PDA

View Full Version : what is so good about oink?

randoman_nz
09-03-2006, 07:58 AM
i have heard quite a bit about this tracker but know next to nothing about what is actually on it. i know it's a music tracker, but what style?

Nickthestick91
09-03-2006, 08:15 AM
It has 64,998 torrents. These are the categories.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9616/pigoz7.png

deuce6000
09-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Only reason i think its good is because of the high quality music that is uploaded all the time and i dont mean types of music im talking about bitrate.

thespoiler
09-03-2006, 08:55 AM
High bitrate rips only, they have damn near anything you can think of and everything is still seeded, even old releases. Great download speeds also. Oh, and many CD's can be downloaded there weeks before the CD is available for retail sale.

Skiz
09-03-2006, 08:56 AM
It has 64,998 torrents. These are the categories.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9616/pigoz7.png

Big deal. TorrentSpy has over 401,000 torrents and 10 times the categories. :huh:

Demonoid has 68,000 and more categories as well.

Oink was a bit of a trendsetter is all. But now Oink users can really ask themselves the same question in different context, "what is so good about oink?"

gustafo
09-03-2006, 09:03 AM
OiNK is a good torrent site if you are a music freak, but if you download music only from time to time (mostly new albums and singles) any tracker is good for you (and it's far more easy to join in).

Nickthestick91
09-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Big deal. TorrentSpy has over 401,000 torrents and 10 times the categories. :huh:

Oink was a bit of a trendsetter is all. But now Oink users can really ask themselves the same question in different context, "what is so good about oink?"TorrentSpy is a public tracker, and it also isn't only for one type of content. OiNK is music-only.

superazo
09-03-2006, 09:16 AM
OINK has some rare music and the bitrate is 192 or better nothing less is allowed there!

galliano
09-03-2006, 09:33 AM
But Oink is striclty on invites basis... for non-members like me, i have to resort to going Demoniond or Torrentspy to dl instead...

kimii
09-03-2006, 10:21 AM
I can find the oldest stuff I can't find anywhere else and not worrying it is shit quality. <3 Oink.

toxicity
09-03-2006, 11:07 AM

LoL

:blink:

Melvinmeow
09-03-2006, 03:21 PM
You cant even try and compare oink to torrentspy ect.. While they have a while lot of torrents listed on their sites... All they do is hyperlink to other trackers also 1/2 of their links are dead or have no seeders. Oinks is what you see is what you get. Meaning if its there seeding you know youll get the file at the best bitrate. Plus they have so much more variety of new and old stuff that you wont find anywhere else on the net.

superman1496
09-03-2006, 08:59 PM
As someone who is relatively new member of Oink (just over a month now) I can say its WAY WAY better than any public tracker. If you havent had the priviledge of using it you wouldnt understand why its so much better.

Id never used a private tracker before but Im currently looking now.

whoever edited my post - I wasnt soliciting invites, lighten up. I, like other however, dont understand the "1month, 5 post policy" for the invite board. If we have invites, why cant we trade?

Necrophag
09-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Oink is good but my ratio has gone down the toilet :P when ever some one uploads a album i download yet no one else downloads it so can't seed..

randoman_nz
09-03-2006, 10:10 PM
cool. what i am looking for is a really good electronic music tracker. i guess oink would have that but it kinda tries to cover all the bases. i'm really looking for somewhere that just focuses on electronic (techno, drumnbass, electro, minimal, prog, house, breaks, idm etc...) i am on themixingbowl and a drumnbass one too but if there are any other decent private sites worth hunting an invite to, post here!

erax
09-03-2006, 11:47 PM
i think and believe too that OiNk is NO1 for loseless and rare music

why !! cuz members have to upload thier music to make good ratio and that's

the only way to make your ratio

it's so so difficult to make ratio there !!i had been kicked twice ,lol

FreeDoom
09-04-2006, 12:37 AM
It's a fast site with lot's of music for all the tastes lol
To work up my ratio i had to choose carefully the files to download...that's a point you have to pay attention.

