PDA

View Full Version : How much do you get paid an hour?

coppercox
08-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Just curious to see what the fellow members make... any millionaires with too much time on their hands? Burger flippers trying to make ends meet? Me, well, $30 an hour in the south and livin' pretty well thanks to good financial management.

Seedler
08-25-2006, 03:31 PM
12.35/hour lifeguarding.

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 03:33 PM
What a crass question.

coppercox
08-25-2006, 03:39 PM
What a crass question.

...and crass answer....just a question...if you're curious about something shouldn't you ask????? duh...

Cheese
08-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Too much for what I do, I'm actually at work now getting paid whilst I answer this (crass) question.

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 03:43 PM
What a crass question.

...and crass answer....just a question...if you're curious about something shouldn't you ask????? duh...

No, not if it's rude.

Or do you believe that it's OK to ask anything, simply to indulge your curiosity.

Oh and, just to be accurate, it wasn't an answer, it was a comment. "I'm not telling you because the question is crass" would have been an answer.

NikkiD
08-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Not enough for the work I do. On the other hand, I, like Cheese, am getting paid whilst answering this.

Speaking of which, I'm bored. I have 3 computers in various stages of being built, none of which I can do anything with until they finish. I think someone should phone me at work and entertain me whilst I wait.

Barbarossa
08-25-2006, 03:52 PM
I have no idea

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Not enough for the work I do. On the other hand, I, like Cheese, am getting paid whilst answering this.

I like Cheese as well, but I'm not going to say it here. When you say like, do you mean like, like.

Cheese
08-25-2006, 03:55 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon12.gif

NikkiD
08-25-2006, 03:56 PM

I like Cheese as well, but I'm not going to say it here. When you say like, do you mean like, like.

Well I suppose I do mean like, like. But don't tell anyone I said that.

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Yes but is it LIKE, like, like.

NikkiD
08-25-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm not saying. If I tell you, you're going to tell him, and then everyone will know.

Spider_dude
08-25-2006, 04:13 PM
what will junno say? :shock:

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm not saying. If I tell you, you're going to tell him, and then everyone will know.

Promise I won't say, just tell me.

coppercox
08-25-2006, 04:45 PM
No, not if it's rude.

Or do you believe that it's OK to ask anything, simply to indulge your curiosity.

Oh and, just to be accurate, it wasn't an answer, it was a comment. "I'm not telling you because the question is crass" would have been an answer

Rude? I think that is a legitimate opening to a topic that a lot of people are curious about...although i meet strangers all the time in person I usually don't ask them questions such as this since some are uncomfortable answering (sound like someone?).....that is why I join forums such as these where I can ask questions without feeling uncomfortable or making anyone else feel that way....these are questions people normally don't get answers to in the real world... Looking at your posts I see you like to "comment" a lot.

I'm usually blunt and straightforward...some people can handle it and some can't ...I was never one to fall in line with the rest of the hoi polloi... As for asking anything here...no, some topics are verboten even in my opinion...but how much ya make an hour???? geez!!!! I think you need to turn your sensitivity button down when ya read my posts.

By the way, what's your waist size?

NikkiD
08-25-2006, 04:50 PM

See??? Now everyone knows!! I'm like, soooo embarrassed!! My life is over!!

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 04:51 PM
No, not if it's rude.

Oh and, just to be accurate, it wasn't an answer, it was a comment. "I'm not telling you because the question is crass" would have been an answer

Rude? I think that is a legitimate opening to a topic that a lot of people are curious about...although i meet strangers all the time in person I usually don't ask them questions such as this since some are uncomfortable answering (sound like someone?).....that is why I join forums such as these where I can ask questions without feeling uncomfortable or making anyone else feel that way....these are questions people normally don't get answers to in the real world... Looking at your posts I see you like to "comment" a lot.

I'm usually blunt and straightforward...some people can handle it and some can't ...I was never one to fall in line with the rest of the hoi polloi... As for asking anything here...no, some topics are verboten even in my opinion...but how much ya make an hour???? geez!!!! I think you need to turn your sensitivity button down when ya read my posts.

By the way, what's your waist size?

:lol: Interweb hardman ftw. My favourite bit was whe you called me "pops".

"I'm usually blunt and straightforward...some people can handle it and some can't". One wonders if I'll be able to handle your "in yer face" posting style. We'll just have to see how it goes, won't we.

Oh and re your style, the ellipsis and commma are not interchangeable. You might want to sort that out.

coppercox
08-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Interweb hardman ftw. My favourite bit was whe you called me "pops".

"I'm usually blunt and straightforward...some people can handle it and some can't". One wonders if I'll be able to handle your "in yer face" posting style. We'll just have to see how it goes, won't we.

Oh and re your style, the ellipsis and commma are not interchangeable. You might want to sort that out.

okay, i apologize for the "pops" remark....i tried editing after I posted it but I wasn't quick enough....

well, you have been here quite a bit longer than I so I figure you've seen every facet there is...another noob with an "in yer face" attitude....oh well, you dealt with the past ones so you'll deal with me also....after all ya will still be on this forum long after i tire of it.....

as for the ellipsis and commmas (sic).....your occupation: English teacher (maybe a professor)... Hourly Pay: $23.46 (unless you're a professor!)

manker
08-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Is there someone, anyone, who will use the ellipsis correctly. It's three full stops with a space either side of them. Not four, not five and they should certainly not link the words they are supposed to be separating.

FFS, it's not difficult.

manker
08-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Oh, to answer the thread title, I earn $23.46 per hour.

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 05:32 PM
Interweb hardman ftw. My favourite bit was whe you called me "pops".

okay, i apologize for the "pops" remark....i tried editing after I posted it but I wasn't quick enough....

well, you have been here quite a bit longer than I so I figure you've seen every facet there is...another noob with an "in yer face" attitude....oh well, you dealt with the past ones so you'll deal with me also....after all ya will still be on this forum long after i tire of it.....

as for the ellipsis and commmas (sic).....your occupation: English teacher (maybe a professor)... Hourly Pay: $23.46 (unless you're a professor!)

Do you chaps never, ever get the irony of a spelling mistake when correcting someone's use of English. It makes me sic.

What makes you assume everyone has an hourly rate.

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 05:34 PM

You wouldn't get out of bed for that, cawkbreath. Or $30 for that matter.

FFS you would get out of bed for 30 of the Queen's English pounds per hour.

coppercox
08-25-2006, 05:36 PM
Is there someone, anyone, who will use the ellipsis correctly. It's three full stops with a space either side of them. Not four, not five and they should certainly not link the words they are supposed to be separating.

FFS, it's not difficult.

