PDA

View Full Version : iso file

kulakuala
08-28-2006, 11:54 AM
i downloaded an iso file like blahblahblah.iso, i cant extract it with winRAR, how do i actually play or open this file? thx~

limesqueezer
08-28-2006, 12:04 PM
with daemon tools & get a older version

kulakuala
08-28-2006, 01:06 PM
ops....
the file doesnt suit my pc...any other?

Virtualbody1234
08-28-2006, 05:52 PM
IsoBuster to see what's inside or to extract it: http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

Or you could just burn it to a disc with ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/

Skiz
08-28-2006, 06:31 PM
i downloaded an iso file like blahblahblah.iso, i cant extract it with winRAR, how do i actually play or open this file? thx~

Look here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=83823).

kulakuala
09-01-2006, 08:57 AM
it says cant open file
the file is too big to burn, its 7gb in size

{I}{K}{E}
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM
you need a Dual Layer-DVD to burn it ;)

kulakuala
09-01-2006, 09:45 AM
=.=i've nv heard of tht, wht's a dual layer dvd? meaning a dvd disc which has double space of keeping memories?

{I}{K}{E}
09-01-2006, 09:52 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_layer

kulakuala
09-01-2006, 10:06 AM
actually, i don intend to burn it, i just wanna extract it
well, when i try to extract using magiciso, it says is not a CD image, wht am i suppose to do?

peat moss
09-01-2006, 11:20 AM
actually, i don intend to burn it, i just wanna extract it

Then try mounting it on a virtal drive as a few member's have suggested . Example I got a file I D/L last night called a DAA. file never heard of it .

PowerISO opened it for me . Here's a trial here :

http://www.poweriso.com/

kulakuala
09-01-2006, 11:50 AM
it still doesnt work it says the filename, directory name, or voluume label syntax is incorrect

peat moss
09-01-2006, 12:07 PM
What is it a game ? Mabye try anouther download , which is a pain if it took you awhile to down load .

dodgy368
09-01-2006, 12:47 PM
If it's a movie then open it with Videolan.;)

If it's a game then mount it with Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools.;)

kulakuala
09-01-2006, 01:51 PM
no, its a movie, does it work on videolan even if its not extracted?

Virtualbody1234
09-01-2006, 04:03 PM
no, its a movie, does it work on videolan even if its not extracted?

Try it.

Appzalien
09-01-2006, 04:37 PM
it still doesnt work it says the filename, directory name, or voluume label syntax is incorrect

Maybe there are Chinese characters in the name or volume label. I once had all kinds of problems with an Iso until I renamed it with out the characters. Windows will not recognize them and spits the file out with errors.

kulakuala
09-02-2006, 03:28 AM
lol, tht's the prob...no wonder thx

its the first time i ever downloaded an iso file, are iso files always this big and only contains a short moive? when i've extracted my file, the components are in separate and the file is 8GB in size, but the movie is only abt an hour...

Appzalien
09-02-2006, 07:43 PM
That's a Dvd9 or Dual layer file from the original dvd. What happens is there may be two actual movies of the same thing on the disk, one in full screen and one wide, or it maybe a theatrical version and a directors cut on one disk. Mount the iso in Daemon tools and then use dvdshrink or another type of shrinker to look at the contents. This may give you some clue to the contents, (two movies?) and allow you to save one if thats the case with 100% or close quality. You can select each in turn and use the viewer to see if its a full screen and widescreen split. I suspect thats it if the movie is only an hour, or there must be a lot of extras.

dodgy368
09-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Tell us what the name of the file is, then we can stop guessing and tell you what to do with it.

limesqueezer
09-02-2006, 08:28 PM
If you can open the file with any program than you should be able to extract it, if not use a unicode program. If all won't work, did you think about that it might be a fake file ?
If you can't play it when you extract it report it here: http://www.fakefiles.tk

kulakuala
09-03-2006, 01:56 AM
i can play the file using videolan but the files are in separate form, how can i fuse them up?

limesqueezer
09-03-2006, 03:02 PM
If you can open it with vlc than its not compressed, probably its not even a iso, more like a raw video file, i would call it a half fake file. But i meant by opening if you can open the iso file not to play it.
You can use a joiner program to fuse.

Virtualbody1234
09-03-2006, 03:20 PM
If you can open it with vlc than its not compressed, probably its not even a iso, more like a raw video file, i would call it a half fake file. But i meant by opening if you can open the iso file not to play it.

