PDA

View Full Version : Media Player Clasic -Speed issue MPEG-1, Take forever to load

five777
08-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Hello every one i have just installed the latest realease for the K-Lite Codec Pack with the Media Player Classic 6.4.9.0 as my main player ,,the only issue that im a little disapointed with is the loading speed of files mainly the MPEG-1 format .

Media Player Classic opens fine but the actual file from playback dosent load for about over a minute seems to be doing decoding or somthing just says opening in player and eventual starts playing.As far as ive noticed its only doing this for the MPEG-1 files I have.Is there a way round this as players such a VLC start up files alot quicker realtime speed.Is there somthing I could change in settings to provent this?

Is this anything to do with having the same software installed on same hard drive a Windows itself?

Shame as I have alot of music videos that are all MPEG-1 and would like to stick to the media classic player.

Here some info on the files spec -

Video #0
Codec : MPEG-1 Video
Codec settings : CustomMatrix
PlayTime : 4mn 3s
Bit rate : 1150 Kbps
Bit rate mode : CBR
Width : 352
Height : 240
Aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 29.97 fps
Interlacement : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.454
Delay : 30607
Writing library : %encoded by TMPGEnc (ver. 2.50.32.120)

Audio #0
Codec : MPEG-1 Audio layer 2
Bit rate : 224 Kbps
Bit rate mode : CBR
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44 KHz
Resolution : 16
Delay : 30607
Video0 delay : 0

So far I have tryed and dosent work--

Enable the internal MPEG-1 decoder in Options > Internal Filters

Somthing even more strange I copyed the same MPEG-1 video to my external hard drive and played it from there and it loads up straight away like it should ,,no idea whats going on with my internal hard drive then no matter where I open it on the the internal drive just a massive delay whats going on?

My internal Hard Drive is a (NTFS) file system and the External Maxtor is (FAT32) File system