Lol...I see Mr. JP Fugley has brought in reinforcements...Are ye British? Or do ye prefer English? Have ye come to gang up on the Crass American? To show him that he cannot be brash on this forum.

not difficult for an Englishman....but I'm American...so I have to make things difficult...It's in me nature boys!!!

The original topic question: How much do you get paid an hour? This crass American is curious!!!!

NikkiD
08-25-2006, 05:37 PM

You wouldn't get out of bed for that, cawkbreath. Or $30 for that matter.

FFS you would get out of bed for 30 of the Queen's English pounds per hour.

So manker likes to sleep, then.

EDIT: OOOOOOH.... coppercox makes a rather large faux pas. Let's see what happens shall we.

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 05:42 PM

FFS, it's not difficult.

Lol...I see Mr. JP Fugley has brought in reinforcements...Are ye British? Or do ye prefer English? Have ye come to gang up on the Crass American? To show him that he cannot be brash on this forum.

not difficult for an Englishman....but I'm American...so I have to make things difficult...It's in me nature boys!!!

The original topic question: How much do you get paid an hour? This crass American is curious!!!!

Didn't know you were American old bean. You haven't made any such declaration.

Oh and neither manker nor I are English.

One has to wonder why you thought it was an "American" thing.

Proper Bo
08-25-2006, 05:55 PM
£45 for roughly 30 minutes.

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Yeah, but what's your hourly rate.

Proper Bo
08-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Not answering that.....it's too personal.

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Not answering that ..... it's too personal.
OK, does the £45 for half an hour include you giving a blowjob.

Proper Bo
08-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Nope, although last time I did have to pretend to be interested in auctioning fish.

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Nope, although last time I did have to pretend to be interested in auctioning fish.

:blink:

Proper Bo
08-25-2006, 06:08 PM
ghey fish quay jawbs:no2:

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 06:10 PM
That's just making it more bizarre, not less.

Proper Bo
08-25-2006, 06:11 PM
They have a sign on the burd's (public) toilet saying no fish boxes.

fact.

Proper Bo
08-25-2006, 06:15 PM
http://www.fotonet.org.uk/images/reviews/no_fish_boxes.jpg

That's rly at the fish quay in shields.
fact.

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 06:16 PM
They have a sign on the burd's (public) toilet saying no fish boxes.

fact.

:noes:, that's awful. However still a bit :lol:.

HCT
08-25-2006, 07:32 PM
i get paid $8/hour plus around $50 in tips a day

gamer4eva
08-25-2006, 07:37 PM
I get paid nothing....i'm a damn student!!!!!

j2k4
08-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Only my bookkeeper knows for sure, and I can't afford to ask her.

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 08:50 PM

Bet the hourly rate you charge is substantially more than that which you pay the former inmates who work for you now.

Jon L. Obscene
08-25-2006, 09:32 PM

Apples are green.... fact.

Jonno :cool:

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 09:34 PM

Apples are green.... fact.

What about pink one's, they're red.

j2k4
08-25-2006, 10:27 PM

Bet the hourly rate you charge is substantially more than that which you pay the former inmates who work for you now.

Not so much, actually.

I leapt into the breech to save six people losing jobs, and have worked to upgrade service (and hence my charge) via upgraded employee performance.

Wages have risen, and I have slain the turnover problem, but I will never be rich.

In a small town such as my mine, the only move is to diversify, which endeavor I constantly entertain.

Busyman™
08-25-2006, 10:42 PM

Excellent post. It's the motherfucking interfuckingnet, ffs.:huh: Further from that, if it's an issue....................................................................................don't post your wage. :crazy:

Btw, I don't know what my hourly wage is (which is fucking pathetic). We just got a raise round Aug. 6 (contract raise).

I can usually get to $80 grand in a year from just this job and still have a loife. (reminds self to look at hourly wage):unsure:

I used to take surplus (time off, no pay) to daytrade at home but my company won't allow it anymore. They say that it makes it look like less technicians are needed to the bigwigs.:ermm:

Mr JP Fugley
08-25-2006, 10:45 PM

Excellent post.

So answer the question.

Rip The Jacker
08-25-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm not even sure what the hell it is you guys are arguing about... but okay.

I make $7.50 an hour as a projectionist at a movie theatre... and this is after working there for 2 years, and being promoted... I don't make shit. :pinch:

... but the free movies help. :P

Busyman™
08-25-2006, 10:59 PM

I make $7.50 an hour as a projectionist at a movie theatre... and this is after working there for 2 years, and being promoted... I don't make shit. :pinch:

Are you in a union? I remember when I worked at the movie theater (as an usher) the projectionists were unionized loike.

They didn't do shit if it wasn't per contract. They even wouldn't move the heavy ass film cans.:ermm:

coppercox
08-26-2006, 02:19 AM
thank you!!! thank you!!! Busyman AND Rip the Jacker, oh and the englishman that actually answered the question about a dozen posts back!!! Like pulling teeth with some of these clowns to get an answer to my original question. Those wankers couldn't answer a simple question but they could definitely correct my use of ellipsis............yeah!!!

peat moss
08-26-2006, 02:44 AM
What a crass question.

You know did n't read the whole thread ,thought " Fuck You " none of your business . You can't judge a member by what they do for a living , thats the whole fun of it . Share files ,help when needed problem solved . :)

coppercox
08-26-2006, 02:47 AM
What a crass question.

You know did n't read the whole thread ,thought " Fuck You " none of your business . You can't judge a member by what they do for a living , thats the whole fun of it . Share files ,help when needed problem solved . :)

who's judging?

Cheese
08-26-2006, 08:32 AM
To be honest if I got paid too much I'd probably just waste it on clowns, hookers and cocaine.

JPaul
08-26-2006, 09:19 AM
thank you!!! thank you!!! Busyman AND Rip the Jacker, oh and the englishman that actually answered the question about a dozen posts back!!! Like pulling teeth with some of these clowns to get an answer to my original question. Those wankers couldn't answer a simple question but they could definitely correct my use of ellipsis............yeah!!!

:glag:

Necrophag
08-26-2006, 09:21 AM
£7.35

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 10:23 AM
To be honest if I got paid too much I'd probably just waste it on clowns, hookers and cocaine.

:lol: :lol:

MagicNakor
08-26-2006, 10:39 AM
You lot couldn't afford my hourly rate. :snooty:

:shuriken:

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 10:47 AM

Well only a handful of brats plus j2k4 (an American) bother to do that.

Usually the people that have the problem don't wanna be judged.......and that's not really a bad thing. Just don't answer is the answer.

Btw, you are in the Lounge. Don't expect a straight answer about much. It also depends on who's asking.

Btw, I think my hourly is around $32 an hour. $1 off though and that makes a huge difference but I know it's $30+.

