PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Won't Ask to Remember Password

extremepilot
08-13-2006, 09:35 PM
My Firefox browser isn't asking to remember the password to the site. Anyone else having this? I have to re-login every time.

tesco
08-13-2006, 09:41 PM
It's not asking or it's just not remembering?
It works for me.

j0hn
08-13-2006, 09:42 PM
mine doesnt ask for my pass here either
it doesnt ask to remember all logins though
perhaps it doesnt detect its a username/password

doesnt bother me in the slightest though, simply tick the remember me box.
i NEVER have to log in here, which is even less effort than the pass being remembered

extremepilot
08-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I don't think it recognizes it as a username/password field. But sometimes it logs me out and I have to relogin for some reason.

tesco
08-13-2006, 09:44 PM
mine doesnt ask for my pass here either
it doesnt ask to remember all logins though
perhaps it doesnt detect its a username/password

doesnt bother me in the slightest though, simply tick the remember me box.
i NEVER have to log in here, which is even less effort than the pass being rememberedAh, I thoguht he meant the remember me box isn't showing up/isn't working.
That's what I use.

Yeah, I don't think it recognizes it as a username/password field. But sometimes it logs me out and I have to relogin for some reason.
Maybe it's because you, someone else, or a program on your computer are clearing cookies?

extremepilot
08-13-2006, 09:49 PM
That's probably what it is, heh, but I'm not used to login in at all, and I constantly clear cookies... Yeah , the box with the options, Not Now, Never for this Site, and Remember Me isn't showing up, and I don't have it as "Never for this Site"

Filliz
08-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Happens to me too on some sites, but mostly VBulltin boards.

Chewie
08-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Elect to preserve the filesharingtalk.com cookie in whatever cleaning program you use.
If your cookie cleaner doesn't offer the option, get another program.

lynx
08-14-2006, 08:30 AM
The field names need to be "username" or "nickname", and "password" (with field type password); there are probably some other variations of this.

As standard, Vbulletin uses fields with the names "vb_login_username" and "vb_login_password" (the field type is correct as password), which is why Firefox (and presumably IE) does not recognise them.

I don't know if this can be changed. If it can it would avoid the need to store passwords in permanent cookies, which is always a potential security risk for those using public computers.

tesco
08-14-2006, 03:56 PM
I don't know if this can be changed. If it can it would avoid the need to store passwords in permanent cookies, which is always a potential security risk for those using public computers.But then if it's a security risk to save password in a cookie it would be to just save the password period.:huh:

lynx
08-16-2006, 03:38 PM
I don't know if this can be changed. If it can it would avoid the need to store passwords in permanent cookies, which is always a potential security risk for those using public computers.But then if it's a security risk to save password in a cookie it would be to just save the password period.:huh:I don't know if it is still the case but the "remember me" box used to be ticked as default, so if you didn't untick it the cookie got stored. When they know it is user/password info Firefox and IE always ask, that's the difference.

Barbarossa
08-16-2006, 03:45 PM
The cookies and the windows remember password thing are two separate things though aren't they