway.

citizenblue
08-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Okay, Thx for the info :)

AssassiNBG
08-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Dunno, it seems to me that they're missing maybe half the action that's happening on the many newsgroups. Or at least I rarely find the stuff I look for there.

Jimi...
08-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Yep, same with Binage. I hardly ever use Indexing sites now, I just download the headers for the popular groups every day. Newsleecher is great for that sort of thing 'cause you can type in a word and it'll filtering everything that matches that word.

Beck38
11-05-2006, 02:45 PM
After 'subscribing' to newzbin for several years, I'll let it lapse as soon as the currnet 'days' expire; simply because I've noticed that a LOT of content is being missed (d/l headers folks, for a true 'picture'), and I've caught several 'editors' posting derogatory comments ('flame wars' ect.) which leads me to conclude what I've suspected for the last year or so, that they have sold out to commercial interests.

BTW, they how want folks to 'reup/extend' their accounts every few weeks, which is suspecious as well, and have been jumping on folks who ask hard questions, inquiring as to why.

loria248
11-05-2006, 06:47 PM
I've used NewzBin for 3 days, pay for 2 pounds and all i can say "They just suck" .. Too few information and NZB you can get from there, plus the interface is not so friendly ..

rokie
11-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Never subscribe to those shits. Just do a quick browse at NewzBin will do then query what you want at binsearch.info