Sundays and over 40 hours in a week are time-and-half, after 49 hours is double-time, and holidays are double-time-and-half.

I actually don't like working OT (just worked 2 hrs 30 min of it yesterday:dry: ) and never work weekends (I trade them away).

Your dollar goes much farther than mine (you being in the South). Many folks up here move down there for retirement. I live on a half-acre (I'm more reluctant to say what I spent on my home 'cause I'm embarrased by it :() but can get wayyyyyy more down there at the same price. It really makes me think about moving down there since I have family in South Carolina. However, my home is in a country part of town, I have 1 neighbor and have woods to the left, back, and across the street, yet I'm less than 17 miles from Washington DC.

Very close-by is a roller skating rink, ice-skating rink, Fed Ex Field (where the Washington Redskins play), Verizon Center (where the Wizards play), numerous shopping malls, 35 min. away is the beach (that I really didn't know about), a drive-in movie theater 40 min away (Bengies), etc.

Btw, what state do you live in?

Skweeky
08-26-2006, 11:01 AM
This is rather amusing :lol:

Like JP said, I don't get paid an hourly rate, I have a salary and I'm not inclined to advertise on tinternet how much I make

However, like most of you. I do get paid, like today, to sit with my feet on my desk and read whatever is new on the forum

I must say... I just bought a pair of cowboy boots and a new pair of jeans. I look well cool with my feet on my desk :D

BTW: Another reason for not answering this;

Identity fraud is on the rise. It increased by 500% last year. Income per annum is certainly on of the potential security questions we use at work.

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 11:09 AM
This is rather amusing :lol:

Like JP said, I don't get paid an hourly rate, I have a salary and I'm not inclined to advertise on tinternet how much I make

However, like most of you. I do get paid, like today, to sit with my feet on my desk and read whatever is new on the forum

I must say... I just bought a pair of cowboy boots and a new pair of jeans. I look well cool with my feet on my desk :D

BTW: Another reason for not answering this;

Identity fraud is on the rise. It increased by 500% last year. Income per annum is certainly on of the potential security questions we use at work.

Cool I don't think the question was crass though. I can respect that anyone wouldn't answer. However, I couldn't steal your identity by knowing your salary.:dabs:

One can find another's salary or wage info from simply knowing what they do.:huh:

If you said that you made $50 bucks and hour, how would I steal Sweeky's identity. I can't even get your password to the forum besides taking out a loan in your real name. :1eye:

Skweeky
08-26-2006, 11:32 AM
What if he was living next door to you and was pretending to be someone else?
What if he's just fishing to see what he can get?

I'm not saying it's the case, because it's probably not.

However, I see identity theft cases every day and you don't need that much information to apply for a credit card in someone's name. Funnily enough... how much you earn is one of the key questions.
You don't need passwords, all you need is someone's address, age, income. You don't even need bank details or NI numbers.

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 11:43 AM

However, I see identity theft cases every day and you don't need that much information to apply for a credit card in someone's name. Funnily enough... how much you earn is one of the key questions.
You don't need passwords, all you need is someone's address, age, income. You don't even need bank details or NI numbers.
What you tell a creditor about the amount you make can be bullshit and you'd still get the credit.:dabs: It can't be too outlandish but it can still be bullshit.

It's a bullshit question.

"What's your annual household income?"

Again, all I'd need to know is what a person does for a living to figure out how much they make. That and maybe what area they are in and who they work for.

Still, no ID from your hourly though.

Rip The Jacker
08-26-2006, 11:51 AM

Are you in a union? I remember when I worked at the movie theater (as an usher) the projectionists were unionized loike.

They didn't do shit if it wasn't per contract. They even wouldn't move the heavy ass film cans.:ermm:
No union. =/

We used to have a union, then a bunch of people got tired of losing 4 bucks to the union every paycheck, so the union was voted out of the way. Shit I hate it when we get new prints, the film cans weigh a TON. And then we have to move the entire prints, which are also heavy... now I know why I wake up with backpain every morning. :(

I'm confused... what are you thanking me for? :huh:

Mr JP Fugley
08-26-2006, 11:52 AM

Yeah but what has busy told us about himself. What he does for a living, where he works, his colour and height, nature of his injuries, where his house is, with a description of it, how much land he has round it, how many people live in his house, the type of car he drives, what his hourly rate is.

How on Earth would anyone have any prospect of identifying him.

Mr JP Fugley
08-26-2006, 11:54 AM

What you tell a creditor about the amount you make can be bullshit and you'd still get the credit.

Fraudulent credit applications is a criminal offence in this Country tho'.

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 12:07 PM

No union. =/

We used to have a union, then a bunch of people got tired of losing 4 bucks to the union every paycheck, so the union was voted out of the way. Shit I hate it when we get new prints, the film cans weigh a TON. And then we have to move the entire prints, which are also heavy... now I know why I wake up with backpain every morning. :(

Answering the question.:ermm:

Yeah I had to move the cans for them when I was an usher.:dry:

Btw, if the union got it's members a $1 (or even 50 cents) raise an hour when you otherwise wouldn't have had one (or not as soon) then $4 a paycheck is small potatoes.

Besides that unions have other advantages besides paycheck increases.

Spider_dude
08-26-2006, 12:39 PM
No union. =/

Btw, if the union got it's members a $1 (or even 50 cents) raise an hour when you otherwise wouldn't have had one (or not as soon) then $4 a paycheck is small potatoes.

yeah they're great for cheap drinks and shagging dirty student burds.

Mr JP Fugley
08-26-2006, 12:44 PM
No union. =/

yeah they're great for cheap drinks and shagging dirty student burds.

:babumdish:

clocker
08-26-2006, 02:34 PM
But you can afford to sleep with her.

How odd.

Lilmiss
08-26-2006, 03:32 PM
I haven't had a pay rise in years even though I've been promoted several times.

Although, I did make £6 volunteering for 20 minutes yesserday. :happy:

Mr JP Fugley
08-26-2006, 03:44 PM

That's £18/hour, or about $34, which is around 13% more than that coppercox chap.

If he earns $30/hour and works a 40 hour week that's $1200 per week. If we assume he gets paid holidays that's $62,000 / annum before tax.

If however we asume 4 weeks unpaid leave then that's say $57,600 / annum again before any taxes.

Or between £30,000 and £33,000 UK equivelant.

I have no idea what the relevant cost of living differences would be, or indeed how much of that would go to the IRS.

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 04:38 PM

See now I can take out a loan in your name.:shifty:

j2k4
08-26-2006, 04:58 PM
But you can afford to sleep with her.

How odd.

That's 'cuz I married her before I hired her.

The only difference now is that we can't talk about money in bed; she says she'd have to charge me for that.

coppercox
08-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Btw, what state do you live in?

