PDA

View Full Version : Racist Republican Bastard!

Busyman™
08-15-2006, 10:25 PM
George Allen is a dumbass. Knowing this country of mine, people will probably still vote the guy in.:ermm:
I just love it when "the good ole boys" get together and speak their mind.

Dumbass George Allen (http://www.youtube.com/watch_fullscreen?video_id=9G7gq7GQ71c&l=61&t=OEgsToPDskJ9m9gZPnbUxHiAlV-5nnpl&nc=16763904&fs=1&title=Allen's Listening Tour)

What makes him so stupid is that this so-called "Macaca" was sent around to tape good ole Boy George in the possibility that he says something off. Nice going. :lol:

There have already been strong intimations that Virginia Republican Senator George Allen has a “race problem.” Now the 2008 GOP presidential pretender has shown off his unique sensitivities again by repeatedly calling an Asian operative from his competitor’s campaign “Macaca.” A Macaca is monkey native to Asia. The man, S.R. Sidarth, is of Indian decent.

Not content with insinuating that Sidarth is a primate, Allen also said to him, “Welcome to America and the real world of Virginia!” For the record: Sidarth was born in Virginia.

RICHMOND, Va. — Sen. George Allen apologized Tuesday for remarks that offended a man of Indian descent who was tracking the Republican's re-election campaign for Democratic challenger Jim Webb.

S.R. Sidarth said he felt Allen was singling him out because of his race when the senator called him"Macaca"during a GOP rally Friday at Breaks, Va., near the Kentucky border.

"In no way was it meant to demean him, and I'm sorry if he was offended,"Allen said in a telephone interview.

Allen, who is positioning himself for a possible run for president in 2008, said the name was"just made up"and that he had no idea that macaca is a genus of monkeys including macaques. The name also could be spelled Makaka, which is a city in South Africa.

Webb's campaign distributed to reporters a video clip of Allen's remarks about Sidarth, a 20-year-old University of Virginia senior who spent last week videotaping Allen's"listening tour"for the Webb campaign.

"This fellow over here with the yellow shirt _ Macaca or whatever his name is _ he's with my opponent,"Allen said."He's following us around everywhere."

j2k4
08-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Is he really a bastard?

I know who his father was, and I think he was married...:huh:

lynx
08-15-2006, 11:25 PM
Is he really a bastard?

I know who his father was, and I think he was married...:huh:I think it's whether his mother was married that counts. :P

Busyman™
08-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Is he really a bastard?

I know who his father was, and I think he was married...:huh:I think it's whether his mother was married that counts. :P

:lol:

zapjb
08-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Republicans are all bastards. Spawns of the Devil.

j2k4
08-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Is he really a bastard?

My point is I didn't know who his mother is by first name.

I still don't.

Since his father didn't give birth to him, the question becomes whether or not his mother was the woman who was married to good old dad.

I'm betting it was.

Busyman™
08-16-2006, 12:47 AM
I think it's whether his mother was married that counts. :P

My point is I didn't know who his mother is by first name.

I still don't.

Since his father didn't give birth to him, the question becomes whether or not his mother was the woman who was married to good old dad.

I'm betting it was.

:\

vidcc
08-16-2006, 01:01 AM
I can see a problem with this theory. ...................The Devil doesn't exist;)

As to George Allen:

He often reminds me of the fact finding congressman in the movie Air America, handing his suitcase to the general and apologising because he doesn't have any cash to tip him. So I don't forsee this being too much of a problem with the people who would ordinarily vote for him...I didn't notice any stunned "gasps" from the audience.

Of course it's fun making mischief over the incident but it was no worse than Joe biden talking about the need for an accent to own a 7/11

Busyman™
08-16-2006, 02:01 AM
I can see a problem with this theory. ...................The Devil doesn't exist;)

As to George Allen:

He often reminds me of the fact finding congressman in the movie Air America, handing his suitcase to the general and apologising because he doesn't have any cash to tip him. So I don't forsee this being too much of a problem with the people who would ordinarily vote for him...I didn't notice any stunned "gasps" from the audience.

