PDA

View Full Version : Private sites don't work after I moved

youngid
09-05-2006, 03:29 AM
I just moved back to school, about an hour from where I lived in the summer, and none of my private torrent sites work. I can still access the site, and download the .torrent file, but after that, nothing. I tried a torrent off of torrentspy, and it worked fine, albeit slowly. . .can't go back to public sites :( So if anyone can think of a reason why ALL of my private sites, including TB, TL, FL, OiNK, Bitme and others don't work, I'd love to figure this out.

deuce6000
09-05-2006, 03:48 AM
The reason could be because you are at a different ip so they think its not you or something but im not sure.

viirin
09-05-2006, 03:55 AM
it's quite likely that your school's network is blocking the ports. I know the school that I attended blocked EVERYTHING. It sucked. To me it really sounds like that is the most likely explanation. Can't really offer you a workaround, I'm not sure there's anything you can do if that is the case, I eventually just accepted it.

Rip The Jacker
09-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Don't schools always block P2P and BT apps?

Skiz
09-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Don't schools always block P2P and BT apps?

But he stated he used a torrent from TorrentSpy successfully. :huh:

pECi
09-05-2006, 11:13 AM
only FL has ip restriction meaning u have to download from the same ip u download the .torrent file

TB TL Oink Bitme don't have such restrictions

youngid
09-05-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm not actually on campus, so it probably isn't the school blocking it. . .apparently the ISP I have here (Cogeco) does throttle BT, but that doesn't explain it not going at all. Ah well, I'll figure it out.

Melvinmeow
09-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Try setting your clients encryption to be on.
You can also try proxies if the encryption method doesnt work.
(there is a thread specifically showing how to set your clients to encrypt data transfers somewhere in the bittorent topic section may even be a sticky.)