PDA

View Full Version : Community Rep

RealitY
08-29-2006, 07:14 AM
There is a new usergroup on FST now with a different Username Color and Stars.
These are staff at bt sites some of them members already and some new.

Username
Community Rep
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/ranks/communitystaff.gif

EDIT: Updated Title.

For those interested most of the sites represented at FST dont have any objections to trades and just ask you do it responsibly. The only site that were currently aware that does object to is u*** so dont trade those as theres many others you can. They dont even have invites currently. Some sites dont want their names or urls mentioned and FST has filters for those so dont use spaces or something similar. Hope this clarifies things a bit...

phooart
08-29-2006, 07:26 AM
nice idea, good to see FST honors staffs :)

j0hn
08-29-2006, 08:23 AM
i think its a good idea.
although i think their custom title should say what site they are from perhaps?
or a signature?

well dont to filesharingtalk for working so well with the torrent communities though. im pleasantly surprised at the way standards are kept up here, and how this site helps to remove posts/content that certain sites dont want advertised. its rare for a public forum like this to care about an outside site like that.

edit: unless of course that site doesnt wish its name to be disclosed for whatever reason.
which is partly why im all for this.

edit edit: the "community staff" should also try be polite, as at the end of the day, this isn't their site.
a simple reply like "sorry but our site doesn't allow invite trading, and doesnt want mentioned in public forums" is enough, and straight to the point. saying "u'll never get an account there, i'll personally make sure of that" just sounds rude to me.

this site is full of noobs, who dont know those sites dont allow invite/account trading, and dont know they want to remain private. being rude about it wont help. with the new forum rank, i think they have a duty to be polite about what they say.

also, some clarity about if they do/dont have any powers on the forums here would be good. ive already had a few ppl ask me if they can see i.p's/edit posts/etc.

personally, i think filesharingtalk should just block out the names/acronyms of the sites who dont want to be mentioned. i myself have reported many threads which give the names of sites that wish to remain secret.

DKre8ive1
08-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the support FST :)

viirin
08-29-2006, 02:26 PM
Definately a good idea.

syD
08-29-2006, 02:51 PM
very competent point, j0hn, my thoughts exactly.

some sigs of the site they're staff at would be useful and help avoid confusions...

regarding the anonymity:
if the site they're staff at is so secretive, then why bother getting this status anyway?

/looking at Tmist
doesnt this status conflict with the idea of anonymity?

also, what extra privileges does this usergroup have, can anyone elaborate on that?

kimii
08-29-2006, 03:34 PM
hehe now the users here will be more reluctant on breaking other site rules. great job. :-)

CopperFox
08-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Yes we're watching you :shifty:

lol j/k

erax
08-29-2006, 04:41 PM

lol j/k

:D you R welcomed

RealitY
08-29-2006, 04:51 PM
i think its a good idea.
although i think their custom title should say what site they are from perhaps?
or a signature?

well dont to filesharingtalk for working so well with the torrent communities though. im pleasantly surprised at the way standards are kept up here, and how this site helps to remove posts/content that certain sites dont want advertised. its rare for a public forum like this to care about an outside site like that.

edit: unless of course that site doesnt wish its name to be disclosed for whatever reason.
which is partly why im all for this.

edit edit: the "community staff" should also try be polite, as at the end of the day, this isn't their site.
a simple reply like "sorry but our site doesn't allow invite trading, and doesnt want mentioned in public forums" is enough, and straight to the point. saying "u'll never get an account there, i'll personally make sure of that" just sounds rude to me.

this site is full of noobs, who dont know those sites dont allow invite/account trading, and dont know they want to remain private. being rude about it wont help. with the new forum rank, i think they have a duty to be polite about what they say.

also, some clarity about if they do/dont have any powers on the forums here would be good. ive already had a few ppl ask me if they can see i.p's/edit posts/etc.

personally, i think filesharingtalk should just block out the names/acronyms of the sites who dont want to be mentioned. i myself have reported many threads which give the names of sites that wish to remain secret.
Dont think couldve put this much better than you have. As for changinging their titles or sig well leave that to each of them although it would be nice for clarification if they want. Regarding posts containing info thats unwanted we now have added filters to deal with this. Reagrding access to members information only the staff here at FST has access to that...

zizaziz
08-29-2006, 05:52 PM

lol j/k

just let me turn the camera on :naughty:

blekitna
08-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Bad news Bad news :no: :( :( :(

Is it true that "Community Staff" have access to IP address Filesharingtalk members? :(

So now every person who offer invites to this sites: FTN, F***, Bit**, FSC,BitmeTV, x264, torrentleech, E***o, u*** , Sc*, ..., will be banned on this torrent sites community? :(

Nice nice :unsure: :( :( :(

:dry:

Congratulation :( :( :( :sadwalk: :'(

tetrakis
08-29-2006, 08:45 PM
yeah, i don't feel very comfortable with this. While although i guess it's nice to have someone making sure rules of other sites are followed, it does feel a little like gestapo tactics to enforce it like this. We have no idea who they are or who they are admins for, but they're watching all of our posts looking for "rule breakers." Are they going to start dummy threads to try and trap people too? I don't know, sounds a bit sketchy to me. :unsure:

I'm proabably just paranoid, but it'll be interesting to see if randomly everybody starts getting all of their accounts disabled.

Dr. Lecter
08-29-2006, 08:47 PM
RealitY just wrote:
"Reagrding access to members information only the staff here at FST has access to that.."
It's good 2 know that they can't have access 2 our pm box or see more details on us.

Edit:
Like blekitna wrote, from now on we won't b able 2 post any trade in the BitTorrent Invites Section 'cause all the popular & known private trackers are banning trading in open forums like here.... adding 2 that the gestapo :D is here....
what will be the use of the invite section ? trading only Demonoid invites ?

0ctane
08-29-2006, 09:16 PM
A nice idea and thanks for having us here :)

RealitY
08-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Is it true that "Community Staff" have access to IP address Filesharingtalk members?

So now every person who offer invites to this sites: FTN, F***, Bit**, FSC,BitmeTV, x264, torrentleech, E***o, u*** , Sc*, ..., will be banned on this torrent sites community? [/B]
They DO NOT have access and many of them have been members here for some time. This simply makes it clear who they are and stops any scammers from acting as staff and makes clear that scammers will be dealt with here as on those sites. Also most sites having these rules find selling of invites and such the banable offenses...

Chewie
Not all Community Staff are as tight on regulations as our friend Tmist.

14 replies and not one single post picks up on the very reason that this has come about...
Scammers.
Wouldn't it be nice if the guy who's using a BitmeTV account obtained by scamming you were to be banned from all bt sites with a representative at Community Staff level at FST?

