PDA

View Full Version : laptop wont turn on

gunot
08-16-2006, 04:14 PM
hi, my laptop wont turn on, when i press the power button nothing happens, i have tried with power cord in/out, battery in/out everything, nothing works.
tha laptop is a sony vaio under the laptop model is listed as PCG 7A2L but it is also something along the lines of VGN FS560(or 660).
its a centrino 1.7ghz, 1 gig ram, windows xp home, 80 gb harddrive

any help would be much appreciated

zapjb
08-16-2006, 08:45 PM
List any other problems you were having previously.

And again you say nothing turns on? No fan nor light?

gunot
08-16-2006, 10:04 PM
no problems before the bike was perfect no problems ever since ive had for almost one year, and no lights no fan nothing turns on

Virtualbody1234
08-16-2006, 10:21 PM
no problems before the bike was perfect no problems ever since ive had for almost one year, and no lights no fan nothing turns on

Bike?

Is there power getting to the laptop? Test at the power input point.

gunot
08-16-2006, 10:30 PM

Bike?

lol my bad, i was also posting on another forum regarding my pocket bike, and i got it mixed up sorry bout that,
EDIT: no problems before the laptop was perfect no problems ever since ive had for almost one year, and no lights no fan nothing turns on

and another thing how would i test the power input point.?
thanks

tesco
08-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Bike?

lol my bad, i was also posting on another forum regarding my pocket bike, and i got it mixed up sorry bout that,
EDIT: no problems before the laptop was perfect no problems ever since ive had for almost one year, and no lights no fan nothing turns on

and another thing how would i test the power input point.?
thanksIf you have a multimeter/voltmeter/tester you can use that to test the power at the end of the power cord to see if you're getting any voltage.
If not then the laptop probably drained the battery and that's why nothing will turn on.

Could be a prob with the power button or motherboard though.

colonblow87
08-18-2006, 12:15 AM
Try removing the battery and run on AC. I had this happen with two laptops where the battery was somehow shorting the laptop while in it. When I removed the batt it worked fine.
It's worth a try.

Tempestv
08-18-2006, 12:27 AM
any idea if the batterys should be charged or are they dead? if the laptop won't run on a charged battery, it presents a whole new host of problems

gunot
08-18-2006, 02:18 AM
Try removing the battery and run on AC. I had this happen with two laptops where the battery was somehow shorting the laptop while in it. When I removed the batt it worked fine.
It's worth a try.

i did try that, one of first things i did, no luck as for the charge on the battery i am not aware if the battery was or was not fully charged or if it is currently at this moment

erRor67
08-18-2006, 05:08 AM
I had a similar problem on my laptop before. I would turn it on and nothing would happen. The screen would turn on but go black. No CD or harddrive activity. I couldnt even get to the bios menu. Finally, I opened up the laptop and cleaned the area for dust but put everything back together. Turned it on and it worked!

So I dont know, maybe its a loose screw or dust. Try cleaning it.

gunot
08-20-2006, 11:23 PM
yea but for mine, the screen doesnt even turn on or nething, the lights dont work no fans, no bios startup, nothing

Peerzy
08-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Did it just stop working all of a sudden or had you not used it in a certain amount of time and you've found it like this.

Why not contact Sony or the place where you brought it?

You've had it almost 1 year? Sony should still be covering it under it's warranty, give them a shout.