I live in Texas. Think it ranked in the top 5 this year in the lowest cost of living in the nation. With overtime (time and a half) I can get more (without my wife's help :) ) but rarely need the extra cash....I am satisfied.

coppercox
08-26-2006, 05:11 PM

That's £18/hour, or about $34, which is around 13% more than that coppercox chap.

If he earns $30/hour and works a 40 hour week that's $1200 per week. If we assume he gets paid holidays that's $62,000 / annum before tax.

If however we asume 4 weeks unpaid leave then that's say $57,600 / annum again before any taxes.

Or between £30,000 and £33,000 UK equivelant.

I have no idea what the relevant cost of living differences would be, or indeed how much of that would go to the IRS.

Assume paid holidays and vacation (4 weeks total) then you are correct....

Cost of living in Texas....a lot lower than the United Kingdom....

IRS gets 15%....

Mr JP Fugley
08-26-2006, 05:19 PM
An interweb comparasinator says that your salary is the equivelant of earning $99,000 in Washington DC.

You pwn Busy. Fact.

EDIT I just put you in Austin, not knowing exactly where you were.

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Assume paid holidays and vacation (4 weeks total) then you are correct....

Cost of living in Texas....a lot lower than the United Kingdom....

IRS gets 15%....
How is it you pay less than 15%, you tax dodger.:shifty:

I need to move to Texas.:smilie4:

Cost of living in Washington DC is lower than the UK also.

I also have 4 weeks payed vacation (5 next year) and sick leave is totally separate.

coppercox
08-26-2006, 05:50 PM
An interweb comparasinator says that your salary is the equivelant of earning $99,000 in Washington DC.

You pwn Busy. Fact.

Awesome!!

what is "pwn"?

Not Austin but close enough.

coppercox
08-26-2006, 05:55 PM
How is it you pay less than 15%, you tax dodger.

I need to move to Texas.

LOL!!! Well, hmmm... let me see....well, um.....yeah, that's right...i find "deductions" ;)

Texas is huge so there is plenty of room (even for Mr. Jp Fugley)!

Oh, and gas is starting to go back down: $2.73 a gallon!! oh yeah!!!

Plus: no state income tax!!!! yeah!!!

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 05:56 PM

You pwn Busy. Fact.

Awesome!!

what is "pwn"?

Not Austin but close enough.

Your dollar goes much farther than mine (you being in the South).
:)

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 05:57 PM
How is it you pay less than 15%, you tax dodger.

I need to move to Texas.

LOL!!! Well, hmmm... let me see....well, um.....yeah, that's right...i find "deductions" ;)

Texas is huge so there is plenty of room (even for Mr. Jp Fugley)!

Oh, and gas is starting to go back down: $2.73 a gallon!! oh yeah!!!

Oic. Well I find the deductions but initially my check is pwned.

I always get a very nice refund. I still have to do my last 2 years of taxes.:(

I moved into a bigger house so my interest deduction will be greater.

Why no state income tax?

coppercox
08-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Well, my home is valued at $129,000 and going up every year. I have to fight the appraisals every year (have for the past 5) because they keep raising my property value: their excuse is that the market is "hot" whatever the f that means.... 2800 square feet on two lots in the central part of a city with over 200,000 population....lots of building projects going up around here so I can see them forcing the lower income out to make way for higher ones. They've torn down 4 square miles of slums to build new walmart, restaurants, 5 story hotel, townhouses, apartment homes...etc.

Even with deductions I'm paying at the end. Think it was $300 last year I owed... i haven't gotten a refund in probably 6 years!

Don't know why there isn't a state income tax... I know whatever Governor brings that to a vote will not be Governor next election so maybe that is why!!! They do have a sales tax of 8% and of course the lottery which generated over a billion dollars last year for Texas!

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Well, my home is valued at $129,000 and going up every year. I have to fight the appraisals every year (have for the past 5) because they keep raising my property value: their excuse is that the market is "hot" whatever the f that means.... 2800 square feet on two lots in the central part of a city with over 200,000 population....lots of building projects going up around here so I can see them forcing the lower income out to make way for higher ones. They've torn down 4 square miles of slums to build new walmart, restaurants, 5 story hotel, townhouses, apartment homes...etc.

Even with deductions I'm paying at the end. Think it was $300 last year I owed... i haven't gotten a refund in probably 6 years!

Don't know why there isn't a state income tax... I know whatever Governor brings that to a vote will not be Governor next election so maybe that is why!!! They do have a sales tax of 8% and of course the lottery which generated over a billion dollars last year for Texas!

Yeah I'm trying to add another bathroom and finish my basement and of course the state won't know about it....that is not until I'm ready to move.:shifty:

At that cost for your home (I couldn't find a home for that cost 'round here), your hourly wage, and the 15% + 300 bones you pay, you are living like a king.

The way I can halfway live like a king is to bargain hunt. I don't pay full price for anything if I can help it.

Btw, the housing market is cooling off big time up here. I love where I live but I've been thinking about moving again so I cn get more land.

peat moss
08-26-2006, 06:32 PM
You know I'm old school but always thought it was wrong to mention what one makes an hour . Asking what one does for a living can be deceiving tho .

I say I work in a warehouse people shun me , I mention that I run the union warehouse and its different . I'm on salary but its about $60.000 a year with a bi yearly bonus or $23.00 an hour . Benefits are harder to judge, my family's dental and medical are also covered and I get 4 weeks holidays. Time allowed off to spend with my sons sports is priceless tho , it can't be figured in .

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 07:02 PM
You know I'm old school but always thought it was wrong to mention what one makes an hour . Asking what one does for a living can be deceiving tho .

I say I work in a warehouse people shun me , I mention that I run the union warehouse and its different . I'm on salary but its about $60.000 a year with a bi yearly bonus or $23.00 an hour . Benefits are harder to judge, my family's dental and medical are also covered and I get 4 weeks holidays. Time allowed off to spend with my sons sports is priceless tho , it can't be figured in .

No offense (to your first) but so what, this is the internet. I don't realllllly know you. Some people don't have a bug up their ass about working in a warehouse and only twats will shun them for it.

It seems like coppercox makes more than me. Good for him.

Rip makes less than me. So what. I'm no better than he is. I used to do the same work to a much lesser degree.

Again, if one has problems with announcing such things, don't announce it. When asked "what do you do for a living?"(old thread) many gave bogus responses or no response at all.

I don't make a ton of money and have to bargain hunt for many material items. I'd love to be rich but I'm not. So the fuck what.

tesco
08-26-2006, 07:12 PM
How do you figure out the yearly salary from your hourly?