Not true.

.iso isn't ever compressed. It's an image file.

vlc can playback video that's in an .iso file. It just has problems finding all the .vob files to play them in sequence or dealing with menus of a DVD.

@kulakuala, have you tried: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1430260&postcount=4 if so what happened?

Chewie
09-03-2006, 03:35 PM
DarkClown all over again?

Virtualbody1234
09-03-2006, 03:47 PM
DarkClown all over again?

It appears to be.

peat moss
09-03-2006, 03:48 PM

Not true.

.iso isn't ever compressed. It's an image file.

vlc can playback video that's in an .iso file. It just has problems finding all the .vob files to play them in sequence or dealing with menus of a DVD.

@kulakuala, have you tried: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1430260&postcount=4 if so what happened?

VB why does Winraw give you the option to view ISO. files on setup then ?
I'm not sticking up for Limesqueezer as I deleted Winraw to try 7zip then reinstalled , then saw the option . :huh:

limesqueezer
09-03-2006, 04:15 PM
I don't know what you talk about, how can i say it than, what is iso than if not compressed, is it imagessed, or what woud you call it, this is not a discussion if im from usa or not. ISO is a compressed image file, packed or whatever you may call it. It is a file. damn you talking some noob bullshit.

Virtualbody1234
09-03-2006, 04:20 PM
@ peat moss, Winrar has an added opition to extract some .iso files but it doesn't mean that there is any decompression involved.

Virtualbody1234
09-03-2006, 04:24 PM
I don't know what you talk about, how can i say it than, what is iso than if not compressed, is it imagessed, or what woud you call it, this is not a discussion if im from usa or not. ISO is a compressed image file, packed or whatever you may call it. It is a file. damn you talking some noob bullshit.

So by your own standards... How does vlc playback video from within an .iso file if it's compressed?

limesqueezer
09-03-2006, 06:23 PM
I know my vlc played sometimes rars, and sometimes it can't play image files, i still don't know what you try to proove here. Vlc ain't the promissed land, did you ever try something else than vlc, i think they play files that they shouldn't especialy if you rename a movie file into iso just by hand, nothing what other players couldn't do it. I heard 2 times from someone on my hub that it is possible to change the iso file into mpg or avi or other way around just by renaming the file extension, do you agree ?

Virtualbody1234
09-03-2006, 06:32 PM
... I heard 2 times from someone on my hub that it is possible to change the iso file into mpg or avi or other way around just by renaming the file extension, do you agree ?

No.

kulakuala
09-04-2006, 11:26 AM
@limesqueezer
no, u got it wrong. wht i mean is, after i've extracted the file, then i play it with vlc; not using vlc to play it without extracting.

@VB
yea, i extract the file with isobuster, it works, but i still have no idea why are the files in separate.

limesqueezer
09-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Well i thought that you can't extract it, soo what file type did you extract ?
Now don't tell me that iso is a movie file cause it is a cd image.

kulakuala
09-04-2006, 02:37 PM
yea, its .iso file

Virtualbody1234
09-04-2006, 02:42 PM
What type of file do you get after you extract the .iso?

kulakuala
09-06-2006, 11:28 AM
they're .vob files

Virtualbody1234
09-06-2006, 12:17 PM
they're .vob files

That's the contents of a DVD. Burn the contents to a DVD from the original .iso image with ImageBurn as mentioned before. Or you could use DVD Shrink to edit/preview the contents. Or you could playback directly from your hard disk with something like PowerDVD launching with the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

kulakuala
09-06-2006, 12:48 PM
i don pick to burn, so, i play it with powerDVD? so...the files will play in a whole?
another thing, when i extract the folder, there're 2 files in it, one's the audio and another's the video, do i have to mx them up or just leave them?

Melvinmeow
09-06-2006, 02:00 PM
You can acctually open iso files with winrar as well. Not many people know this though.

Chewie
09-06-2006, 05:19 PM
i don pick to burn, so, i play it with powerDVD? so...the files will play in a whole?
another thing, when i extract the folder, there're 2 files in it, one's the audio and another's the video, do i have to mx them up or just leave them?
The AUDIO_TS folder is empty, everything is in the VIDEO_TS folder. This is how standard DVD Video discs are laid out.
By telling PowerDVD to play the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, you are getting PowerDVD to play through the folder just the way it would if the files were on a DVD.

Surely this is clear now?

kulakuala
09-07-2006, 06:01 AM
yea, clear enuff, thx