Of course it's fun making mischief over the incident but it was no worse than Joe biden talking about the need for an accent to own a 7/11

I totally disagree with your last. Not only did gool ole George call him an asian monkey but he then says "Welcome to America and the real world of Virginia".

If Joe Biden was going with a stereotype, good ole George was being utterly derogatory. All was needed to top it off was "go back to where you came from".

As far as who'll vote for him, the flag wavers that stand behind their man will continue to do so...stupid automatons or simply racists themselves.

I voted Dem in the last Presidential race. If Kerry (pre-election) had said some shit like that, I'd have voted for someone else...even Bush.:pinch:

Many people can't do that 'cause they are fucking idiots and vote their party no matter what.

j2k4
08-16-2006, 09:50 AM
If Joe Biden was going with a stereotype, good ole George was being utterly derogatory. All was needed to top it off was "go back to where you came from".

As far as who'll vote for him, the flag wavers that stand behind their man will continue to do so...stupid automatons or simply racists themselves.

I voted Dem in the last Presidential race. If Kerry (pre-election) had said some shit like that, I'd have voted for someone else...even Bush.:pinch:

Many people can't do that 'cause they are fucking idiots and vote their party no matter what.

So Biden wasn't as racist because he wasn't insulting a black?

I have news for you:

There are just as many, if not more, racists among the ranks of democrats.

They also are afflicted with "...fucking idiots (who) vote their party no matter what...".

Racism is racism...being black doesn't entitle you to have suffered a worse brand of it than anybody else.

Remember Bryant Gumbel?

Busyman
08-16-2006, 01:18 PM

I have news for you:

They also are afflicted with "...fucking idiots (who) vote their party no matter what...".

Racism is racism...being black doesn't entitle you to have suffered a worse brand of it than anybody else.

Remember Bryant Gumbel?
George Allen wasn't even talking about a black person. He was talking about an Indian descendent(born in Virginia I might add). Get your shit straight before it pours outta your mouth.

You have a habit of trying to inject "black" when it isn't there. I called good ole Boy George a racist by calling a person of Indian descent a derogatory name. Where the fuck did you get that I call a person racist only when talking about blacks?

You are an idiot.

I also have news for you:

Saying something about folks with "accents" is not racist. It's xenophobia (and barely that).
Dumb for a politician to say? Absolutely.

Funny enough, for a long time, I only saw folks with accents working in the 7/11.:dabs:
Racist comment? Not at all.

Busyman
08-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Hmm. Just to show how people screw up quotes. I found this...

In thanking a young Indian-American man for the support of his Indian-American group, Sen. Biden touts how Indians are the fastest growing immigrant group in Delaware and says, "You CANNOT go into a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts without an Indian accent."

He's a fucking idiot too. Can't go in? Wha?

j2k4
08-16-2006, 08:33 PM

I have news for you:

Remember Bryant Gumbel?
George Allen wasn't even talking about a black person. He was talking about an Indian descendent(born in Virginia I might add). Get your shit straight before it pours outta your mouth.

I realize he was referring to a person of Asian-Indian descent.

My shit is absolutely straight.

Your suffer a selective hyper-sensitivity to racism often exhibited by blacks in this country, and, in support of that statement, I offer your postage re: the Gumbel/Winter Olympics thread.

It really is just that simple.

You have a habit of trying to inject "black" when it isn't there. I called good ole Boy George a racist by calling a person of Indian descent a derogatory name. Where the fuck did you get that I call a person racist only when talking about blacks?

I didn't, as I just explained.

In fact, I don't have a problem with your problem with "good ole boy George".

Surprised, eh?

You are an idiot.

It seems that's the case everytime I call you on something or have a bit of a jape at your expense.

As I said: hyper-sensitive.

Saying something about folks with "accents" is not racist. It's xenophobia (and barely that).

You have news for me?

You are the one who used the term racist, which you now say has been mis-used.

By whom?

In any case, racism and xenophobia are, for our purposes, interchangeable.

Funny enough, for a long time, I only saw folks with accents working in the 7/11.:dabs:

True, but I believe you (and Gumbel) have dispensation in case of an unfortunate slip, so it's all good, right?

