PDA

View Full Version : The Animatrix

{I}{K}{E}
05-05-2003, 08:50 AM
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/29/10/33m.jpg

The Animatrix is a collection of several animated short films, detailing the backstory of the "Matrix" universe, and the original war between man and machines which led to the creation of the Matrix.

File: animatrix.avi
Length: 733968384 Bytes,716766KB
UUHash: =sxd23R8Dy6tc4vUSwwtubYSQ6cA=

IMDB (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0328832)

NotoriousBIC
05-05-2003, 10:21 AM
Yo Ike, appreciate the effort, but there's already a thread with this.

Verified Animatrix thread (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=30922)

It also includes a link to a synchronisation fix

{I}{K}{E}
05-05-2003, 10:25 AM
sorry!

NotoriousBIC
05-05-2003, 11:12 AM
No need to be sorry :) Just pointing that out.

btw: I was under the impression that verified hashes should only be posted in the subfora, as they're 'members-only'. Am I correct or am I just being overly 'cautious?

Schmiggy_JK23
05-05-2003, 01:55 PM
You are correct, and this should prolly be deleted, as its a repost, and not being inside members area, can get us in trouble...

Mods?

{I}{K}{E}
05-10-2003, 09:28 PM
WHY is everyone downloading this movie??????

all my slots keep saying: The Animatrix!!

Proper Bo
05-10-2003, 09:30 PM
Is it worth downloading? Will it make the Matrix make sense without needing mind altering drugs whilst watching?

{I}{K}{E}
05-10-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Proper Bo@ I tell thee,10 May 2003 - 23:30
Is it worth downloading? Will it make the Matrix make sense without needing mind altering drugs whilst watching?
sorry to say but i didn't liked it and I'm a matrix fan, but just download some of http://www.intothematrix.com/ to see if you like!

Proper Bo
05-10-2003, 09:34 PM
will do :)

{I}{K}{E}
05-10-2003, 09:38 PM
i have to say that all the short episodes have there own style that is one reason i didn't liked it!

NotoriousBIC
05-10-2003, 11:19 PM
I think it would be foolish to discuss the Animatrix as a whole.

As you said all nine episodes have different styles (except 2nd Renaissance part 1&2).
Besides they all tell a different background story, not necessarily directly linked to the films. And surely not linked to each other.

Final Flight of the Osiris --- Nice CG, tells the prelude to Reloaded and Revolutions. Very good fight sequence!

2nd Renaissance part 1&2 --- Really cool, gives a brief history of the events prior to the creation of the Matrix

Program --- Didn't like that one, your average Matrix mindf*ck story. Intruding 3d graphics

Detective Story --- Liked the grainy, black&white graphics. Features Trinity! :D

Beyond --- My favorite, tells about a 'glitch' in the Matrix. Beautiful artwork.

World Record --- Didn't like that one too. Ugly graphics and so-so story

Matriculated --- The Matrix Tron-style! Somewhat bizarre story.

A Kid's Story --- A very unique story and ditto graphics.

Would I buy the DVD? Probably, but first Reloaded and Revolutions! B)

RedRival
05-11-2003, 07:27 AM
So far I only watched the four episodes that were free for download on www.animatrix.com. That is The Second Renaissance Part 1, Program, Detective's Story and Second Renaissance Part 2.

The Second Renaissance Part 1
I don't really like this one. Worst out of the four for me.

Program
Your typical 'Matrix' sort of thing that you would encounter.

Detective's Story
Made me think a bit :o

Second Renaissance Part 2
If you want an explanation on how the matrix came about, what happened to the real world and how the machines dominated the humans, a more detailed and in depth show of the part where Morpheus was explaining to Neo about what happened in the program on "the matrix".

Schmiggy_JK23
05-11-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@10 May 2003 - 18:19

Matriculated --- The Matrix Tron-style! Somewhat bizarre story.

I kind of thought this one was sorta "Aeon Flux"ish... not just the similiarities in the main character... but the flow and the pacing, etc, the vivid imagery, similiar themes, I almost wonder if some of the people who worked on each, werent one the same...

aeon flux, u remember this cartoon from MTV back in the day?

olibomb
05-11-2003, 09:05 AM
I like the Final Flight of The Osiris the best. It was such good animation that in the fight my friend at first thought it was real.

NotoriousBIC
05-11-2003, 09:06 AM
I kind of thought this one was sorta "Aeon Flux"ish... not just the similiarities in the main character... but the flow and the pacing, etc, the vivid imagery, similiar themes, I almost wonder if some of the people who worked on each, werent one the same...

You spotted that nicely!
Actually Aeon Flux and Matriculated are from the same director, Peter Chung. That's why the artwork and story seems similar. I'm a big fan of Aeon Flux! :)

By Tron-style I meant the last part, when they test the machine (sorry can't be more specific or I would spoil it)

Schmiggy_JK23
05-11-2003, 09:16 AM
I guessed as much on the "tron reference" i figured that was what u ment.

Ha! I knew it... as soon as that clip came up, first thing in my head was Aeon Flux... too bad that series didnt last, great stuff.

Peter Chung... what else has he done, sounds so familiar

NotoriousBIC
05-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Well, the only few things I'm aware of are some Transformers episodes, the opening of Rugrats and the series Alexander.
Alexander is now know as Reign: The Conqueror, but has never been much of a succes.

Schmiggy_JK23
05-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Ah... rugrats... that could be, is he credited in the opening? Good chance i caught his name there... bro and sis used to watch it all the time, and i infact myself enjoyed it.