I thought you'd brighten up at that.

kimii
Well. If you abide by the wishes of the communities, you shouldn't be paranoid about anything. Those communities have provided a lot for their users, so at least people could do is respect their rules.

blekitna
08-29-2006, 09:33 PM
I write it one more time
Maybe moderators from torrent sites think about this

It's absurdity :(

Trust me that ,many, many good and honest people from torrent sites were banned because somebody HERE has the same "username" as person from torrent site :(

Moderators from torrent sites think that every person have reserved his "username" on every torrent sites or forums :(
(and why moderators think that 2 other person - are the same person :cry: )

PARANOIA :cry:

Tmist
08-29-2006, 09:33 PM
hi, i would like to apoligise about my post -- it was late and i found it offensive that people were trying to trade certain things they are not allowed to, yes i am tight with regulations - but it is for good reason, im simply worried about our safety, your safety - everyones.

just to settle it, we do not have any access to staff tools, i can personally not see any - all i see are forums and threads.

RealitY
08-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Trust me that ,many, many good and honest people from torrent sites were banned because somebody HERE has the same login as person from torrent site

Moderators from torrent sites think that every person have reserved his "username" on every torrent sites or forums
(and why moderators think that 2 other person - are the same person
If this is true you should be glad about the new layout.
If this were to happen it could be dealt with now...

j0hn
08-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Dont think couldve put this much better than you have. As for changinging their titles or sig well leave that to each of them although it would be nice for clarification if they want. Regarding posts containing info thats unwanted we now have added filters to deal with this. Reagrding access to members information only the staff here at FST has access to that...
thanks for the clarity.
i noticed a few have put their site in their title already too.

So now every person who offer invites to this sites: FTN, F***, Bit**, FSC,BitmeTV, x264, torrentleech, E***o, u*** , Sc*, ..., will be banned on this torrent sites community? :(
thats not a bad thing
those sites are private for a reason
it doesnt help the torrent community to go shouting out the sites name, or trading their invites when they dont want u to.

im definately a fan of this.

Halt3r
08-29-2006, 11:05 PM

Nice nice :unsure: :( :( :(

:dry:

Congratulation :( :( :( :sadwalk: :'(

no offense, but the idea is that people don't trade invites to these sites, so people offering them should be banned from the community on which the invite is offered to. so where is the problem here?

blekitna
08-29-2006, 11:14 PM
So now
no offense, but the idea is that people don't trade invites to these sites, so people offering them should be banned from the community on which the invite is offered to. so where is the problem here?
So why staff these sites give us invites?

For many people this forum is unique chance to get into this forbidden site community and on this forum is many, many good sharer people - I know

They (staff this forbidden sites) giving us invites propably want NEW GOOD trusted and honest members

And on this forum is many, many, many good and trusted BT sharefiler PEOPLE !!!!!
...so why I can't get invite this good and trusted person? :cry:

Halt3r
08-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Invites are handed out so people can invite people they know and trust. This does not include people on a public forum who "have proof of a good ratio somewhere". This never indicates anything for 2 main reasons:

* just because a member has a good ratio on one site, does not mean they will keep a good ratio on another
* user's do not have the one username for all sites, it is quite easy to use a nick someone else has used to gain themselves a good ratio on one site and pass themselves off as that person (users.php is useful for people wanting to do that as you should know).

On top of that, often people on public trackers get invites without showing anything of themselves, and the invitee not knowing who they are invited, it is because of this that invites aren't to be given out to people they don't know and trust.

You may think that's impossible for you to get into these sites but really it isn't, you just need to take the time to get to know people on the sites you are at, then someone who trusts you that has invites will offer to invite you, rather than you breaking the site rules in order to achieve access.

I understand that a lot of users on this site may be good users, this still does not change the fact that it's a public forum, open for anyone to access and some site's just don't wish to have their invites offered out like giveaways at a promotional barbeque.

TimeRavine
08-30-2006, 12:02 AM
I think the addition of this new group has scared users more than anything else, perhaps because they have the word "staff" in their title. Still most of them have been members here for some time and so the possibility of getting our accounts banned has always remained present.

Nevertheless blekitna you're definitely right that this board is a unique chance to get into many sites and the many users here are respectable filesharers :)

Halt3r
08-30-2006, 12:11 AM
he is not right, this board is not meant to be an oppurtunity to get into these sites that don't wish users from here to get access like this. users are meant to follow site rules and breaking them while trying to get access to these sites is not going to get you access a lot of the time.

just as staff from other sites are expected to follow site rules here, users are meant to follow the site rules for other sites. there is no longer the excuse of i didn't know when user's repeately breach the rules. users offering invites on this site will of coarse get there invite's if not accounts removed on the sites involved. i'm not sure if the staff are willing to disclose ip addresses to other staff members here, however in the case of members offering invites to sites which they aren't meant to, i would be all for it. this does not mean i think the "community staff" should see all users ips, but if a user is breaking the rules for the site in which they are staff, then i think they should be entitled to that users ip address, if that was the case, then unless you were breaking the rules you would have nothing to worry about.

gamer4eva
08-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Cool i think that this will make the community stronger....

Steven23
08-30-2006, 01:10 AM
If the new class has scared users and driven them away, then it just says that the only reason those users were here was to find invites to other sites. You only see a few people complain, compared to the number of users registered to this site. Honesty, if they got to know this community and the users, they wouldn't have to beg/trade for invites publicly.

tetrakis
08-30-2006, 01:41 AM
he is not right, this board is not meant to be an oppurtunity to get into these sites that don't wish users from here to get access like this. users are meant to follow site rules and breaking them while trying to get access to these sites is not going to get you access a lot of the time.

just as staff from other sites are expected to follow site rules here, users are meant to follow the site rules for other sites. there is no longer the excuse of i didn't know when user's repeately breach the rules. users offering invites on this site will of coarse get there invite's if not accounts removed on the sites involved. i'm not sure if the staff are willing to disclose ip addresses to other staff members here, however in the case of members offering invites to sites which they aren't meant to, i would be all for it. this does not mean i think the "community staff" should see all users ips, but if a user is breaking the rules for the site in which they are staff, then i think they should be entitled to that users ip address, if that was the case, then unless you were breaking the rules you would have nothing to worry about.

I was with you until you said it would be cool to disclose the ip addresses...way too far there dude. Perhaps the RIAA and such groups would think we we're "breaking rules" as well, should they get our ip addresses? This is the kind of thing I'm worried about, the last thing we need is more people monitoring our chatter.

Halt3r
08-30-2006, 01:46 AM
I don't want them to have open access to the user's ip address. but if a site staff from another site has proven to the staff here they are in fact that person, then i believe that should a member from that site break the other site's rules then the staff should be allowed to know that user's ip address. This would work better than not doing so in 2 ways:

*it would iliminate people using the account name on that site the same as the user here but being different users having their account deleted

*user's couldn't just use an alias here to get away with stuff

now is user's weren't breaking site rules, they wont have anything to worry about. if they do, then the staff here wouldn't just be giving the information to any person asking, it would be to a staff member on the site to which this user should already be registered to, and if not then shouldn't be claiming that they are.

do you still think that is wrong?

TimeRavine
08-30-2006, 02:22 AM

Regardless what of you MIGHT think this board is, it's not full of scammers or "undesirable" users. I was given a demonoid invitation by a generous user here and that's how I got started. From there I moved on to pretorrents, made many friends on this board and I've traded invites with them ever since. Sites encourage trading among friends and that's EXACTLY what this board promotes. So please don't sour the reputation of this board as some underbelly hangout.