In my book, anyone who defends racism is a racist as well.

I think this is only logical, however there then arises the difficulty of determining who has trespassed and who hasn't; hence our disagreement.

Oh, well...

GepperRankins
08-16-2006, 09:29 PM
i just heard he had a noose in his office. wtf!?!

Busyman™
08-16-2006, 09:59 PM

I realize he was referring to a person of Asian-Indian descent.

My shit is absolutely straight.

Your suffer a selective hyper-sensitivity to racism often exhibited by blacks in this country, and, in support of that statement, I offer your postage re: the Gumbel/Winter Olympics thread.

It really is just that simple.

Uh..no it isn't. You brought up some shit about blacks when it was nonexistent. I offer up when you said something to the effect of "I would have thought you thought me a racist" (me thinking that of you). That was out of left field back then as it is now.

I didn't, as I just explained.

In fact, I don't have a problem with your problem with "good ole boy George".

Surprised, eh?

No (left field again). You CAN'T have a problem with it.

You are an idiot.

It seems that's the case everytime I call you on something or have a bit of a jape at your expense.

As I said: hyper-sensitive.

Oh you mean when you come up with shit about me being black when it wasn't in the convo. Sure you're an idiot.

You have news for me?

You are the one who used the term racist, which you now say has been mis-used.

By whom?

In any case, racism and xenophobia are, for our purposes, interchangeable.

No it isn't. vid said accents. Accents don't determine race. brats have accents. brats aren't a race.

True, but I believe you (and Gumbel) have dispensation in case of an unfortunate slip, so it's all good, right?

I think this is only logical, however there then arises the difficulty of determining who has trespassed and who hasn't; hence our disagreement.

Oh, well...

Well yes there is difference between a person calling someone a derogatory name and adding to it by making remarks as if they don't belong here and a person saying that an area is populated by India...fuck, Biden's comment didn't even make sense.

To clarify your idiocy, you made comment about well fuck it here's your dumbass quote..

What about my comment about George Allen? He wasn't insulting a black.

Make fucking sense next time and don't even bother to fluff it with this "well what I meant was that blacks are over-sensitive about race" shit.:dry:

Mr JP Fugley
08-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Get your shit straight before it pours outta your mouth.

You are an idiot.

Saying something about folks with "accents" is not racist. It's xenophobia

:glag:

That is fantastiche in so many ways.

If you didn't exist people would have to make you up. If for nothing else to give hope to the hard of thinking.

vidcc
08-16-2006, 10:47 PM
No it isn't. vid said accents. Accents don't determine race. brats have accents. brats aren't a race I agree with that, accents do not determine race............... However................ if one includes the name of a specific race before using the word "accent" then I think a specific race is pretty much implicated in the comment.

I shall use your quote.Which wasn't entirely accurate either (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIT3jUrNTX0) ;)

"You CANNOT go into a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts without an Indian accent."

Anyway the point I was making was that such remarks are made all the time by both sides.....and all races. I could have said his comment was "as bad as" instead of "no worse"
This is not an excuse. Those running for office need to be extra sensitive and think before they speak.

So what determines if a comment is racist? is it the intent behind it or the offense taken?
The world is full of people who tell politically incorrect jokes, are they all racists/sexist etc. etc.?

There are of course unmistakable racist comments and they are inexcusable, but everyone makes comments that can be taken the wrong way depending on who is listening.

Back to Allen: I'm not sure the latest explaination is any better.:unsure:

What does Macaca really mean? Three Virginia Republicans confirmed to the Hotline that several Allen campaign aides and advisers are telling allies that the word was a made-up, off-the-cuff neologism that these aides occasionally used to refer to tracker S.R. Sidarth well before last Saturday's videotaped encounter.

According to two Republicans who heard the word used, "macaca" was a mash-up of "Mohawk," referring to Sidarth's distinctive hair, and "caca," Spanish slang for excrement, or "shit."

