PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I ask about other torrent sites?

extremepilot
08-12-2006, 10:07 PM
I asked a question about which site has a show I like. Later I noticed it's in the rules not to do so. I don't see how that rule benefits anyone on this planet. Please explain yourselves...

Peerzy
08-12-2006, 10:16 PM
What rule did you break? You cannot request torrents, or torrent links, but can request the name or URL of the homepage of a website that indexes the torrent.

tesco
08-12-2006, 10:17 PM
I think what you were asking for (a url to a site) would be okay but my guess is that the person who trashed your thread thought it was a request for to a link...
I'll move it back though as long as it doesn't break any rules.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=125228

extremepilot
08-12-2006, 10:19 PM
In the BitTorrent section it says:
"Do not ask for torrentwebsites where you can download certain files."
This makes NO sense what so ever, and when I asked anyway, some guy PMed me saying you're not allowed to.

edit: thanks!!

galliano
08-23-2006, 02:55 PM
This is getting confused...guess we have to read the instructions all over again...

100%
08-23-2006, 03:30 PM
someone should put out a torrent of the rules.tor

FreeDoom
08-23-2006, 11:13 PM
someone should put out a torrent of the rules.tor

lol :lol:

I think that posting the url to a site is allowed but by reading the rules, yes, it gives the idea that it's not...:(

limesqueezer
08-24-2006, 03:51 PM
If u post a link for a pay product like a torrent site its not allowed. But people don't download anything else than movies or other stuff that sells. I don't know why u ain't braking the rules if u ask for such things, nobody deletes such posts.
Or can i post a link to a torrent site but i can't post a link thats on torrent site lol ?

tesco
08-24-2006, 09:34 PM
I don't know why u ain't braking the rules if u ask for such things, nobody deletes such posts.I have no clue what that means.:huh:

gamer4eva
08-24-2006, 11:35 PM
I don't know why u ain't braking the rules if u ask for such things, nobody deletes such posts.I have no clue what that means.:huh:

We can all be clueless at times.:P

limesqueezer
08-25-2006, 12:14 AM
When somebody starts a new topic and is asking for links nobody deletes that thread.

lynx
08-27-2006, 09:18 AM
It's quite simple.

You can request or post a link to a particular torrent site, but only a general link. It's ok to discuss how a site operates but not it's content (except in a general sense like "it's got lots of divx movies").

You can't request or post what torrent sites have which files, because that's asking for/advertising copyright material.

Remember that some sites don't want to be openly discussed on the net, so if you directly refer to such sites your post will be edited or deleted.

When somebody starts a new topic and is asking for links nobody deletes that thread.We will if we spot them, but we can't be expected to check every thread.

kraftx
10-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Is there a link to the best torrent sites on this site without URL's given?

Damnatory
10-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Is there a link to the best torrent sites on this site without URL's given?

You'll find quite a few references to these sites in our Bittorrent (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/)forum.

cjcw_06
10-07-2006, 08:38 AM
I am new here and have to say I am a bit fuzzy on this rule. For example, is it ok posting and asking which torrent site is the best for Pocket PC software? Thanks.

Tmaster
10-12-2006, 10:48 PM
i think that it is the rules

lynx
10-13-2006, 01:04 AM
I am new here and have to say I am a bit fuzzy on this rule. For example, is it ok posting and asking which torrent site is the best for Pocket PC software? Thanks.
If you phrase it like that then it is ok, because you aren't specifically asking for copyrighted content.