Halt3r
08-30-2006, 03:06 AM
i'm not saying everyone does that, but you have to realise that not all users are the same

TimeRavine
08-30-2006, 04:23 AM
I know all users aren't the same or there wouldn't be the 5 post 1 month minimum to view the board but you're generalizing which is unfair.

Broken
08-30-2006, 04:43 AM
I really don't see the need for this.

You're giving people a pat on the back for something they are doing on another site. They aren't even being asked to identify publicly where they represent. What good is that to anyone? You're not givng them any kind of power here, why do they need to be pointed out?

If they are that proud of being a mod at X-torrent let they put it in their banner or avator. Let their contributions here earn them some kind of public recognition.

If I didn't read this thread, I would have thought they were a member of this site's staff. You're giving them unearned status here. I don't do torrents anymore, and honestly I don't care who does what where, unless they are doing it here.

Anyone hear what I'm saying or am I way off base?

thecoolguy
08-30-2006, 05:00 AM
Halt3r - Stupid N00B.

zapjb
08-30-2006, 05:16 AM

You're giving people a pat on the back for something they are doing on another site. They aren't even being asked to identify publicly where they represent. What good is that to anyone? You're not givng them any kind of power here, why do they need to be pointed out?

If they are that proud of being a mod at X-torrent let they put it in their banner or avator. Let their contributions here earn them some kind of public recognition.

If I didn't read this thread, I would have thought they were a member of this site's staff. You're giving them unearned status here. I don't do torrents anymore, and honestly I don't care who does what where, unless they are doing it here.

Any hear what I'm saying or am I way off base?
I agree completely!

Especially, "You're giving them unearned status here."

No personal offense to any of them. But F*CK them. They're nobody here. They didn't earn respect here. They haven't helped people here. Give them the title of usurper. :angry:

peat moss
08-30-2006, 05:18 AM

Not at all, its how I feel as well . I don't use torrents either and after reading some of the snotty post's from our new community friends , don't think I'll bother . We can't police our own site for christs sake ? :O

peat moss
08-30-2006, 05:21 AM
@Zap , whats an usurper ? How bout Fink or Rat instead .

zapjb
08-30-2006, 05:31 AM
usurper:

1. to seize and hold (a position, office, power, etc.) by force or without legal right: The pretender tried to usurp the throne.
2. to use without authority or right; employ wrongfully: The magazine usurped copyrighted material.

–verb (used without object) 3. to commit forcible or illegal seizure of an office, power, etc.; encroach.

Broken
08-30-2006, 06:01 AM
usurper, is a bit strong.

Halt3r
08-30-2006, 07:07 AM
Not at all, its how I feel as well . I don't use torrents either and after reading some of the snotty post's from our new community friends , don't think I'll bother . We can't police our own site for christs sake ? :O

yes you can police your own site, except a lot of the user's here are breaking other site's rules. it doesn't matter if you have reasonable people here, the site's don't want the invites offered on public forums, or any forums for that matter, which is why people have come over here to ask that it is stopped, do you really believe that is so unreasonable?

if you were all good users, then you wouldn't be able to access these invites here because the user's would respect the site rules where they get this invites and not give them out to people asking in forums. that is a perfect example how a user who may be considered good and someone who follows rules at some place may not do so on all sites. usually i oblige to site rules, however a lot of you seem to consider it okay to offer out invites when they were given to you under the conditions you don't hand them out like they are here..

RealitY
08-30-2006, 07:22 AM
Sites encourage trading among friends and that's EXACTLY what this board promotes. So please don't sour the reputation of this board as some underbelly hangout.
Seems the opinion is were scum and thats that. Ive sat and read this and am amazed at how twisted this has become when its simply to bring the community together. However some may have missed the point. Their presence was to make a stronger community and wasnt setup to destroy the invites section or perhaps thats what some want though it wont happen.

i'm not saying everyone does that, but you have to realize that not all users are the same
Dont think your saying that. Think your saying that most of the members here are scum.

Invites are handed out so people can invite people they know and trust. This does not include people on a public forum who "have proof of a good ratio somewhere". This never indicates anything for 2 main reasons:

* just because a member has a good ratio on one site, does not mean they will keep a good ratio on another
* user's do not have the one username for all sites, it is quite easy to use a nick someone else has used to gain themselves a good ratio on one site and pass themselves off as that person (users.php is useful for people wanting to do that as you should know).
Then again members giving invites to their myspace buddy isnt any more full proof is it. Maybe were to believe that the invites should only be given out personally. However youve stated those that want an invite should linger around sites and forums until they get to know those with invites and they will get them. Dont see much difference in a trade as members here get to know each other also for at least 30 days at that. Then they give an invite to another member they trust and that member gives them an invite back. Simple difference is that the invitor gets an invite in return. As unbelievable as it seems to you this could make the community grow. It could be argued those making trades do more research and are more cautious with invites.

Seems the point thats escaped you is that this site is a community. However you havent taken the time to look at that or even beyond this section most likely and chose to insult the members here as being some sort of n00b farm slopping invites around.

On top of that, often people on public trackers get invites without showing anything of themselves, and the invitee not knowing who they are invited, it is because of this that invites aren't to be given out to people they don't know and trust.
Havent seen a trade like Dm for **** here and doubt I will. Yet again the assumption is the members here are morons I guess. However for those that may be morons Im sure theres some myspace invites given out that went sour also. Yet again not much difference.

You may think that's impossible for you to get into these sites but really it isn't, you just need to take the time to get to know people on the sites you are at, then someone who trusts you that has invites will offer to invite you
Whats the difference between this and getting to know members that have invites here and developing that same trust. Additionally you have to wait at least 30 days. Also those that make just the minimum posts and come back after the month asking for invites are often ignored. Maybe we havent put any thought into any of this or is it that the members here are trash or is it that you think just the majority is trash. Guess your stating if you go to a different forum and get to know members there with invites its different. Perhaps your saying that this site isnt a community as much as the sites your reffering to.

i'm not sure if the staff are willing to disclose ip addresses to other staff members here, however in the case of members offering invites to sites which they aren't meant to, i would be all for it. this does not mean i think the "community staff" should see all users ips, but if a user is breaking the rules for the site in which they are staff, then i think they should be entitled to that users ip address
Think weve made it clear where we stand on giving out our members info so not sure where you come up with this. When staff in the community has a problem user they let others know so they can decide what to do. This is what strengthens the community now. Those that should be concerned on this site are those that scam and could find themselves with global issues. Those that leech cheat or so forth on other sites may find themselves without access to the invites section since they shouldnt have any.

This would work better than not doing so in 2 ways:

*it would iliminate people using the account name on that site the same as the user here but being different users having their account deleted

*user's couldn't just use an alias here to get away with stuff
Getting all traders to vanish is a pipe dream as were not the only site and we dont have access to close down myspace or msn either. This isnt a joining of communities so that this can be some magical starting point for lynching all traders good and bad. Maybe the fact that you have visions of this being a crusade and not looking at what this should be is the issue.

Spoken to staff on bt sites and even though they have rules regarding trades have been told by some those with invites can do what they want with them with the obvious nonos like selling them and truly being slime. Think they might prefer it happens at a site with ties to the community rather than at a site that allows posting of private urls and could care less. At least here they could have input.

