PDA

View Full Version : Simcity4 Wont Work! :(

DaleButt
05-05-2003, 11:55 AM
I downloaded all the SimCity 4 files and burned them two discs (disc 1 and disc2). I inserted the first disc and it installed by itself fine, then it asked me for the second disc and it continued fine. But after the installation finished there was nothing, and the disc drive light was on permanently until an error came up asking me to send the information off! I tried launching the application from the computer with the disc in(ive tried both discs) and the same error happens. Its all there but I cant play it!! :swear: Please can somebody help!!! It took ages to download and now I cant use it :'( thx.

nhawk
05-05-2003, 03:14 PM
I have a working version not downloaded version that works. IF there's requests I can post it up.

nhawk
05-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Try replacing the exe file (located in the apps directory) and see.

File:SimCity 4.exe
Length:7438336 Bytes,7264KB
UUHash:=phWNgeY6chNOIbF+6YO3j2Ga3kg=

DaleButt
05-06-2003, 05:05 PM
wot do u mean replace the file?? replace with wot?? :blink:

Ultimate X
05-07-2003, 01:52 AM
did u use a crack

nhawk
05-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Some games require a crack to work. The crack is built into the .exe file. So try replacing (overwrite) simcity4.exe and see if that works.

DaleButt
05-10-2003, 04:23 PM
i tried using a NO CD PATCH, it works once!!!....but then NEVER AGAIN!!! after trying again, it goes to a black screen for a few seconds then back to windows and nuthin happens. i tried uninstalling and reinstallin the game, it worked once, but then never again. i even tried using the patch again, but it still wouldn't work. :( plzzzzz help!!!

DaleButt
05-12-2003, 10:09 PM
OK I'm getting really unhappy now!! I wish some1 could help me!!! I'm now having asimilar problem with Thief: The Dark Project (another game which I downloaded off Kazaa recently). The Thief title screen loads up, I load all the settings as normal, but as the actual game is about to start, it quits back to desktop!!. As with SimCity 4, as soon as i load it, it quits to desktop!! Somethings not right....surely someone can help me?!?!?!?! PLZ!!! :o :( :'(

pmbuzz
05-12-2003, 10:43 PM
Most of these games come with "cracks" which bypass the copy protection etc.

I think you'll find the crack for SimCity4 is located on CD1, copy it (you may have to rename it to "simcity4.exe") and drop it in to the folder where Simcity4 is installed (e.g. C:\program files\maxis\simcity4) so that it replaces the original "simcity4.exe" file.

Play the game.

Btw..........i suggest changing the size/colour of your font when posting ........... looks awful.

:)

[BuZz]

jetje
05-13-2003, 07:57 AM
All games will have a *.NFO file or a *.diz file..raed those. Info on how to install and play are most likely in there... B)

DaleButt
05-13-2003, 05:46 PM
lol i guess i was going a bit OTT with the text!!

anyway, i found the crack file on CD1, copied to where u said and replaced the original file (i backed it up too just in case), but i get a differeent error this time! a warning comes up saying:
'The configuration files (Graphics Rules.sgr) cannot be parsed. Using built in rules.'
Then I press ok and this comes up:
'Unable to find game data. This is likely to be an installation problem or operating system problem.'
GRRRR!!! Is it me?? Am I cursed or something?? :'(
Can you help plz??

DaleButt
05-14-2003, 06:56 AM
btw i also noticed that just before th eprogram closes, thanks to xp's slow taskbar, ive managed to notice that the program used is called something like 'GDriver'....just to let you know...dont know whether its important or not.....

:'( plzzzzzzzzzz help!!!

monkeyhead
05-14-2003, 05:12 PM
i reckon it is ur comp