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 07:13 PM

:huh:

hourly wage X 2080 hours

Mr JP Fugley
08-26-2006, 07:17 PM

hourly wage X 2080 hours

Assuming you get paid leave and work 40 hours a week.

Skweeky
08-26-2006, 08:31 PM
If there's more than a £2000 difference in the income you quote as your own it DOES get flagged up

fact

The household income is irrelevant. It might increase your initial credit limit, but that's about it. You don't even have to give it if you don't want to.
And as JP said, if you are found to fraudulently apply for a credit card, which includes lying about your income, you get marked by the credit reference agencies and the fraud agencies.

My point stands.
Someone's income is a crucial piece of information if you were thinking about stealing someone's identity.

BTW
They blocked this website at work :cry:

Mr JP Fugley
08-26-2006, 08:59 PM
I bought a new car on a credit card a couple of weeks ago. Mrs JP's new one. I did it on a whim, because they wanted a £200 deposit and I only had £160 on me. I couldn't be arsed going to the bank down the road.

It was quite funny actually. We went into the showroom and decided we wanted the car. We also liked the lad that showed us it. However he then said that he couldn't actually sell it to us as he was a used car salesman and it had to be a new car salesman who dealt with us.

I said "Gordon, tell your boss that we want to buy this car, from you and that if he insists that someone else does it then I'll go elsewhwere"

He went away and came back a few minutes later saying "Good Morning Mr Fugley, my name is Gordon and 'll be your salesman today."

True story.

Skweeky
08-26-2006, 09:03 PM
I don't have any credit cards and probably will never have one after realising credit card companies are nothing but legalised loan sharks :lol:

Mr JP Fugley
08-26-2006, 09:20 PM
I don't have any credit cards and probably will never have one after realising credit card companies are nothing but legalised loan sharks :lol:

Not if you just pay it off ;)

Skweeky
08-26-2006, 09:58 PM
Yeah well, there's the thing
I'm terrible with money. I'd probably run it up to its limit and then spend the next 20 years paying it off.
Safer not to :lol:

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 10:23 PM

So no mortgage or car financing then either.

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 10:26 PM
If there's more than a £2000 difference in the income you quote as your own it DOES get flagged up

fact

The household income is irrelevant. It might increase your initial credit limit, but that's about it. You don't even have to give it if you don't want to.
And as JP said, if you are found to fraudulently apply for a credit card, which includes lying about your income, you get marked by the credit reference agencies and the fraud agencies.

My point stands.
Someone's income is a crucial piece of information if you were thinking about stealing someone's identity.

BTW
They blocked this website at work :cry:

Credit card companies ask for household income though but you it's irrelevant and it need not be given to them.

The fook?:blink:

Mr JP Fugley
08-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Credit card companies ask for household income though but you it's irrelevant and it need not be given to them.

The fook?:blink:

What the fuck does that mean.

Skweeky
08-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Nope, if you don't want to give the household income you don't have to. Just as you can decide not to include your financial partners in the application.

They'll also ask you for your employers address, bank details and more than one contact number. None of which you have to give

Buy my cars cash, don't want a mortgage as I'm not interested in owning a house. I like moving around and I doubt I'll always stay in this country, so why would I want to own a house, or have a mortgage and be at least £70K in debt?

Everything single thing I own is fully mine and I owe no institution any money whatsoever.

Busyman™
08-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Nope, if you don't want to give the household income you don't have to. Just as you can decide not to include your financial partners in the application.

They'll also ask you for your employers address, bank details and more than one contact number. None of which you have to give

Buy my cars cash, don't want a mortgage as I'm not interested in owning a house. I like moving around and I doubt I'll always stay in this country, so why would I want to own a house, or have a mortgage and be at least £70K in debt?

Everything single thing I own is fully mine and I owe no institution any money whatsoever.

That's right you do travel. I forgot.

So disclosing income isn't necessary for credit? How is it a security risk then? I know every union person's income level in my company (it's in a contract book) and some management.

Btw, the most guarded thing here is your SSN#. Income is squat. No SSN, no credito.

Skweeky
08-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Your personal income IS important, but the household income isn't.

It means jack all if your partner earns £50K. If you don't earn at least £10K you're not getting a credit card ( with us anyway, it does vary from company to company) unless you have assets you get an income from. Like property, or shares etc...

Don't know what an SSN nr is but I assume it's like an NI nr here. Not necessary for any type of application.

tesco
08-27-2006, 12:26 AM

hourly wage X 2080 hours

Assuming you get paid leave and work 40 hours a week.Okay assuming that 22080 yearly:O
Could go up at some point soon too and i also might work some saturdays once in a while.
Considering I have no monthly bills to pay yet and don't own a house...:D

Busyman™
08-27-2006, 01:51 AM
Okay assuming that 22080 yearly:O
Could go up at some point soon too and i also might work some saturdays once in a while.
Considering I have no monthly bills to pay yet and don't own a house...:D

Okay sorry.

hourly wage X # hours per week work X # weeks per year work

Busyman™
08-27-2006, 01:58 AM
Your personal income IS important, but the household income isn't.

It means jack all if your partner earns £50K. If you don't earn at least £10K you're not getting a credit card ( with us anyway, it does vary from company to company) unless you have assets you get an income from. Like property, or shares etc...
Oh ok okay. Around here SSN is the most important. Knowing anothers income level is not. Income level is not a security key here. Household income on credit apps is very important. Child support can even be included yet it has

Don't know what an SSN nr is but I assume it's like an NI nr here. Not necessary for any type of application.
nothing to do with your work.

To steal an identity, the basic foundation of what one needs are

SSN
Full name
Address
Employer

The last three can be found almost anywhere. The first cannot. However, once it is found, it is easy as hell to steal an identity and that's why ID theft runs rampant. All one needs to do is give a new address, state the old one, and claim they've moved. All of a sudden the victim never sees a bill yet they are billed....at the new address (and the bills hit the trash).

MagicNakor
08-27-2006, 02:24 AM
Yeah but what has busy told us about himself. What he does for a living, where he works, his colour and height, nature of his injuries, where his house is, with a description of it, how much land he has round it, how many people live in his house, the type of car he drives, what his hourly rate is.

How on Earth would anyone have any prospect of identifying him.

While this is probably a little late to the thread, busy would probably make use of the guns in each room of his house.

:shuriken:

coppercox
08-27-2006, 05:50 AM

Wrong is in the eye of the beholder....if your uncomfortable don't worry about anwering it...appears many people are very uncomfortable about it.... but a lot of us are not and those are the people that give the answers I was curious about.... although i did enjoy some of the off-topic discussions (except when Mr. Jp fugley and Proper bo decided to have their nonsense ramblings in this thread)...