Said one Republican close to the campaign: "In other words, he was a shit-head, an annoyance." Allen, according to Republicans, heard members of his traveling entourage and Virginia Republicans use the phrase and picked it up.
It was the first word that came to his mind when he spied Sidarth at the weekend's event, according to Republicans who have been briefed on Allen's version of the event.

"No he wasn't calling him a monkey, he was calling him a shithead"

j2k4
08-16-2006, 11:18 PM

Oh, well...

Well yes there is difference between a person calling someone a derogatory name and adding to it by making remarks as if they don't belong here and a person saying that an area is populated by India...fuck, Biden's comment didn't even make sense.

To clarify your idiocy, you made comment about well fuck it here's your dumbass quote..

What about my comment about George Allen? He wasn't insulting a black.

Make fucking sense next time and don't even bother to fluff it with this "well what I meant was that blacks are over-sensitive about race" shit.:dry:

No fluff.

I won't bother with you from now on.

Busyman™
08-17-2006, 12:21 AM
I agree with that, accents do not determine race............... However................ if one includes the name of a specific race before using the word "accent" then I think a specific race is pretty much implicated in the comment.

I shall use your quote.Which wasn't entirely accurate either (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIT3jUrNTX0) ;)

"You CANNOT go into a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts without an Indian accent."

Anyway the point I was making was that such remarks are made all the time by both sides.....and all races. I could have said his comment was "as bad as" instead of "no worse"
This is not an excuse. Those running for office need to be extra sensitive and think before they speak.

So what determines if a comment is racist? is it the intent behind it or the offense taken?
The world is full of people who tell politically incorrect jokes, are they all racists/sexist etc. etc.?

There are of course unmistakable racist comments and they are inexcusable, but everyone makes comments that can be taken the wrong way depending on who is listening.

Back to Allen: I'm not sure the latest explaination is any better.:unsure:

What does Macaca really mean? Three Virginia Republicans confirmed to the Hotline that several Allen campaign aides and advisers are telling allies that the word was a made-up, off-the-cuff neologism that these aides occasionally used to refer to tracker S.R. Sidarth well before last Saturday's videotaped encounter.

According to two Republicans who heard the word used, "macaca" was a mash-up of "Mohawk," referring to Sidarth's distinctive hair, and "caca," Spanish slang for excrement, or "shit."

Said one Republican close to the campaign: "In other words, he was a shit-head, an annoyance." Allen, according to Republicans, heard members of his traveling entourage and Virginia Republicans use the phrase and picked it up.
It was the first word that came to his mind when he spied Sidarth at the weekend's event, according to Republicans who have been briefed on Allen's version of the event.

"No he wasn't calling him a monkey, he was calling him a shithead"

My first response was to your quote (it said nothing about race). Later I saw the quote on a website. I never saw the video. Later I said that Joe Biden was an idiot. Would term his remarks racist? I still don't. His remarks were idiotic but maybe I'm looking at intent.

Now good ole Boy George's intent was to harm, be derogatory and racist. He was around his fellow "clan members" laughing, joking, and having a good ole boy time spouting off his racism at a fellow American's expense.

So for the third or whatever time (for j2), they both are idiots and good ole Boy George was worse.

@j2 - If I was so overly-sensitive about racism, me being black and all, why is it I haven't jumped all over both white men about their remarks. Yeah I bet you won't bother and it's fine by me.:ermm:

Thanks for the vid...uh, vid.;)

I wonder who actually believes that caca explanation from the Repub aides? Apparently we have all been spelling it wrong...it's Mo-caca..a damn amalgamation of two words. The fook? :blink:

Formula1
08-17-2006, 12:42 AM
George Allen is a dumbass. Knowing this country of mine, people will probably still vote the guy in.:ermm:
I just love it when "the good ole boys" get together and speak their mind.

Dumbass George Allen (http://www.youtube.com/watch_fullscreen?video_id=9G7gq7GQ71c&l=61&t=OEgsToPDskJ9m9gZPnbUxHiAlV-5nnpl&nc=16763904&fs=1&title=Allen's Listening Tour)

next time you link to a you tube video, can you just link the webpage it is hosted on? fullscreen are blurry and have terrible resolutions..