Skiz
09-04-2006, 12:51 AM
You cant even try and compare oink to torrentspy ect.. While they have a while lot of torrents listed on their sites... All they do is hyperlink to other trackers also 1/2 of their links are dead or have no seeders. Oinks is what you see is what you get. Meaning if its there seeding you know youll get the file at the best bitrate. Plus they have so much more variety of new and old stuff that you wont find anywhere else on the net.

I'll agree that Oink is better than your standard public track site, but I would NOT use it as a blanket example.

There are plenty of sites in which I attain MUCH faster downloads. In fact, they are sooo much faster that I don't even think I've used Oink in at least 6-8 months. For my uses, it's almost obsolete.

superman1496
09-04-2006, 01:39 AM
There are plenty of sites in which I attain MUCH faster downloads. In fact, they are sooo much faster that I don't even think I've used Oink in at least 6-8 months. For my uses, it's almost obsolete.

what sites and what kind so speeds do you get?

randoman_nz
09-04-2006, 05:54 AM
so is oink any good for electronic music then?

kimii
09-04-2006, 06:04 AM
Oink is good for any type of music. They have a big variety of catagorys, and lots of it. Plus, if you can't find it, you can request and it will be upped inevitibly. People who think torrentspy (or any public tracker with infinity number of torrents) have never experienced the taste of a private tracker to compare.

sert
09-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Oink has the best speeds and the highest quality regarding BPM.
There is no other place with so many flac files and so high seed/peer ratio.

Now if you are interested about scene releases better get them somewhere else, where you can fix your ratio faster and no need to keep PC on for a week, just to upload a collection.

I am using OINK just to get the rares and I am using FMP3 for the rest. Its not woth download scene releases from OINK.

Also OINK has the BEST advanced search that I could find anywhere in filesharing, with many advanced search options and additionally very active forums.

Chris FTM
09-04-2006, 11:15 AM
The first thing that is a letdown that Oink is invite only, and I have been finding it difficult getting my hands on an Invite. Apart from that, it is probably a decent torrent site, well, a very good torrent site.

misterz
09-04-2006, 11:42 AM
indietorrents is a great tracker that ou may want to look into as well.

S.L.B
09-04-2006, 07:36 PM
never got acess to this tracker but form what i've read it seems a dream tracker for mp3.

oo3
09-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Oink was the first private tracker I joined. Now I only want to join private trackers.

In addition to music, they have a huge library of PC and Mac apps. They also have e-learning videos too.

sear
09-05-2006, 08:30 AM
cool. what i am looking for is a really good electronic music tracker. i guess oink would have that but it kinda tries to cover all the bases. i'm really looking for somewhere that just focuses on electronic (techno, drumnbass, electro, minimal, prog, house, breaks, idm etc...) i am on themixingbowl and a drumnbass one too but if there are any other decent private sites worth hunting an invite to, post here!

As far as D&B goes oink has alot of shit an album hasn't come out in a long time that I haven't been able to get. heaps of old stuff too.

Is http://www.deepbassnine.com the D&B tracker your talking about cuz if not I'd like to know what it is.

Oh yah the mixingbowl rocks :cool2:

lukaspl
09-05-2006, 08:55 AM
I love it i has everything i need music and appz :D

Kirkedir
09-05-2006, 11:48 AM

You should check kreytracker and transtraffic. ;)

titana
09-05-2006, 06:46 PM
i go there for old stuff and nwe shit

aburyach
09-05-2006, 09:44 PM
OiNK is probably one of my favorite trackers. Anything I can think of- it will be there, waiting for me to download.

randoman_nz
09-06-2006, 04:08 AM

As far as D&B goes oink has alot of shit an album hasn't come out in a long time that I haven't been able to get. heaps of old stuff too.

Is http://www.deepbassnine.com the D&B tracker your talking about cuz if not I'd like to know what it is.

Oh yah the mixingbowl rocks :cool2:

yup deepbassnine, that's the one!

randoman_nz
09-06-2006, 04:11 AM

You should check kreytracker and transtraffic. ;)

krey(kray) seems like punk, ska etc. does trancetraffic focus mainly on trance or is there electro/techno as well? Can anyone that's a member there give me a brief overview of the sorta stuff it has?