GepperRankins
08-27-2006, 05:58 AM
are you the guy that makes me unable to piss in pub toilets?

coppercox
08-27-2006, 06:03 AM
No offense (to your first) but so what, this is the internet. I don't realllllly know you. Some people don't have a bug up their ass about working in a warehouse and only twats will shun them for it.

It seems like coppercox makes more than me. Good for him.

Rip makes less than me. So what. I'm no better than he is. I used to do the same work to a much lesser degree.

Again, if one has problems with announcing such things, don't announce it. When asked "what do you do for a living?"(old thread) many gave bogus responses or no response at all.

I don't make a ton of money and have to bargain hunt for many material items. I'd love to be rich but I'm not. So the fuck what.

Well said...I tried to say it but I'm tired so I have not much thinking cells left for the night... Hard day at work but fun! put in 10 hours and am spent...too tired to even drink a beer....

coppercox
08-27-2006, 06:10 AM

lol...i don't think so...why would I have anything to do with your inability to urinate?

you may be in the wrong thread: this thread asked how much you make an hour? you may want to check the thread: who is the guy that makes me unable to piss in pub toilets? Therein lies your answer....

GepperRankins
08-27-2006, 06:52 AM

lol...i don't think so...why would I have anything to do with your inability to urinate?

you may be in the wrong thread: this thread asked how much you make an hour? you may want to check the thread: who is the guy that makes me unable to piss in pub toilets? Therein lies your answer....
ok. i'll make the thread now.

JPaul
08-27-2006, 09:31 AM

Wrong is in the eye of the beholder....if your uncomfortable don't worry about anwering it...appears many people are very uncomfortable about it.... but a lot of us are not and those are the people that give the answers I was curious about.... although i did enjoy some of the off-topic discussions (except when Mr. Jp fugley and Proper bo decided to have their nonsense ramblings in this thread)...

I'm not uncomfortable about answering the question. It's just crass to ask.

GepperRankins
08-27-2006, 09:38 AM
i don't have any kids or responsibilities yet. so in my young hippy brain i think people who really give a shit about other peoples hourly wage are not nice people :dabs:

JPaul
08-27-2006, 10:10 AM
i don't have any kids or responsibilities yet. so in my young hippy brain i think people who really give a shit about other peoples hourly wage are not nice people :dabs:

That's about the size of it. The young, like your good self don't give a shit. The old, like me, think it's dreadfully rude to ask. There are obviously those to whom it seems a reasonable question, tho' I can't even begin to imagine why they would be interested in other people's income. Unless it's to assist in the pigeon-holing process.

It may however be a cultural thing. Perhaps we are just more reserved than our colonial cousins. Tho' I suspect that j2, clocker etc may also feel it a rude question.

Maybe it's an unsubtle way of declaring your own income. i.e. Rather than say "Look at me, I'm doing fine". You ask "what do you earn, I earn ..."

clocker
08-27-2006, 11:45 AM
It may however be a cultural thing. Perhaps we are just more reserved than our colonial cousins. Tho' I suspect that j2, clocker etc may also feel it a rude question.

You're right.
My initial reaction was that it's rude to ask.
Not sure whether it's age or just upbringing that forms this opinion.

After reading the thread a few other random thoughts emerged:

-I have no idea what my hourly rate might be; it's been decades since I was paid by the hour, so coppercox (a newer member with whom I've had no interaction) must be rather young to even pose the question in such a way.

-Any response would be only superficially telling without considerable additional information. A princely income in Ames, Iowa would make you a beggar in Manhattan or London so what have you learned?

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 12:06 PM

You're right.

-I have no idea what my hourly rate might be; it's been decades since I was paid by the hour, so coppercox (a newer member with whom I've had no interaction) must be rather young to even pose the question in such a way.

-Any response would be only superficially telling without considerable additional information. A princely income in Ames, Iowa would make you a beggar in Manhattan or London so what have you learned?

I haven't learned anything (tho' I suspect the question wasn't aimed at me), your answer is pretty much as I would have expected. Which is a wee bit sad for both of us, but in a comfortable way.

I disagree with your age assessment tho'. I think she's about 38.

Busyman™
08-27-2006, 03:48 PM
You're right.

Excellent, then saying what one does for a living is along the same lines.:ermm:

I really don't get the big deal of asking such a question on the internet but maybe this forum is more part of one's daily psyche than I previously thought.:idunno:

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 03:55 PM
You're right.

Excellent, then saying what one does for a living is along the same lines.:ermm:

Not at all, voluntering information about one's own employment is in no way analagous to asking someone else what they earn.

coppercox
08-27-2006, 05:44 PM

You're right.

Jpaul's explanation makes sense.

I had the naive belief that the internet was where someone could come and ask questions just about anything, especially topics that are considered crass, rude, or taboo to ask in person. I will not meet any of you in person, hence, I do not get embarrassed asking such questions. But I see this is not the case in this forum where many of the posters have taken affront to my direct and blunt (tell it like it is, not beating around the bush) question.

No, not young, I'm 38...and once again I posed the question just as I would - direct and to the point. The question is clear and understood without question (except for the poster who postulated another meaning: that I was "bragging" about what I made!!! lol...is that something to brag about???? $30 an hour???!!!! maybe my home valued at 129,000 is something to brag about!!! wow....)

What have I learned from posing such a question:

1. The people with thousands of posts seem to have the most difficulty answering the original thread. Such responses as: "i don't get paid hourly so i don't know" or "none of your fucking business!" beats around the bush.......and yeah, it isn't any business of mine so why would you even comment? goto another thread where you can discuss what is everyone's fucking business....

2. There are more reserved people in this forum than I expected. Many of these people have allegiances to each other so if I offend one the others come running to "comment-me-to-death"...they still didn't answer the question though.........

3. Post counts on forums are considered status symbols...so someone with thousands of posts appears to have a "respectable" status while a Noob (like me) with 50 posts is young and immature. Well, in real life someone that talks a lot usually isn't well respected since they seem to comment about everything....just for the sake of talking. I could easily spend a weekend commenting in every post "what a crass question" or something like that and end up in the hundreds of posts.....some people post just to make themselves feel some worth in these forums...

4. I am enjoying this tremendously! What started off as a curious question has mushroomed into something more. Thank you!

Busyman™
08-27-2006, 05:52 PM
You're right.

I had the naive belief that the internet was where someone could come and ask questions just about anything, especially topics that are considered crass, rude, or taboo to ask in person. I will not meet any of you in person, hence, I do not get embarrassed asking such questions. But I see this is not the case in this forum where many of the posters have taken affront to my direct and blunt (tell it like it is, not beating around the bush) question.

No, not young, I'm 38...and once again I posed the question just as I would - direct and to the point. The question is clear and understood without question (except for the poster who postulated another meaning: that I was "bragging" about what I made!!! lol...is that something to brag about???? $30 an hour???!!!! maybe my home valued at 129,000 is something to brag about!!! wow....)

1. The people with thousands of posts seem to have the most difficulty answering the original thread. Such responses as: "i don't get paid hourly so i don't know" or "none of your fucking business!" beats around the bush.......and yeah, it isn't any business of mine so why would you even comment? goto another thread where you can discuss what is everyone's fucking business....

2. There are more reserved people in this forum than I expected. Many of these people have allegiances to each other so if I offend one the others come running to "comment-me-to-death"...they still didn't answer the question though.........

3. Post counts on forums are considered status symbols...so someone with thousands of posts appears to have a "respectable" status while a Noob (like me) with 50 posts is young and immature. Well, in real life someone that talks a lot usually isn't well respected since they seem to comment about everything....just for the sake of talking. I could easily spend a weekend commenting in every post "what a crass question" or something like that and end up in the hundreds of posts.....some people post just to make themselves feel some worth in these forums...

4. I am enjoying this tremendously! What started off as a curious question has mushroomed into something more. Thank you!

Damn! Welcome to the board...again. You hit the nail on the head for the most part. #s 1 & 2 especially.

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 05:52 PM
I was right about the 38, how fantastic is that.

Skweeky
08-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Well, what's wring with treating this forum as a part of your life?
Because it's the internet it's less sincere?

there's people on here I've never met, but I have been talking to them and reading their replies for years. JP, J2k4, Bo, etc etc

Is there is such a thing as internet pals, then those are the people that are my 'internet pals'
Of course I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, just like you would give your real friends the benefit of the doubt if some stranger walked into your local and brought up a subject that maybe wasw a bit touchy feely for some people.

Post count means nothing, however, the length of time you've known someone for does.
Take Petri for example. Got barely 500 posts or sth but I've been talking to the guy for years.

As said before. This is the lounge
If you're looking for a straight answer to a serious question then this is the wrong place.
This place has been drivel since the first day I joined and that's why most people like it here.
Simple. Nothing more, nothing less

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Drivel ftw, it's what we come here for.

Gripper
08-27-2006, 06:19 PM
I don't think it's a crass question at all,simple curiosity is all.
As I don't work I can't answer,but when I did I was on about 7 quid an hour which was pretty good for factory work back then.

Busyman™
08-27-2006, 06:23 PM

there's people on here I've never met, but I have been talking to them and reading their replies for years. JP, J2k4, Bo, etc etc

Is there is such a thing as internet pals, then those are the people that are my 'internet pals'
Of course I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, just like you would give your real friends the benefit of the doubt if some stranger walked into your local and brought up a subject that maybe wasw a bit touchy feely for some people.

Post count means nothing, however, the length of time you've known someone for does.
Take Petri for example. Got barely 500 posts or sth but I've been talking to the guy for years.

If you're looking for a straight answer to a serious question then this is the wrong place.
This place has been drivel since the first day I joined and that's why most people like it here.

Real life pals > internet pals. (hippychick has been rather cool though)

Fact.

On here, I have no "allegiance" to anyone just because we may have talked cordially in the past on the internet and won't come to this so-called internet aid cos they disagree with someone else less known. People have their own prejudices based on where you are from, race, etc. One person says something and it's handled with kid gloves cos of allegiance. Another says it and there's an uproar.

It's rather fake....

Me and j2 are American yet I don't pull punches simply cos of that. We agree on some things and on others I'll say he is wrong as hellfuck.

Me and vidcc are American and share some liberal ideals but again I don't pull punches either.

I agree with your last, however. It has a little more drivel than I remember though.

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 06:24 PM

Real life pals > internet pals. (hippychick has been rather cool though)

Fact.

On here, I have no "allegiance" to anyone just because we may have talked cordially in the past on the internet and won't come to this so-called internet aid cos they disagree with someone else less known. People have their own prejudices based on where you are from, race, etc. One person says something and it's handled with kid gloves cos of allegiance. Another says it and there's an uproar.

It's rather fake....

Me and j2 are American yet I don't pull punches simply cos of that. We agree on some things and on others I'll say he is wrong as hellfuck.

Me and vidcc are American and share some liberal ideals but again I don't pull punches either.

:lol:

You really are a big silly.

Busyman™
08-27-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't think it's a crass question at all,simple curiosity is all.
As I don't work I can't answer,but when I did I was on about 7 quid an hour which was pretty good for factory work back then.

You know you fucked up, right.

I'm renting a flat in your name.

Skweeky
08-27-2006, 06:35 PM
How would you really know where someone is from?

As far as i know you're a fat Samoan wrestler with 6 wives who lives in a straw hut. It wouldn't make me enjoy our 'arguments' any less.

There's come cliques on here I suppose... but it's the same in real life too. you hang out with people you have something in common with rather than with those you disagree with.

Maybe you have to earn some 'cred' before you can bring up certain subjects. But then again; would you rather tell your best mate about the problems you have or would you rather tell a complete stranger about it?

It's a matter of perception

Gripper
08-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Most people on here are quite like real life pals,sometimes you agree with them others you don't.
Some come on here just to stir the shit,others to be amused,I like it here and am considering moving in.

Skweeky
08-27-2006, 06:57 PM
We can share a flat. The rates are too high to afford one on my own

Gripper
08-27-2006, 07:00 PM
We'll have to ask Rossco how much he's charging?

Skweeky
08-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Better not be too expensive. We were here long before him after all which means we're superior

Gripper
08-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Won't matter 'cause the social pays the rent anyhoo.

j2k4
08-27-2006, 08:33 PM

I'll assume that since you used the words "naive belief" you will refrain from taking offense if I affirm that for you.

You may have abundant experience in internet forae, but you are new here, and a large part of the reason some of us came here and stayed is the protocol we have created, and to which we all strive to adhere.

It is not at all coercive, but it exists, nonetheless.

We accept each other as we are, and for the most part, we get what we give.

If you've begun by seeking to pigeonhole yourself and others, you have chosen well.

Again, the point is not that you've chosen this as your topic, but that you've begun your tenure (such as it is, or might be) with it.

You've opted to "introduce" yourself with a question which is generally looked upon as the bastard third of the "religion, politics and paychecks" caution some of us got as we grew up.

The first two have been the subjects of some genuine throw-down action on this board, but I'd guess the other has been much less discussed for precisely the reason I've mentioned.

Wages, as a subject, are certainly not taboo here, it is simply that you have chosen a comprehensive discourse on same by way of introduction that indicates what type of person you may be, and what type of member you might make.

After all, we spend our lives judging, do we not?

I have thousands of posts.

I have not minced around the subject in order to weasel out of answering, nor have I told you that it is "none of your fucking business!"

