PDA

View Full Version : Best private tracker for avi, mpg type files

Mr.K
08-31-2006, 12:55 AM
Hi everyone! Nooobie here!:P

I'm just wondering which private trackers have the most content for avi, mpg, mpeg types of files. Files that are easy to download, without having to worry about rar and iso files. I couldn't figure out how to work Winrar. I have much to learn! :(

I joined Re*******ntt, and found that most of the files are in rar type.

It would be much appreciated. Thanks!

gamer4eva
08-31-2006, 01:46 AM
And extracting the files would be how difficult?

Mr.K
08-31-2006, 03:00 AM
I never got to the point of "extracting the files". It's the setup and installation I was having problems with.

I'll have to find a good setup and install faq, unless someone else can give me some pointers?

NOLesija
08-31-2006, 05:37 AM
you don't like exctracting? try Direct Connect.. :)
no, seriosly, there is nothing more easily- get a winrar, right click to any of your downloaded peace ad "extract here"
all serious trackers have those rar files :)

XDPD7
08-31-2006, 06:14 AM
bitmetv has 1 file downloads but you need an invite to sign up

Pr1nc3
08-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Prior I got into private trackers I hated the RAR'd files as too many camw with a password, often you couldn't get the password at all.
Now, I prefer the RAR'd above anything else. SceneRelease Style: Easy, conveniant, compact.

Tough, some (semi-)open trackers ban RAR (example Demonoid), which means the files there are no passwords needed.

Melvinmeow
08-31-2006, 06:25 PM
tophos (Yes it is the site I run) has single files. Mostly in Divx format. We also have quite a few kvcd movies as well. We do also post scene releases which are in rar format as well. I would say the divx single files outnumber the scene releases though. Its open signup should you want to check it out.

Mr.K
09-01-2006, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the info, guys!:D

I finally got the hang of installing Winrar and extracting files. Should be watching a film extracted from rar this weekend.

I was worried there for a while. I thought I'd never get the damn thing goin'!:unsure: :)

DKre8ive1
09-01-2006, 02:39 AM

I'm just wondering which private trackers have the most content for avi, mpg, mpeg types of files. Files that are easy to download, without having to worry about rar and iso files. I couldn't figure out how to work Winrar. I have much to learn! :(

The way I usally unrar my file quickly is just by right clicking and selecting the option that it shows in the pic below and also just make sure you clicking on the .r00 file and this way the whole file gets extracted and gets put in its on folder in the same spot were the rars are located. :happy:

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/6393/winrarpicfo6.th.png (http://img506.imageshack.us/my.php?image=winrarpicfo6.png)

hope it helps.

Mr.K
09-03-2006, 09:38 AM

The way I usally unrar my file quickly is just by right clicking and selecting the option that it shows in the pic below and also just make sure you clicking on the .r00 file and this way the whole file gets extracted and gets put in its on folder in the same spot were the rars are located. :happy:

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/6393/winrarpicfo6.th.png (http://img506.imageshack.us/my.php?image=winrarpicfo6.png)

hope it helps.

Thanks very much, DK!:D

I'm just getting used to unpacking these rar files with Winrar. One of of two worked successfully.One I downloaded was an animated feature which plays MP4 video. I have Windows media player and BS player. After downloading the codecs from the Ace mega codecs pack, pro edition, I thought for sure the file would play. No such luck. The audio is fine. The video doesn't come in though.:ermm:

Euronymous
09-03-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm just getting used to unpacking these rar files with Winrar. One of of two worked successfully.One I downloaded was an animated feature which plays MP4 video. I have Windows media player and BS player. After downloading the codecs from the Ace mega codecs pack, pro edition, I thought for sure the file would play. No such luck. The audio is fine. The video doesn't come in though.:ermm:
Which means that you either got a codec confliction (if thats even a word) or the required codec isnt in the codec pack you installed.

Melvinmeow
09-03-2006, 03:16 PM
you can try looking up k-lite codec pack on google. Thats the one I use and have never had issues. Also if you have a program like virtual dub. You can view the info about the codecs used on a particular file and then search for that particular codec on the net.

Mr.K
09-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Which means that you either got a codec confliction (if thats even a word) or the required codec isnt in the codec pack you installed.

I've heard of the K-lite codec pack. I'll have to check it out. I thought for sure Ace mega codecs would have had it. Oh well. I'll check out K-lite and see what they install.

Thanks!:D

It could be a codec confliction too. I guess anything is possible?

Mr.K
09-03-2006, 09:57 PM
you can try looking up k-lite codec pack on google. Thats the one I use and have never had issues. Also if you have a program like virtual dub. You can view the info about the codecs used on a particular file and then search for that particular codec on the net.

Sounds interesting, Melvin. Thanks!:D

I've never heard of "virtual dub". Is this a free program?

Melvinmeow
09-05-2006, 05:43 PM
www.virtualdub.org
www.virtualdubmod.org

Yes its free. :)