PDA

View Full Version : when did smashmouth become classic rock?

Tempestv
09-04-2006, 05:03 PM
listening to the classic rock station here and they just started playing superstar by smashmouth- perhaps the most annoying song ever written. anyways, I am wondering when this song became a classic. anyone know?

Skiz
09-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Silly Montanites Monatanans Montanians DJ :ermm:

llegate
09-05-2006, 03:29 AM
listening to the classic rock station here and they just started playing superstar by smashmouth- perhaps the most annoying song ever written. anyways, I am wondering when this song became a classic. anyone know?

Are you serious? :blink:

A classic? I remember when that came out... couldnt have been more than 8 years ago right? Thats a scary thought!

Tempestv
09-05-2006, 03:53 AM
A classic? I remember when that came out... couldnt have been more than 8 years ago right? Thats a scary thought!

I remember when that piece of audio trash came on the radio as well. which leaves me with two questions- when did it become classic, and how does it deserve to get played between fleetwood mac and pink floyd?

manker
09-05-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm thinking you mean 'All Star' by 'Smash Mouth'.

For something to be 'classic', it doesn't have to be a certain age. It has to be of a certain quality - and that is purely opinion when we're talking about music. So, the guy who compiles the playlist must have decided that 'Allstar' is a classic song in his opinion.

It's not that bad of a song, quite catchy and while far from a classic in my opinion, it's certainly poular enough to feature on the playlist of some minor radio station under the guise of 'classic'.

limesqueezer
09-05-2006, 04:15 PM
By classic people mean nowdays to make one song that has a video on mtv, it absolutly doesn't have to be good, people buy everything what tv sells since they invented music video.

kg9689
09-12-2006, 03:12 AM
Smashmouth is like the leftovers nobaody liked to first time around and got lost in the fridge and makes you want to vomit when scraping it out from your tupperware.

Tempestv
09-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Intresting analogy... and yet so true

xbawksz
09-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Since when is it a big deal? It's just a song on a radio station.

MagicNakor
09-13-2006, 05:01 AM
It's always a bit of a shock when a band you listened to growing up ends up on the classic rock station.

Smashmouth is a bit after my time though. :P

:shuriken:

Tempestv
09-13-2006, 02:55 PM
It's always a bit of a shock when a band you listened to growing up ends up on the classic rock station.

Smashmouth is a bit after my time though. :P

:shuriken:

not really- I grew up listening to the classic rock station- which is why it was a shock to hear something I didn't grow up listening to (at least by choice) hearing it again reinforces why I never listened to it by choice:sick:

batoloco
09-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah that's funny. Quit listening to claasic rock stations, they suck :)