PDA

View Full Version : Direct Links Legal?

Dedalus^
08-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Hey,

I was wondering if Direct Links to downloads (ie. mp3, rars) are legal in the United States and Canada?

The download location would be a site like rapidshare etc.. or just another site in general. Would that be legal?

-Dracophi

suprafreak6
08-20-2006, 03:06 AM
depends, if the person downloading it, actually own's the file or whatnot, then its legal, but if you are filesharing that way, its not legal, many sites have tons of links to uploads on rapidshare, try looking for them!

limesqueezer
08-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Its legal as long its free, nothing is legal that sells somewhere and elsewhere downloads for free, kind of logical.

gamer4eva
08-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Its legal as long its free, nothing is legal that sells somewhere and elsewhere downloads for free, kind of logical.

Also if the product has no licence like some anime cartoons have no licence therefore it is ok to dl them as far as i know.:lol:

limesqueezer
08-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Legal or not its always ok to download everything ;P, thats the reason ppl have internet nowdays. share share share & less money for artists. There are few countries that have legal downloads of full albums from sites, but not in usa or any english spoken country as i know. In usa u can stream only from 30 seconds to 1 minute, while in some countries u can stream full songs without paying and u can download for free like in old napster, mp3.com & audiogalaxy days.