PDA

View Full Version : Materazzi breaks Zidane silence

DanB
09-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Materazzi breaks Zidane silence

Marco Materazzi has finally explained what he said to Zinedine Zidane before he was headbutted by the Frenchman during Italy's World Cup final victory.

Zidane was sent off for the attack and later claimed he was provoked after Materazzi had insulted his mother.

But Materazzi told Gazzetta dello Sport that Zidane's sister was the subject.

He said: "I was tugging his shirt, he said to me 'if you want my shirt so much I'll give it to you afterwards,' I answered that I'd prefer his sister."

Materazzi added: "It's not a particularly nice thing to say, I recognise that. But loads of players say worse things.

"I didn't even know he had a sister before all this happened."

Materazzi was later handed a two-match ban from world governing body Fifa, while Zidane was banned for three games and fined £3,260.

Zidane, who has since retired from football, has never specified what Materazzi said to him and has refused to apologise to his opponent.

Asked on 12 July exactly Materazzi had said, Zidane would only offer that it was "very personal" and concerned his mother and his sister.

"You hear those things once and you try to walk away," added Zidane. "That's what I wanted to do because I am retiring. You hear it a second time and then a third time..."

Sauce http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/5315618.stm

bo_taker
09-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Materazzi is bad player

Busyman™
09-05-2006, 06:24 PM
2 things:

1. That's dumb as shit that FIFA would ban Materazzi for saying "something" that made Zidane head-butt him. They banned him on Zidane's say so, wtf?

2. Zidane is a complete idiot to put a nail in a loss cos someone said something to him. If it's true that's all it was, he's even more of an idiot than I previously thought.

DanB
09-05-2006, 06:49 PM
2. Zidane is a complete idiot to put a nail in a loss cos someone said something to him.

1 thing:

Wtf does that mean? :unsure:

Busyman™
09-05-2006, 07:22 PM
2. Zidane is a complete idiot to put a nail in a loss cos someone said something to him.

1 thing:

Wtf does that mean? :unsure:

Getting thrown out the game basically secured their loss.

DanB
09-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Did you mean say final nail in the coffin though? Its just I have never heard that phrase before.

Admittedly it was a stupid thing to do but as he said at the time he was enraged cos it was his family getting abused.

Busyman™
09-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Did you mean say final nail in the coffin though? Its just I have never heard that phrase before.

Admittedly it was a stupid thing to do but as he said at the time he was enraged cos it was his family getting abused.

Yeah I left out coffin. France could have still won.

Hell if all has to do is talk about a person's family to get that person thrown out then hell that might top taking the doive.

I must give it up to England though for not doiving in the tourney.

DanB
09-05-2006, 07:58 PM
He was prolly frustrated they were losing and it was his final game. Red mist and all that.

Who knows what goes on in the heads of the crazy francais.

Busyman™
09-05-2006, 08:07 PM
He was prolly frustrated they were losing and it was his final game. Red mist and all that.

Who knows what goes on in the heads of the crazy francais.

He's gotta think like the NBA where you can always come back and win.

manker
09-06-2006, 09:44 AM
It was 1-1 when Zidane got sent off and there were only a few minutes left so it would still have gone to penalties.

Trezeguet would still have taken his penaly so Italy would still have won.

Zidane's sending off had little bearing on the outcome of the game.

scribblec
09-06-2006, 10:58 AM
It was 1-1 when Zidane got sent off and there were only a few minutes left so it would still have gone to penalties.

you have to forgive busyman for chatting shit most of the time

Busyman™
09-06-2006, 02:13 PM

His sending off pretty much ensured their loss too.

Busyman™
09-06-2006, 02:14 PM

Too bad you can't do shiite about it or is it that I'm signalling out shiite Muslims. :huh:

:glag:

JPaul
09-06-2006, 05:41 PM

I'm not quite so sure aboot that. I know what your saying words wise, however surely Zidane would have taken a penalty, early on. That would probly have at least changed the order of things and stuff.

All in and being said thusly I tend to agree with your speech. However I'm not sure it's as cleanly cut as you are thinking it.

scribblec
09-06-2006, 07:55 PM

Too bad you can't do shiite about it or is it that I'm signalling out shiite Muslims. :huh:

remember your friend who dropped dead in the gym? was that because of muslims too ;)

Busyman™
09-06-2006, 11:26 PM

remember your friend who dropped dead in the gym? was that because of muslims too ;)

No just shiite ones, idiot.

scribblec
09-06-2006, 11:52 PM

too bad u cant do shite about it :dry:

Busyman™
09-07-2006, 12:10 AM

Shiite about what? Makes cents and stop being a dumbass, dumbass.

Nevermind I know that ain't gonna happen. Once you turn 17 and make it to the 7th grade perhaps.

ethanmorg
09-07-2006, 12:10 AM
now mater what zidane is dumb as shit for letting his emotions tarnish his career. he is still one of the best but there will always be the stupid head butt,

scribblec
09-07-2006, 01:37 AM

Shiite about what? Makes cents and stop being a dumbass, dumbass.

Nevermind I know that ain't gonna happen. Once you turn 17 and make it to the 7th grade perhaps.

:lol: your a joke, im probably older then you

peat moss
09-07-2006, 01:47 AM
now mater what zidane is dumb as shit for letting his emotions tarnish his career. he is still one of the best but there will always be the stupid head butt,

Yep if he had of scored on his header we would n't be having this conversation .

Pretty childish tho not very professional , you get back at a an opponent by filling the net . How many times do you see in sports the winning player pointing to the score clock .

samoyan
09-11-2006, 02:41 PM
After this akward thing with the head butt, people were discussing it almost all over the world, but soon it will be forgotten, but Scuadra Adzurra`s 2006 World Cup victory will be remembered forever. Forza Italia!

Barbarossa
09-11-2006, 02:42 PM
No, I think the headbutt will be remembered longer than the result ;)

Busyman
09-11-2006, 03:48 PM
No, I think the headbutt will be remembered longer than the result ;)

Especially in the States.

DanB
09-11-2006, 04:56 PM
After this akward thing with the head butt, people were discussing it almost all over the world, but soon it will be forgotten, but Scuadra Adzurra`s 2006 World Cup victory will be remembered forever. Forza Italia!

I reckon the match fixing scandal will be remembered longer ;)