PDA

View Full Version : wounderful 26" HD LCD from SONY

mikeco
09-03-2006, 11:27 AM
i got it on friday after 1st getting the wrong 1 sent to me erlyer in the week.
well its now 2days old and with 5 stuck pixels. how wounderful :dry:

dunno if i should go for a refund or a replacement. :dry:

Virtualbody1234
09-03-2006, 11:35 AM
What does the warranty say about dead pixels? Most makers have a policy about how many fail.

mikeco
09-03-2006, 12:01 PM
im not sure cant find any info about it and no info about it on the stuff that came with the tv.

ill send a email to the people i got it from and see what they have to say about it.

lynx
09-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Sony dead pixel policy (http://www.sony.co.uk/PageView.do?site=odw_en_GB&page=ProductCategoryHomeWithArticleFirstSection&article=1101282385237&section=en_GB_Products&productcategory=/Computing)
If it is the complete pixel that's faulty (always on or always off) then it is outside tolerance. However, it is is just one colour on each that's stuck then it looks like it is within tolerance.

Google is your friend (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=SONY+DEAD+PIXEL+POLICY&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8)

Edit: You will be cheered to see that Sony meet the requirements of ISO standard 13406-2
http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/data/63/I13406e2.pdf

limesqueezer
09-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Me and my friend bough a Samsung syncmaster 710t and i got a good one and he got one with dead pixels. He replaced it with another one. Doesn't matter what you buy, if soo good, shit happens, soo you should make sure that you can replace.

mikeco
09-04-2006, 10:54 PM
well i got a reply:

> Dear Sir,
>
> Further to your email received.We are sorry to hear that you are having
> problems with the Sony television.Please note that we will arrange
> collection Today between the hours of 11 am till 5.00pm.Please make sure the
> goods are packed as you received.
> Once we receive the product we will inspect to that stated fault, if faulty
> we will replace with the brand new set and organise the delivery ASAP.Please
> accept our apologies for any inconvenience may have caused.
>
> Thank you
> Kind regards
> Customer Services
> RGB Hi Fi & Video
>

:O so fast the offer to collect it the day they read my email!

i wasnt in at the time but im replying with a day that i will be in. :yup:

suprafreak6
09-07-2006, 01:01 AM
good news

mikeco
09-07-2006, 09:41 AM
they just picked it up today emailing RGB saying that its been collected so hopefuly i should have a new TV with 0 stuck/dead pixels :)

:cry: i was in the middle of watching it when the guy knocked had to ask him to wait 5min for me to box it up.

suprafreak6
09-07-2006, 11:09 AM
didnt they say to have it packaged before they got there?

mikeco
09-07-2006, 03:19 PM
yea but the email they sent me saying that they would be picking it up in a week, they did say they tryed yesturday but i wasnt in and citylink tryed again today so... just packed it up quick :P

mikeco
09-09-2006, 10:49 AM
well they said they found no faults... bull shit! they also said they did a full check on it.

probly got some blind guys looking at it.

well i can eather get a replacement for £25 (cost of delivery and pick up charge)
or get a refund they didnt say the charge i will have to pay but im guessing its the same as above...

or i can get the same tv sent back...

well iv gone for the refund but asking how much the charge is.

guess iv prity much payed £25 for a week of a 26" HD LCD TV...

oh well its been to much hassle, and wont need to worrying about dead pixels popping up and all that.
tv will be missed... :unsure:

mikeco
09-09-2006, 12:24 PM
well iv gotten a refund, cost £25+VAT, will have the money in my account by end of next week...

FreeDoom
09-12-2006, 07:24 AM
I don't know in the other side of the Atlantic but we have here a period of 15 days that is called experience period. If that happened to me and they refused to give me another one i would just said that i was not happy with the monitor and make up something and that was it: money in my account :)