PDA

View Full Version : Learnbits.org hacked

googz
08-17-2006, 09:50 AM
am a memebr of learnbits.org we were recently hacked i think twice even guys took every upload torrents we had to start from scratch.
Guys be on the lookout i thot i could neva happen but it did.

nedkat
08-17-2006, 10:57 PM
I've heard about this going on. Someone out there has a beef with torrent sites.

nadeem111as
08-17-2006, 11:40 PM
ya i heard acoubt it
they lost huge no of torrent

zephyr2005
08-18-2006, 12:35 AM
That's sad to hear :(

scrambler
08-18-2006, 04:41 AM
that is sad to hear. Hope they bounce back up anyway

EvanUnisil
08-18-2006, 11:27 AM
This is getting out of hand, unless you're the RIAA what have you got against Torrent sites?

ghurka
08-18-2006, 11:54 AM
This is getting out of hand, unless you're the RIAA what have you got against Torrent sites?

Most of the sites brought down in the last few months were done by disgruntled ex-staff.

EvanUnisil
08-18-2006, 12:05 PM

Most of the sites brought down in the last few months were done by disgruntled ex-staff.

Ha ha go figure. Shows why they had to get rid of them. They're not trustworthy! I just think it's a shame though. What a waste of talent.

Chewie
08-18-2006, 08:58 PM

Ha ha go figure. Shows why they had to get rid of them. They're not trustworthy! I just think it's a shame though. What a waste of talent.
I think that before mnaking such a sweeping statement, one should wonder why the staff may be disgruntled.

wanderlust
08-26-2006, 04:44 PM
In these days, we should all be cooperating, not in-fighting, and it is sad to see anyone, whether disgruntled ex-members, rival sites, or moody geeks take down sites for revenge or simply fun.
Most of the sites recently attacked were smaller private sites, run by guys interested in torrenting for guys interested in torrenting. No commercial interest involved anywhere.
Of course these sites are easy targets compared to the commercial ones who have the funds to pay for the latest in security design from the professionals.

It has meant that those sites that are honourable are, however, brought closer together as they give mutual aid to the coders of the sites to try to prevent repeat attacks, and those suspected of misbehaviour become excluded.
Because of this mutual cooperation it is hitting other maliefactors such as cheats and Hit&Runners as sites exchange details about these.

Yes, Learnbits.org was takenn down, but the end result was better for all users in that the new build is more secure, and cooperation between learning sites has been greatly improved. After all it is not a competition - there is plenty room for us all. It was gratifying to see the users at Learnbits club together to get as many of the torrents that they could back up as soon as they could, so we could carry on as if nothing had happened...... Thanks to those both inside and outside of LearnBits who helped, you will know who you are....

As for invites, - I have nothing against posting invites, but just bear in mind that if you give out invites to peeps you don't know, at least by reputation, you risk your own account at these sites too. If you invite a gross leecher or cheat, or malicious user to a site of which you are a user, you risk being banned too when (not if) they are caught out. It would be an ideal world if you could trust everyone that posted here and on other sites, but unfortunately, that is not the case, and in general, the more malicious the malefactor, the nicer he will appear to you until it is too late !

ownage
08-26-2006, 05:53 PM
It would be an ideal world if you could trust everyone that posted here and on other sites, but unfortunately, that is not the case, and in general, the more malicious the malefactor, the nicer he will appear to you until it is too late !

So you suggest ppl should only invite net-bullys and grunts? :naughty:

wanderlust
08-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Far from it, ownage.
What I am suggesting is invite only those you know, or research those you don't.
If someone asked me for an invite to a site, and I wasn't familiar with their nick, I'd ask them for the sites of which they were a member, and visit those of which I was a member, check on their ratio, etc., possibly PM them on that site to make sure it WAS the same person, then consider inviting them.
Depends also on the policy of the site to which the invites were being requested. Some sites like to remain very private, and have rules on who you invite, others are desperate for members and don't really care initially about quality as much as quantity.
Personally, I like to invite 'friends' and 'accquaintances' but if asked straight out by a stranger will check up on the person, and 9 times out of 10, provide them with the requested invite. I would expect people who are members on sites where I am staff, or of which I am a member, to be careful who they invite.
I am, of course, talking about the smaller or fairly private sites, where I feel privileged to be a member, such as Learnbits.org.......

TorrentJunky
08-26-2006, 06:51 PM
hey could someone who already has an learnbits.org account invite me in...?
It would be better to let your 30 days of signing up complete so you can post in the Invite section and your post will be more noticable to fellow members:rolleyes: :P

wanderlust
08-26-2006, 07:15 PM
And can I add, gbabyliveson, that I wasn't rubbishing your request,
- I too have to wait my 30 days before being able to access that part of the site !

gamer4eva
08-26-2006, 07:25 PM
The rules say you cannot request or give invites....i guess the part where someone PM's you telling you some e-learning sites is ok....but the 'probably be quite glad to provide you with an invite' part wont do.:lol:

roc69x
08-26-2006, 07:39 PM
I just joined and it had 280+ torrent. They must have quickly restored the site.
I have not noticed any slowdowns or anything.

gamer4eva
08-26-2006, 07:54 PM
I just joined and it had 280+ torrent. They must have quickly restored the site.
I have not noticed any slowdowns or anything.

Never used the site since day one.:lol: