PDA

View Full Version : do i cheat

zizaziz
08-16-2006, 11:38 AM
a bit of tricky question here
i leeched one torrent file from one site and attempt to seed it in 3 sites as they seem to have the same file up
do i cheat if i do it simaltaniosly at all 3? :stars:
i wonder if there's anything wrong with it

ronscores
08-16-2006, 12:15 PM
a bit of tricky question here
i leeched one torrent file from one site and attempt to seed it in 3 sites as they seem to have the same file up
do i cheat if i do it simaltaniosly at all 3? :stars:
i wonder if there's anything wrong with it

I guess you ain't cheating, though, the pros may answer you better.
Yeah, and I've seen ppl doing this too (They comment they've got it from another site, but will still help seed), so you must be good to go.

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2006, 12:19 PM
if u copy the file 3 times & u're seeding 4 each site seperatly it's ok.
if u try 2 seed all 3 together u will b banned !!!

zizaziz
08-16-2006, 12:22 PM
if u copy the file 3 times & u're seeding 4 each site seperatly it's ok.
if u try 2 seed all 3 together u will b banned !!!

right i was talking of doing them at the same time

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2006, 01:08 PM
u can seed 3 same torrents for 3 different sites, but like i wrote b4 - u'll need 2 duplicate the files.
u can't use the same files of a torrent 2 seed simultaneously at 3 different sites.

zizaziz
08-16-2006, 01:20 PM
well. i dont think its possible to keep the files with the same in the same folder
i'd better not tempt it and just take a time

RudeYute
08-16-2006, 01:22 PM
I thought it was possible to use the same files, just so long as you make a new torrent with the new trackers?

I've done that before on private sites and never got banned.

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2006, 01:28 PM
I thought it was possible to use the same files, just so long as you make a new torrent with the new trackers?

I've done that before on private sites and never got banned.

U're r8 !
Izizaziz wanted 2 seed simultaneously the same files but in 3 different sites. that's impossible.

reiden
08-16-2006, 02:00 PM
No problem in that,
just make sure you create seperate torrents for each trackers , you can use the same data to seed them all.

Chewie
08-16-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm currently seeding the same fileset on one tracker that I got from another. I haven't copied, merely stopped seeding on the tracker I got them from and downloaded the torrent from the second site to seed there.
It's slow going with a connection like mine but helps my ratio for when I find something I want.

j0hn
08-16-2006, 02:23 PM
u can seed 3 same torrents for 3 different sites, but like i wrote b4 - u'll need 2 duplicate the files.
u can't use the same files of a torrent 2 seed simultaneously at 3 different sites.
yes u can
everyday i download a film from 1 site, and seed the same film, to 3 or 4 other sites, greatly boosting my ratio.

u just need to download the .torrent file from the 2nd. 3rd site whent he torrents done, and point the download location to the same place as the file u downloaded. then ask utorrent to do a "force recheck"

if it then says u have 100% of the torrent, seed away. if not, they are incompatible. scene releases shouldn't be changed at all or renamed, but sometimes they differ, cos ppl have made changes. if this is the case tough luck.

Xsensei
08-16-2006, 02:24 PM
I know 3 or 4 sites where you'll get banned for this...:yup:

T.r.u.m.p.y
08-16-2006, 02:32 PM
i can see no problem in this,
sites forbid using the torrents (peers) and not the files u have in other sites
as far as i know
as long as its a scene release and not a special site pack or something similar...

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2006, 02:40 PM
yes u can
everyday i download a film from 1 site, and seed the same film, to 3 or 4 other sites, greatly boosting my ratio.

u just need to download the .torrent file from the 2nd. 3rd site whent he torrents done, and point the download location to the same place as the file u downloaded. then ask utorrent to do a "force recheck"

if it then says u have 100% of the torrent, seed away. if not, they are incompatible. scene releases shouldn't be changed at all or renamed, but sometimes they differ, cos ppl have made changes. if this is the case tough luck.

Didn't u read what I wrote ?
ofcourse u can...
I talking about seeding 3 diff. trackers at the same time without changing the torrent file.....
Edit:
I always download from 1 site & if I find the same torrent at a different site I seed & seed & seed :-)
Another Edit:
So exciting - I didn't even noticed..I got the second star. whoo :w00t: :w00t:

Evandro
08-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Dr. Lecter is 100% right. When You download one torrent from tracker x You can seed it on tracker y of course if the torrent is exactly the same. And like Dr. Lecter said, You only can't seed it on more than one tracker at the same time. Seeding a torrent on a different tracker is very often used by many users to increase their ratio.