As for my opinions on invites I think sites that open registration from time to time or give allot of invites to its users should realize their invites will be traded and most likely know it. Just my thought anyway. Would think it would be best if those trades were done where theres ties to the community.

Regarding sites that are truly private we are here to support their wishes. We dont need to be a site where their information is posted. Weve added filters and are open to adding more. This is common sense to support the community also.

Have stood back reading and have yet to know what to to think other than frustration at something going in so many different directions...

Broken
08-30-2006, 07:25 AM
n/m

Maybe i'll try and add my two cents tomorrow. Maybe not.
I don't think it matters. Things will go as they will... Qui vivra verra.

RealitY
08-30-2006, 07:41 AM
yes you can police your own site, except a lot of the user's here are breaking other site's rules.
Who are you and how have you come to this conclusion. Seems you speak for all sites which is more than any other staff member has posted. Those that represent a site represent that site in itself. Have no clue how you became global to speak for so many sites.

it doesn't matter if you have reasonable people here, the site's don't want the invites offered on public forums, or any forums for that matter, which is why people have come over here to ask that it is stopped, do you really believe that is so unreasonable?
Yet again let them speak for their own as Im sure they are capable. Who told you they came here to ask it be stopped and how do you yet again speak for so many. You seem to think this is a crusade and FST is the starting point and again miss the point. Their presence here is by invite to forward a stronger community though youve chalked this up to be a lynching and your at the helm as some hero figure...

Alien5
08-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Reality why did you let the users here offer accounts to **-* ? Did you know invites to **-* had stopped 37 weeks ago because of bunch of people cheating etc.?

RealitY
08-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Reality why did you let the users here offer accounts to **-* ? Did you know invites to **-* had stopped 37 weeks ago because of bunch of people cheating etc.?You should be as aware as anybody that the bridge between communities for FST is recent. How were we to know if posts arent reported and no contact to the staff was made. Thats the point of community staff being here isnt it. Considering youve been a member here for a long time why didnt you mention it...

Alien5
08-30-2006, 09:31 AM
you didnt answer the question: Did you know invites to **-* had stopped 37 weeks ago because of bunch of people cheating etc.?

to answer your question: why didnt i mention it to staff here? i should have but i wasnt aware of it.

RealitY
08-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Yet you think I was. Not sure where your going with this but the answer is no.

EDIT: The only discussion weve had with them is mostly regarding filters and some threads that should be gone...

Alien5
08-30-2006, 09:40 AM
the bit torrent invite section looks like its becoming the bit torrent accounts section.

RealitY
08-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Were aware what site you reprsent so if theres an issue feel free to report it...

j0hn
08-30-2006, 10:00 AM

im partly in agreement. i think the 5 stars and "staff" in the title, is a little confusing. drop some stars, rename the group. i cant think of anything suitable right now, but it does give the impression they are staff from this site. although i still agree with the idea of it, and think its good for the site.

concerning the way the rest of this thread has gone....wow. i totally understand and respect that these sites dont want their invites to be traded on public forums. thats not what this is planned to be. members have to be registered here for 30 days and have at least 5 posts to post in the invite section. although i personally think its too leniant, it shows a desire to stop noobs coming only for the invites section.

this place is being labelled as scum, as reality said. i think thats pretty damn rude. how many other public forums with a bittorrent invite section are making such an effort to help sites who they have 100% no connection to. filesharingtalk could say screw you, not help, and allow a flood of noobs in to trade/request invites, and in doing so increase the number of visitors it gets. but they are making a good effort to help the wider community, and its being rubbished right through this thread.

if i were to give a member here an invite to 1 of ur "secret" sites, i think that would be better than 101 other ways an invite could be handed out. ive been member here over a year, and have a large volume of posts. i feel i know alot of the members here, and that they know me. so in alot of ways its not very public at all. not everyone here who uses filesharingtalk, or its bittorrent section, are doing bad things against ur private sites. i make many reports about ur sites being mentioned. u should be praising these forums for making these efforts, as its a rare thing, and not something i think u'll see on alot of other sites.

lastly, those members who would leave filesharingtalk because they can no longer trade for certain sites, i say cya then. ur obviously not interested in this community, and come here only to get bt invites. thats not the point of that section of the forums. its for members of this "community" to share with each other. if that part of the forum closed, i'd still visit here daily.

edit: i noticed some now say "cumminity rep" as the title. was this changed then? i think thats more appropraite.

sear
08-30-2006, 10:00 AM
If the new class has scared users and driven them away, then it just says that the only reason those users were here was to find invites to other sites. You only see a few people complain, compared to the number of users registered to this site. Honesty, if they got to know this community and the users, they wouldn't have to beg/trade for invites publicly.

Couldn't agree more there is alot more to FST then the bt invite section. in my humble opinion if that's all your here for then piss off

@RealitY, mods and other respected members: I'm glad to see many of you feel the same about this issue as me...it's why I keep coming back :D

and @ Halt3r: who the fu** r u? you can't even post in the invite section yet so how can you have an opinion? why don't you stay out of what doesn't concern you :shutup:

EDIT:
@j0hn: didn't see your post but thank you for saying what i was too lazy to type.

DKre8ive1
08-30-2006, 10:12 AM
I write it one more time
Maybe moderators from torrent sites think about this

It's absurdity :(

Trust me that ,many, many good and honest people from torrent sites were banned because somebody HERE has the same "username" as person from torrent site :(

Moderators from torrent sites think that every person have reserved his "username" on every torrent sites or forums :(
(and why moderators think that 2 other person - are the same person :cry: )

Well all that person needed to do is go to IRC and show some proof for example it could be checked with his IP if it matchs the one on the site and has the same username then I think with out a doubt say that it is that person. I for one dont Ban ppl on first offense since I feel a warning should be given first and a chance for the member to redeem him/her self.

And I think you got it all wrong we dont like banning ppl, but if the rules on the site are broken over and over even when theres sticky's posts in the forums so users can read them and they still go break them that to me is very disrespectful and espeacialy after all the work that it takes to run a site and everything that goes with it ex. uploading releases minutes after there pre'd and actually finding ppl who are willing to pay for a seed box just so they can share there stuff for free with ppl like you the FST members who are members at other sites.

I hope that didnt come out wrong and its from the heart. :)

sear
08-30-2006, 10:17 AM
@DKre8ive1: you seem like a fair sort and I for one am glad to see you here in your role as a community staff member.

wish i could stick with this thread but i gots to go to bed :)

blekitna
08-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Reality why did you let the users here offer accounts to **-* ? Did you know invites to **-* had stopped 37 weeks ago because of bunch of people cheating etc.?

Because people want u*** accounts/not invites SIMPLE :whistling

It's the same like torrentbytes accounts (It's not invites sites but people want to get into this community :> and want accounts )

Alien5
08-30-2006, 10:35 AM
anyway all i want to say is i agree with invites being traded here, i found most of my invites in here, i dont think you can stop it by banning people because there are thousands of members in some sites that are good users, and im sure that they wouldn't be there if it wasnt for invites. why do we need invites? to keep out people we dont trust. how can we trust anyone anyway? i wouldnt trust people unless i have been able to trust them in the past.

<-------- yeah thats better.. Community Rep sounds a bit less self-important :D

DKre8ive1
08-30-2006, 10:40 AM

Because people want u.k.- t accounts/not invites SIMPLE :whistling

:( you are way to skilled on typing my friend I guess your a rebel

It's the same like torrentbytes accounts (It's not invites sites but people want to get into this community :> and want accounts )

And by a person having multilple accounts to torrentbytes it harms that memeber that is checking back every other day to see if sigh ups are open and if they do open ends up missing out imho.

RealitY
08-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Because people want u*** accounts/not invites SIMPLE
Not sure why youve chosen to intentionally post that with spaces so it has to be edited. Seems rather intentional especially in this thread. Maybe your looking for a ban or moderation. Not sure what the point is but if thats what you want it can be done...

tetrakis
08-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Still think they should have which sites they represent in their titles, avatars, or sigs.

RealitY
08-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Still think they should have which sites they represent in their titles, avatars, or sigs.
That would be nice but should be their choice...

Barbarossa
08-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Wouldn't it just be a series of asterisks? :blink:

RealitY
08-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Spam from Admin but had to laugh...

:lol: :lol:

DKre8ive1
08-30-2006, 10:52 AM

I am a moderator at FSC. :) all you had to do was ask :lol: but if when you ask the next community rep person and for some reason they dont want to tell you have to respect it since it really is there choice. :P

blekitna
08-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Not sure why youve chosen to intentionally post that with spaces so it has to be edited.... Sorry :( I will be write without spaces

It will be never happen again

(and I have edited my post )

I am a moderator at FSC.
Nice place :D

thylacine
08-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Im a new member here and also staff on a couple of torrent sites, this is why i have the community rep under my name (thanks to RealitY for creating this). I can honestly say that i have no access to any users info here that a normal user wouldnt see, i cant see ip addies or any personal details about users here.

Staff on different sites often talk to each other to check on ratio cheats, scammers and other undersirable users. The sooner that people who wish to join certain sites realise this the better it will be. Global bans are not issued lightly despite what some users may think is the case but when they are issued they are done for very good reasons and proof as to why it is being called for is always supplied or the ban wont happen.

If a certain site has it in its rules not to post about trading invites and users of that site followed the rules then staff from these sites wouldnt have to be joining forums just to check on this and could then be joining just to enjoy the forum and what it has to offer.

There seems to be the same names popping up and complaining about this new area that RealitY has created, makes me wonder why they complain so much if they have nothing to hide.

WyldVixen
08-30-2006, 11:49 AM
First off, my apologies to RealitY for trying to deal with this alone so far.

The heart of the matter is there are many dangers that threaten BT and Filesharing these days.

Instead of fighthing about it, Isn't it better to pan all resources and knowlege to work together on a common goal? That is making sharing more safe, enjoyable and giving it a longer life.

Some members here may not totally understand the concept.

It's not that trading, requesting or offering invites are all bad, but do you really know who you are giving those invites to?

Many sites have individual rules for invites. It's up to that individual poster that's giving those invites to abide by any invite rules here as well as incorporate rules of the site they are representing in that invite to that community.

As most of you know, there are sites that wish to remain not mentioned.
When you think about it, A lot of you would feel pretty down, mad, upset, or negativity, to find out that someone posted an invite, to a site, and that person that recieved the invite was a stool pigeon ( informant ).

If sharing is something you love, why would anyone want to be so careless as to help in a possible faster demise of sharing? I would think it would be the opposite.

Some of you may know me, some don't, but I've been in this a long time. I've seen sites go down. I've seen many (thousands and thousands) of sad members. Communities are torn apart. Friends or acquaintances arrested. A home (figuratively) is demolished.

The community staff section is not going to have "everyone" banned that shares an invite. But it'll help staff members here working with certain staff of other sites, to help provide a safe way of doing this. Only people breaking the rules would be banned or warned.

I've read through all these posts, and it seems that alot of Members here don't have enough support for the staff of FST to help them on doing what essentially a good thing. Where's the community spirit?? Come on guys, open your mind and give it a chance. No one is taking over. It's simply strengthening a global bond to make Sharing tighter, bigger, stronger, and a force to be reckoned with.

This helps benefit you as well. Your safety. Your sites. Your communities.

Lastly, Thanks to RealitY and the other FST staff here for being a great bunch. They've been really co-operative and I hope the folks I know will give them that respect. Or, you know what will happen :shifty:

jaqozo
08-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Can someone explain me why don`t torrentbytes, bitsoup, filelist, oink, torrentleech care to be mentioned, while other sites afraid of that ? They all offer almost the same content, and the sites I mentioned are remain strong for a long time, even if they names and urls are known everywhere ?

Halt3r
08-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Can someone explain me why don`t torrentbytes, bitsoup, filelist, oink, torrentleech care to be mentioned, while other sites afraid of that ? They all offer almost the same content, and the sites I mentioned are remain strong for a long time, even if they names and urls are known everywhere ?

why shouldn't the site's be allowed to set their own rules and expect their users to abide by them?

i am 100% positive you have all taken offense from my posts when i have meant non at all. if a site asks for it's members not to offer invites on forums, then it's simple they should not be offering them on public forums, yet despite this i have seen plenty of threads in your invite section (i can still see the topics) for these sites which ask it's users not to respond to such threads, however i have the feeling that people in fact do. how can you justify saying these are good user's when they can't follow such a simple site rule? please explain that to me.

now you can all whine about who do i think i am, but really i havn't told you to do anything except follow the rules set out by other sites. now i know the staff here are putting in an effort to help out other communities, however i also know people who have had posts removed from these invite threads when they have stated that these site's don't want these threads/invites on other forums.

i don't see why you all jumped down my throat about what i said about ip addresses, now i know the staff here aren't going to do this, however if a member was to post a thread here saying they have insites to site x. Yet site x has a rule in place where their user's aren't meant to post thread's offering invites in public places, in my personal opinion (and that is all this is) the staff at ftn and staff here should be able to transfer information (including IP addresses) between each other to determine which user this is on ftn. If they don't then ftn may not be able to work out which user on their site is breaking their rules, or worse the person may have a different site nic on this site to ftn, however the nick used on this site could be used by a user on ftn and they could lose their account despite doing nothing wrong. Now you can jump up and down saying that's a terrible idea, but why is it? the ftn staff should already have this ip address in their database, the user's here wouldn't have to worry unless they were breaking any rules, so where is this idea so bad?

I would love to hear both the users here, the staff here and staff from other site's opinions on my last question.

Also someone said i came on here just to abuse, unless i'm mistaken, i have no actually abused any person on this site since joining, i will admit that the reason i joined up here was because of a thread i saw talking about this site, however i have also taken the time to look around your site, post in other threads providing help to some users, and even ventured outside the bittorrent section of the forums.

jaqozo
08-30-2006, 01:19 PM

why shouldn't the site's be allowed to set their own rules and expect their users to abide by them?

If you don`t have an answer for my question, just stfu and don`t reply :angry:

Kirkedir
08-30-2006, 01:23 PM

How people can know that you closed invite section if they are not a member and when try to open yr url just see wheel. :D :D

I think nobody knows your site before I opened a topic. :)
I saw it on a forum and I want to join to cominity.I offered many account and invites but could not trade due noone has an account that time.
One of myfriend found an account on a trackers invite section and gaved to me just to check inside. :) Honestly I did not like it as the other accounts I have. :(
Myfriend lost his account in to days. The guy who was traded just get back the account some how :O . When I wrote here on fst I saw that Same fucking gay did it to others as well. As I remember the user name was VCR.

Halt3r
08-30-2006, 01:26 PM
I did answer your question with a question in reply. torrentbytes, bitsoup, filelist, oink, torrentleech are not in the same classification of site to the private sites I talk about in my posts, you can say what you want about them provided you follow those site's rules, however these other site's ask for their site's not to be discussed, and in owning the site surely they have to right to ask this, so again i ask you, why shouldn't the site's be allowed to set their own rules and expect their users to abide by them?

tetrakis
08-30-2006, 01:26 PM
i don't see why you all jumped down my throat about what i said about ip addresses, now i know the staff here aren't going to do this, however if a member was to post a thread here saying they have insites to site x. Yet site x has a rule in place where their user's aren't meant to post thread's offering invites in public places, in my personal opinion (and that is all this is) the staff at ftn and staff here should be able to transfer information (including IP addresses) between each other to determine which user this is on ftn. If they don't then ftn may not be able to work out which user on their site is breaking their rules, or worse the person may have a different site nic on this site to ftn, however the nick used on this site could be used by a user on ftn and they could lose their account despite doing nothing wrong. Now you can jump up and down saying that's a terrible idea, but why is it? the ftn staff should already have this ip address in their database, the user's here wouldn't have to worry unless they were breaking any rules, so where is this idea so bad?

People jump down your throat because giving out ip addresses is ridiculous! FST doesn't answer to anyone, including torrent trackers. Who decides who FST should be able to give our info to, you? What if the RIAA, MPAA, etc. want it? The argument that if I'm not doing anything bad I shouldn't have anything to worry about has been used by all of those groups. What if some admin at some site just has a personal grudge against me...then gets my personal info here and makes my life hell? This site is about openness and discussion. In today's world, paramount to that is anonymity. Take that away, and people aren't willing to freely speak.

Halt3r
08-30-2006, 01:31 PM
i didn't say it's what the staff should do, i merely expressed it as an opinion of my own, wondering what other people's opinion's were.

Take that away, and people aren't willing to freely speak.

I'm not saying just give anyone anyone else's ip address, i am just saying in my opinion i think it would be great if staff from different communities could work together to try and allow site rules to be followed.

jaqozo
08-30-2006, 01:36 PM
I did answer your question with a question in reply. torrentbytes, bitsoup, filelist, oink, torrentleech are not in the same classification of site to the private sites I talk about in my posts, you can say what you want about them provided you follow those site's rules, however these other site's ask for their site's not to be discussed, and in owning the site surely they have to right to ask this, so again i ask you, why shouldn't the site's be allowed to set their own rules and expect their users to abide by them?
I really appreciate those private sites and their rules, though I can`t say that TL , TB , oink are public sites.
But again, let`s say those sites wish to be private, i.e. small community with trusted members only, everyone knows each other, like a family. But no, that`s not the situation. So if you can`t mention it here, PM me and tell me one reason why TB is to be mentioned and **-* is not, while both of them providing the same content.

Halt3r
08-30-2006, 01:39 PM
because TB allows it's members to, where as wheelmods states clearly that it does not want to be talked about.

jaqozo
08-30-2006, 01:41 PM
If you have nothing to say, just stfu, as simple as that.
What a waste of time it was...

tetrakis
08-30-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm not saying just give anyone anyone else's ip address, i am just saying in my opinion i think it would be great if staff from different communities could work together to try and allow site rules to be followed.

My point is that being an admin at a torrent site (even if it's a really good one) doesn't all of sudden elevate you to some level where you get to see personal info at a different site.

Halt3r
08-30-2006, 01:44 PM
it's an ip address that this person should already have access to anyway on their torrent site, if the user is claiming to have invites to that site.

and jaqozo i just answered your question, how did i not?

jaqozo
08-30-2006, 01:56 PM
and jaqozo i just answered your question, how did i not?

Yep, I`m bored, but not to much to continue empty conversations with you like "why shouldn`t I kill people ? because the law doesn`t allow that"

bullshit, the torrent sites steal torrents one from another, and if one has a rule against uploading its content to other trackers, the latter don`t care. so if there is no cooperation between trackers towards respecting mutual rules, why should you bother to try it here ?

Halt3r
08-30-2006, 02:00 PM
are you really that ignorant, most of the good site's don't get their torrents from other trackers, the uploaders get them from the top sites where the groups release them to.

jaqozo
08-30-2006, 02:04 PM
are you really that ignorant, most of the good site's don't get their torrents from other trackers, the uploaders get them from the top sites where the groups release them to.
The ignorant here is you. I didn`t talk about 0-day shit, I talk about the shit like sedgr, tpbz, bitme etc

Dedalus^
08-30-2006, 02:14 PM
I think there should be a place where we can nominate community Reps. If there is good support from users, i think the staff here should consider them to be added to the list as well.

is that a good idea?

Cheese
08-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Anyone got an invite for Oink?

Euronymous
08-30-2006, 02:21 PM
www.google.co.uk

syD
08-30-2006, 02:21 PM
if a site asks for it's members not to offer invites on forums, then it's simple they should not be offering them on public forums, yet despite this i have seen plenty of threads in your invite section (i can still see the topics) for these sites which ask it's users not to respond to such threads, however i have the feeling that people in fact do. how can you justify saying these are good user's when they can't follow such a simple site rule? please explain that to me.

RealitY and j0hn already answered your question a few posts back but you failed to understand their point of view.

so i will try to simplify it for you.

This is what you think:
you consider this a place which does trades of invites to sites who do not allow that. people should give their invites to other people they know and trust, and not trade them blindly and give them to people they know nothing about.

This is what the FST community thinks:

i will quote what j0hn said, because i dont think anyone could state it more eloquently than he just did:

this place is being labelled as scum, as reality said. i think thats pretty damn rude. how many other public forums with a bittorrent invite section are making such an effort to help sites who they have 100% no connection to. filesharingtalk could say screw you, not help, and allow a flood of noobs in to trade/request invites, and in doing so increase the number of visitors it gets. but they are making a good effort to help the wider community, and its being rubbished right through this thread.

if i were to give a member here an invite to 1 of ur "secret" sites, i think that would be better than 101 other ways an invite could be handed out. ive been member here over a year, and have a large volume of posts. i feel i know alot of the members here, and that they know me. so in alot of ways its not very public at all. not everyone here who uses filesharingtalk, or its bittorrent section, are doing bad things against ur private sites. i make many reports about ur sites being mentioned. u should be praising these forums for making these efforts, as its a rare thing, and not something i think u'll see on alot of other sites.

so actually, this site is a community in which people know eachother, it's not just some random place swapping invites. people here offer invites to other people they know and trust (and that is exactly the way the rules state invites should be given out) they contribute to the community by being active on the boards hence they are not complete strangers to one another, and while giving out invites on the forum, they are not harming the site by inviting potential cheaters/leechers/threats but people they already know from another community.

FST is a reliable place to give invites at, full stop. And it's not breaking the respective's sites rules, you know why? because those rules are extremely shallow

what does giving invites to people you trust mean????????? if the people you trust are on an online community aka. public place, you cant trust those ppl??? you're supposed to know the people who you get your invites from in real life???? what is the chance of knowing someone from a tracker with 10k users in real life? think about it... you dont know yourself who qualifies as a person you can trust and not... you're shallow yourself...

jaqozo
08-30-2006, 02:22 PM

Yes, I have some

Alien5
08-30-2006, 02:24 PM
I think there should be a place where we can nominate community Reps. If there is good support from users, i think the staff here should consider them to be added to the list as well.

is that a good idea? i dont think it would be a fair vote cos users outnumber staff :P

you're trying to get rid of us? and our stars :no:

Melvinmeow
08-30-2006, 02:26 PM
On the topic of Sites stealing torrents from other sites:
Most sites rules specify not to upload their torrents to other sites. They specify nothing about the actual files themselves should you create your own torrents for them. However... Most torrent sites have their own scene access where they download releases. This does not however mean they all do.

On the topic of invites:
While there are alot of communitities with rules that are more strict than other comunities. I feel each community should be eligible to create thier own set of rules for users to abide by. Ex: While I am here it is my intent and your sites staff intent for me to abide by this sites rules as I would expect them to do on my site. It is merely common courtesy. Each site has thier own set of rules for thier own reasons. Some sites feel being more strinct in their rules they are providing better protection for their users. (You could compare this to countries in the world if you would like an example. EX: Israel has 12 yr old boys walking around the streets in their army with guns. The United states doesnt. Just because 1 place runs things a certain way doesnt mean everyone has to.)

On the topic of our access right to your information:
We see nothing more than your average users see. The only differance in our accounts is we get more shiney stars ;)

Topic about us declaring who we are and where we are from:
We are from torrent sites in one way or another. I feel as mentioned by others it is subject to each personal associated with this class to declare who we are or not declare who we are.

In closing, I would like to thank the staff here for their efforts in helping out the torrent community as a whole. God knows the kind of pressure you guys have had to put up with from both parties. (Staff on sites / Users here) I know what its like so I do have the utmost respect for you guys in trying to help out both parties. Users. Many respects to you as well, some of you may or may not agree with the changes the staff have made to accomodate us but I hope in the longrun it only benefits you and the many differant torrent communities you are apart of now or may be part of in the future. I look forward to getting to know some of you through future posts here, or through other sites that I am a member of. If anyone has any questions for me feel free to post below or ask in private messages.
-TopHos Owner

Alien5
08-30-2006, 02:39 PM
I blame google Invites (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bitme+invites&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official)

syD
08-30-2006, 02:39 PM
The ignorant here is you. I didn`t talk about 0-day shit, I talk about the shit like sedgr, tpbz, bitme etc

jaqozo is right about the stealing

sedgr.COM is one of the lamest and most pathetic trackers out there. most tpbz users know that.
tpbz is a great community, the rightful successor of the former sed.GR (most mods former mods from sed.gr are mods at tpbz)

bitme is a valuable tracker, some users on tpbz leaked some exclusive releases to bitme, but that were the USERS, not the staff on bitme so they are not to be blamed

Euronymous
08-30-2006, 02:44 PM

sedgr.COM is one of the lamest and most pathetic trackers out there.
Hence why Halt3r was on about the good ones, not the lame ones.

Barbarossa
08-30-2006, 02:44 PM
On the topic of our access right to your information:
We see nothing more than your average users see. The only differance in our accounts is we get more shiney stars ;)

:lol:

If you only knew the history of those stars :whistling

Melvinmeow
08-30-2006, 02:46 PM

sedgr.COM is one of the lamest and most pathetic trackers out there. most tpbz users know that.
tpbz is a great community, the rightful successor of the former sed.GR (most mods former mods from sed.gr are mods at tpbz)

bitme is a valuable tracker, some users on tpbz leaked some exclusive releases to bitme, but that were the USERS, not the staff on bitme so they are not to be blamed

Many times you will find staff on most sites are more involved with helping users or managing the site. They many times dont notice WHERE the content being posted is coming from. Myself personally I like sites where theres alot of custom content thats created by the uploaders themselves, as well as the content filtered in from the scene. Provides a great number or releases for all us picky users. I personally have been using bitsoup the last couple of weeks. Great site despite what others may think.

Barbarossa feel free to provide some insight if you like. Would be glad to hear your opinion on them.

syD
08-30-2006, 03:04 PM
the uploaders get them from the top sites where the groups release them to.

top sites? :D you have got to be kidding youself mate! perhaps you meant dumps... there's a slight difference between the two ;)

WyldVixen
08-30-2006, 03:23 PM
:huh:

Alot of posts are being done by personal opinion rather than actual experience it seems.

Most torrent sites, despite being totally different sites, actually DO work together. They work together helping each other out, whether it's a member that's not doing as told, to coding issues, threats etc. At least the ones I know of are very helpful in helping other staff of other sites.

RealitY, has access to forums that I've made possible for him to see this all in action. There are a few squabbles, but the majority of people do respect the others.

Each individual site is intitled to have it's own sets of rules. What makes one site different than another is the staff. Some staff may find it neccessary to enforce some rules more than others. Whereas on another site, that rule is there but they bother enforcing something else.

Private does not necessarily mean "invite only". Some sites are invite only but advertise openly. Others are what I'd describe as "underground".
When you sign up to any site you check the box that asks if you read the rules. If you don't abide by that site's rules that person violates the agreement and it can be terminated. As mentioned this has a lot to do with individual staff of that site.

Grouping sites jaqozo as a clump is unfair when you say that "all sites download .....". Yes, this DOES happen time to time on a site or two, but not ALL sites do this.

I have not seen where anyone has said that this site was "scum". Putting words out that were not said is also unfair. It's giving a false perception of things.

Knowing how sites "normally" operate, I can say that the bt grapevine runs deep. If one person knows about something you can bet by the end of the day that 1000+ will know.

It was only about a year ago, that you couldn't even mention another site's name on another site. Most of you have to have noticed that this has relaxed some. URLs mostly are not allowed still, but naming a site is ok. Alot of his has come with sites banding together and supporting each other with what they know. Sometimes that information just may be some guy on some site posting a site which shouldn't be named. Such as this case.

I approached RealitY on a subject that was mentioned, about invites. I was not rude, mad or offensive to him. I would think I was very nice, and friendly. Simply I asked him what I had heard was true or not, and just wanted to find out what happened.

Talking with him, he thought it would be a great idea in helping sites out here as well. I showed him the set up we had. He's seen it all first hand.
No one has forced anyone here to do this. It was thought of as a great idea to help each other out not a hostile takeover. No one is telling FST how to run the site. They ARE the ones running it. Just now they happen to be tapped into a larger resource of knowlege.

Knowlege is power. The more you know the more informed you can be to make actual opinions and decisions.