But, interestingly enough, I am quite sure I have not beaten around any bushes, either.

We comment because we are free to comment.

Any difficulties ingesting the fact are your own.

There is remarkably little of what you term "reserve" here, and the fact you use that word indicates your misapprehension.

What you are perceiving is convention.

Likewise, what you see as "allegiances" (which indeed exist) are nothing of the sort; we are human, and tend to gather around curiousities to comment or lurk as is our wont.

No getting around that one, I guess, though I would lean more toward the status of genuinely respectable, rather than "status symbol"; I'm sure you can appreciate the difference in connotation.

We generally equate a member's worth with the contribution he or she makes here.

On a personal note, may I say how gratified I am that you have chosen not to indulge any inclination you may have felt to ...spend a weekend commenting in every post "what a crass question" or something like that and end up in the hundreds of posts...

That would not be any way to introduce yourself.

That you enjoy yourself here is our paramount concern; after all, it is what we wish for ourselves, and I can assure you that we subscribe to the idea of "the more, the merrier".

I think I can overlook this thread (it hasn't been unentertaining, you see) in order to welcome you here, and express my hopes that you find us as hospitable as we would hope to find you. :)

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Just answer the fucking question , Kev.

Skweeky
08-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Yeah, stop beating off your bushmonkey ffs
We're all civilised people here.

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 09:06 PM

He needs to go and get laid, that's his problem.

Jon L. Obscene
08-27-2006, 09:07 PM
I spose I should answer this, I don't actually have a job due to immigration laws but I do keep the house clean and cook etc (so far everyone has survived) and I don't get a wage as such.
I get paid in other ways :shifty:

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 09:09 PM
I spose I should answer this, I don't actually have a job due to immigration laws but I do keep the house clean and cook etc (so far everyone has survived) and I don't get a wage as such.
I get paid in other ways :shifty:

We now Jonno, you get toys.

Skweeky
08-27-2006, 09:09 PM

With or without his mother?

PS: Fuck off:w00t:

Skweeky
08-27-2006, 09:10 PM
And stop making stupid spelling mistakes to draw attention to yourself JP.

We know you can do it properly

Cawk

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 09:10 PM

With or without his mother?

PS: Fuck off:w00t:

wanker lol

Jon L. Obscene
08-27-2006, 09:14 PM
We now Jonno, you get toys.

huhhuhhuh, you said "get toys" huh huh

GepperRankins
08-27-2006, 09:16 PM
yeah! :snooty:

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 09:18 PM
And stop making stupid spelling mistakes to draw attention to yourself JP.

We know you can do it properly

Cawk

Well you can stop starting sentences with a conjunction, young lady.

And also get a life.

Skweeky
08-27-2006, 09:20 PM
I have an excuse. My first language isn't English/Scottish. What's your excuse? :p

And go download some porn so you can have a wank

Jon L. Obscene
08-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Now now children. Be good and play nice.

Not play as in wank either <_<

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 09:25 PM
I have an excuse. My first language isn't English/Scottish. What's your excuse? :p

And go download some porn so you can have a wank

Age, henceforth I would appreciate it if you referred to me as "pops".

Half a wank's no use to me, it's the fool wank or knot at awl.

Busyman™
08-27-2006, 09:42 PM

As far as i know you're a fat Samoan wrestler with 6 wives who lives in a straw hut. It wouldn't make me enjoy our 'arguments' any less.

There's come cliques on here I suppose... but it's the same in real life too. you hang out with people you have something in common with rather than with those you disagree with.

Maybe you have to earn some 'cred' before you can bring up certain subjects. But then again; would you rather tell your best mate about the problems you have or would you rather tell a complete stranger about it?

Everyone on the internet is a complete stranger unless I know them in real life.:ermm:

Jon L. Obscene
08-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Pops?
Wank?

Ewwwwwww :puke:

Busyman™
08-27-2006, 09:50 PM
You've opted to "introduce" yourself with a question which is generally looked upon as the bastard third of the "religion, politics and paychecks" caution some of us got as we grew up.

The first two have been the subjects of some genuine throw-down action on this board, but I'd guess the other has been much less discussed for precisely the reason I've mentioned.

Yet wage is taboo here when the other two aren't?:blink: If it's a status pigeon-hole then one best not say what they do for a living, where they live, or type of home they live in.

You are correct though. All three of those are not usually topics of discussion....outside the internet.:smilie4:

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 09:50 PM

Everyone on the internet is a complete stranger unless I know them in real life.:ermm:

That's because you are hidebound and reactionary.

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 09:51 PM

Yet wage is taboo here when the other two aren't?:blink:

You are correct though. All three of those are not usually topics of discussion....outside the internet.:smilie4:

Struggling now, this is when it starts to get really funny.

mr. nails
08-27-2006, 10:39 PM
$13.70/h level 1 server mb tech & $21/h barback @ stipclub.

j2k4
08-27-2006, 10:43 PM

You would deny me a bit of exercise? :huh:

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 10:46 PM

You would deny me a bit of exercise? :huh:

Absolutement not.

Skweeky
08-27-2006, 11:10 PM
We all know Kev only writes his answers in the form of a university paper :lol:

Mr JP Fugley
08-27-2006, 11:12 PM
He has a beard, ergo he is a Polytechnic Lecturer. Fact.

j2k4
08-27-2006, 11:43 PM
He has a beard, ergo he is a Polytechnic Lecturer. Fact.

We all know Kev only writes his answers in the form of a university paper :lol:

Gee whiz, give a poor Polytechnic Lecturer a break.

I'm working on developing greater patience.

coppercox
08-28-2006, 06:47 AM
That you enjoy yourself here is our paramount concern; after all, it is what we wish for ourselves, and I can assure you that we subscribe to the idea of "the more, the merrier".

I think I can overlook this thread (it hasn't been unentertaining, you see) in order to welcome you here, and express my hopes that you find us as hospitable as we would hope to find you.

Well said, although I am not necessarily in agreement with all of it I shall respect this wisdom.

Cheese
08-28-2006, 06:57 AM
My first ever job I got paid £2.14 an hour, feck knows how I lived on that.

JPaul
08-28-2006, 10:02 AM

You must have just got by from hour to hour.

Gripper
08-28-2006, 11:02 AM
:drumroll and cymbal clash:

Jon L. Obscene
08-28-2006, 12:02 PM

I wish, my first job at a hardware store at 16 I started on 50 pounds per week (45 hours) and after 5 years and several pay rises I was on 120 pounds per week, both before tax and NI.
Wasn't long after I left they brought out minimum wage which I was really happy about <_<

Barbarossa
08-29-2006, 02:11 PM
It's less than I was hoping :pinch: