PDA

View Full Version : Techies please help..A question about bitttorent downloading

jason02
08-30-2006, 02:04 AM
okay, im at a hotel now, and will be at one for a little while.

Im addicted to bittorent and downloading, but everytime i download, the hotels isp blocks my port 80 and prevents me from surfing the web and downloading at the same time....

is there a workaround around this?

can anyone help please?

Halt3r
08-30-2006, 02:06 AM
what do you mean they block port 80 while your downloading? does the download continue while your doing this? and which port are you running the client through?

I would suggest encrypting the data that is going through using either uTorrent (my choice :P) or Azureus, this might do the trick for you :)

Melvinmeow
08-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Either encrypt with the program your downloading with. or try changing the ports that your using. Could also try using a proxie for downloading as well.

jason02
08-30-2006, 11:34 PM
what do you mean they block port 80 while your downloading? does the download continue while your doing this? and which port are you running the client through?

I would suggest encrypting the data that is going through using either uTorrent (my choice :P) or Azureus, this might do the trick for you :)

im assuming they block my port 80 because i cannot surf the internet after utorrent starts downloading torrents for about 5 minutes.

I have no idea what port im running my client through. If i change it, will that make a difference?

I think im going to try to encrypt the data and see how that goes.

jason02
08-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Either encrypt with the program your downloading with. or try changing the ports that your using. Could also try using a proxie for downloading as well.

proxie? how would i go about using that?

Melvinmeow
08-31-2006, 06:30 PM
look em up on google. Theres lots of free proxies available to use if you check on the right sites.

Alien5
09-01-2006, 06:21 AM
try proxyswitcher

pECi
09-01-2006, 08:10 AM
try this

http://www.publicproxyservers.com/

http://www.samair.ru/proxy/