What's so bad about expanding someone's learning?

Dr. Lecter
08-30-2006, 05:34 PM
. (You could compare this to countries in the world if you would like an example. EX: Israel has 12 yr old boys walking around the streets in their army with guns. The United states doesnt. Just because 1 place runs things a certain way doesnt mean everyone has to.)

Friend, I think u're watching 2 much CNN.
From where did u get that idea ? :angry: 12 yr old boys with guns....
First know the facts - then u can write whatever u want.

(& no, we don't use Camels to get from 1 place 2 the other)

JPaul
08-30-2006, 05:57 PM
So long as the new chaps don't have access to my personal details, including IP then I'm not really fussed.

Tho' to be fair I have been saying you shouldn't be "trading invites" with people you don't know for months know. Further that the private BT sites whose invites are being shared are going to get a bit fucking annoyed about it.

It's sort of defeating the idea of private tracker. Some muppet coming here, making 5 posts, then getting invites to private sites. It sort of defeats the point. N'est ce pas.

WyldVixen
08-30-2006, 06:29 PM
So long as the new chaps don't have access to my personal details, including IP then I'm not really fussed.

Tho' to be fair I have been saying you shouldn't be "trading invites" with people you don't know for months know. Further that the private BT sites whose invites are being shared are going to get a bit fucking annoyed about it.

It's sort of defeating the idea of private tracker. Some muppet coming here, making 5 posts, then getting invites to private sites. It sort of defeats the point. N'est ce pas.

I know ALL about you...:naughty:
Joking with you of course lol.

Sorry, for laughing but you sounded so cute being a bit paranoid lol

No worries, it's nothing like that, I can only see as much detail as you are willing to share on your own profile. No one has access to FST staff tools or access levels. :)

Sorry again, but it DID sound cute lol

RealitY
08-30-2006, 06:31 PM
To clarify and will be added to the first post...

For those interested most of the sites represented at FST dont have any objections to trades and just ask you do it responsibly. The only site that were currently aware that does object to is u*** so just dont trade those as theres many others you can. They dont even have invites currently. Some sites dont want their names or urls mentioned and FST has filters for those so dont use spaces or something similar. Hope this clarifies things a bit...

JPaul
08-30-2006, 06:35 PM

I know ALL about you...:naughty:
Joking with you of course lol.

Sorry, for laughing but you sounded so cute being a bit paranoid lol

No worries, it's nothing like that, I can only see as much detail as you are willing to share on your own profile. No one has access to FST staff tools or access levels. :)

Sorry again, but it DID sound cute lol

No prob

By way of apology please send me an invite to whatever BT site(s) you represent.

Me = Cute :wub:

JPaul
08-30-2006, 06:39 PM

For those interested most of the sites represented at FST dont have any objections to trades and just ask you do it responsibly. The only site that were currently aware that does object to is u*** so just dont trade those as theres many others you can. They dont even have invites currently. Some sites dont want their names or urls mentioned and FST has filters for those so dont use spaces or something similar. Hope this clarifies things a bit...

By "do it responsibly" I take it you mean "only invite people you know and trust" so that we don't put other members at risk.

limesqueezer
08-30-2006, 06:49 PM
This is internet, you don't know who is who or what somebody did before he joined this site unless that somebody says it. But would you belive it and what does it matters ? There are forums & hubs i know where everybody is a moderator if he is from yeasterday on internet or for the start.

JPaul
08-30-2006, 06:58 PM
This is internet, you don't know who is who or what somebody did before he joined this site unless that somebody says it. But would you belive it and what does it matters ? There are forums & hubs i know where everybody is a moderator if he is from yeasterday on internet or for the start.

There are people here I know loads about and I have given them invites to sites. They have done the same for me. There are also people I have given invites to :earl:. I always thought that was the point of private trackers. If they are to be swapped with strangers then just make them public.

Melvinmeow
08-30-2006, 07:38 PM
. (You could compare this to countries in the world if you would like an example. EX: Israel has 12 yr old boys walking around the streets in their army with guns. The United states doesnt. Just because 1 place runs things a certain way doesnt mean everyone has to.)

Friend, I think u're watching 2 much CNN.
From where did u get that idea ? :angry: 12 yr old boys with guns....
First know the facts - then u can write whatever u want.

(& no, we don't use Camels to get from 1 place 2 the other)

I have acctually visited the country in question 13 times in the last 5 years. Each time there were in fact 12 year olds with guns. If some of them were even that old. Maybe you go to a differant side of the country that doesnt participate in war as much.

the uploaders get them from the top sites where the groups release them to.

top sites? :D you have got to be kidding youself mate! perhaps you meant dumps... there's a slight difference between the two ;)

I know the differance between the 2. Lookup my name on google search for refrences if needed. Check info about scene busts from JUNE of this year.

Maybe this topic is getting a little off the original subject??
As stated in previous posts. Alot of sites dont mind when people give their invites away to people they trust. Most sites just dont want their addresses posting publicly. You will even find alot of sites now allow you to refer to them by certain code names. Ex: FTN. I have to agree with WV's post where she stated alot of other sites have been working together. I also have seen this first hand. Its been very good for the torrent communities in a whole when they work with other sites. We find vulnerabilities and help confront other issues. Its also nice to talk to staff from other sites once in a while to blow off steem.

zooom
08-30-2006, 10:59 PM

bitmetv and bitme do not allow their users to hand out invites using this method either, and unless i'm mistaken ftn and sct are the same.

Cheese
08-30-2006, 11:23 PM

Hmmm?

kimii
08-31-2006, 12:50 AM

bitmetv and bitme do not allow their users to hand out invites using this method either, and unless i'm mistaken ftn and sct are the same.:yup:

Broken
08-31-2006, 05:07 AM
No BT site that isn't totally closed looped (no invies, no way in) can even humor themselves about being safe from the RIAA/MPAA.

You can google the names and locations of undercover CIA agents. You think a Pro couldn't find your torrentsite and get an account? Lucky for you, they don't want you. If the 'powers that be' want you, they'd find you. They can't sue everyone, nor do they want to - or have to. There are plans in the works right now for combating BT starting with the internet connection you're using. Right now is the Wild West stage of the internet. The yonger people here will be telling their kids about the shit they were able to get away with, and they won't believe you.

You guys should loosen up and enjoy what's left of the ride. Let the invites be trade freely. To hell with all the secret clubs and the people on their high horses.

Fevves
01-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Umm, no?
For some 'odd' reason we at ST tend to think, strongly may I add,we have the right and obligation to do just things for our own sake and for the benefit of our loyal trusty good members - old or new. What's left of the ride is to be judged by us on our own tracker. When you are able to have your own server running BT tracker, then you can enforce free for all policy and there's nothing wrong with that as long as you're responsable for your doings.

What I try to really say is: we have strict rules that we expect our members to follow for their own sake and benefit as well as ours. We're not chopping heads or mutilate them in order to prove us right. It's our content/qos and behavior that prevails over free http services (regardless of protocol they might use).

TYPE R
01-06-2007, 09:50 PM
wel come m8

wonderferret
01-07-2007, 12:11 AM
Hi there Fevves, nice to see you here. You guys do a great job on ST.