PDA

View Full Version : What A Load Of Fuckpiss!

Busyman™
09-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Wifey's Motorola Q lost it's bluetooth connection with the headset and wouldn't pair up anymore.

I verified that it wasn't the headset itself (a Motorola HS850) cos I could pair it with my Q. Furthermore I couldn't pair my headset with her phone. Done there.

I look online and found that it was possibly a software issue and that Motorola had an upgrade to the software. (http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/source/SoftwareUpdateSummary.asp?country=&language=&web_page_name=SUPPORT&strCarrierId=Verizon&strPhone=Q&strCable=Mini%20USB%20Data%20Cable)

I download a certain file first per instructions then download the upgrade software. Before start it up though it says that it'll wipe out all pics, numbers, etc on the phone so.........

I find that Microsoft has new sync software, Activesync 4.2. I download that and connect my USB to the phone.

I save all my numbers and wifeys numbers in Outlook and all our pics. Bam done.

I start the Moto software and it recognizes my ESN# and carrier. My screen changes on the phone. The software is basically a go between my phone and the internet. Bam. My and wifey's phone done.

I notice though that my phone says Roaming so I hit *228 to update the romaing capability. It then says Home Service.

Now wifey calls me and says that everytime she makes a call, it routs the call to Verizon Wireless and can't receive incoming. Calls go straight to voice mail.:angry: My phone is fucked up. I call Verizon Wireless and they say call Motorola. Everything is good on the Verizon end.:dry:

Fuck Pissssssssssss!:angry:

100%
09-05-2006, 09:32 PM
modern day hunter vs gatherer.
and who is doing all the work?

tesco
09-05-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm confused if it's your wifey's phone that has the problem why did u fck with yours?

Snee
09-05-2006, 10:44 PM
I s'pose he upgraded both, since he had the firmware at home anyways. Sounds like it.

Fuckpiss indeed.

Is it covered by your warranty?

Busyman™
09-06-2006, 01:11 AM
I s'pose he upgraded both, since he had the firmware at home anyways. Sounds like it.

Fuckpiss indeed.

Is it covered by your warranty?

I have this exact same problem.
After the update I noticed my phone said "Roaming Service". I immediately did *228 to update the roaming capability and now my phone says "Home Service".

However, I cannot receive calls and cannot make calls without being routed to Verizon Wireless. I also get a message from America's Roaming Service telling me I'll be charged $2.99 a minute!

I did everything I was supposed to do including backing up my old numbers, dowloading the 45mb software file first before downloading the upgrade software and now my phone is useless. I called VZ and they say everything is fine on their end and to call Motorola.

edit: Weird, I did *228 to update roaming (option 2) and did over the air programming (option 1) to no avail before.

Now I did option 1 over-the-air programming and can now make and receive calls.

Ain't dat somethin'? Hope this helps.

*228 option 1 for over-the-air programming

I'm ok now. I like the new features, shortcuts, and layouts the phone has.

peat moss
09-06-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm confused if it's your wifey's phone that has the problem why did u fck with yours?

Its a guy thing silly , you'll learn that soon enought . :yup: Never ask the wife for directions either . :noes:

Busyman™
09-06-2006, 02:20 AM

Its a guy thing silly , you'll learn that soon enought . :yup: Never ask the wife for directions either . :noes:

Eggzacklee.

Guys upgrade when possible, not when necessary (unless it's Windows).

Barbarossa
09-06-2006, 08:31 AM
phones, meh :dabs:

DorisInsinuate
09-06-2006, 08:35 AM
My phone, lyke, crashes whenever I stop listening to MP3 off it :dabs:

MagicNakor
09-06-2006, 09:04 AM
I think I'm the only person left who only wants a phone to ...be a telephone. I have cameras for pics, I have a computer for net, I have an iPod for mp3s...

:shuriken:

Barbarossa
09-06-2006, 09:05 AM
No, I agree with you.

tesco
09-06-2006, 09:07 AM
I think I'm the only person left who only wants a phone to ...be a telephone. I have cameras for pics, I have a computer for net, I have an iPod for mp3s...

I only need a phone to be a telephone but hey, a few extra features would always be nice. :)

MagicNakor
09-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Well, it's true that Bejeweled while waiting in a restaunt for people is fun.

DorisInsinuate
09-06-2006, 11:00 AM
I would like my phone to be just a phone, but I don't have an MP3 player to play my MP3.

I never use the camera, except to take pictures of my feet.

Busyman™
09-06-2006, 02:43 PM

I don't walk around with a digital camera (especially at work, I have a grunt job) or an iPod. I don't go on the net with my phone unless it's some type of weird need for info (suuuuper rare).

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to get these TV shows on my miniSD card so I can watch them on the subway. I should be able to get at least one friggin show on there since I have some 1GB cards ($20 a piece:D ).

I don't need or use push email. I like this phone cos it has more features than other phones that cost more. I can cut my own ringtones, add to do lists, etc.

Busyman™
09-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Well, it's true that Bejeweled while waiting in a restaunt for people is fun.

You just reminded me that since I started up utorrent again, I should download some games.

I loved playing the games on my Treo. They were excellent and looked eggzacklee like the computer versions (Dynomite, Golf, Blackjack, etc).

If I can get movies and TV shows on there, even better. I ain't doin' shit but readin' the newspaper and lookin' at the nice scenery (tits and ass) on the subway anyways.:ermm:

MagicNakor
09-06-2006, 03:14 PM
There is no nice scenery here, unless you're into geriatrics.

Tempestv
09-06-2006, 03:47 PM

I'm with you- I would be happy with a phone with a B&W screen, as long at it actually got good reception. I was pissed when I found out that my phone doesn't have a normal ring tone avalable.

Busyman™
09-06-2006, 03:48 PM

:lol:

tesco
09-06-2006, 10:37 PM

The only scenery I have on my bus is trees, wide open fields. Lots of...nature.:sick:

MagicNakor
09-07-2006, 05:36 AM
There's a nude beach about a fifteen minute drive from my place, but, as I said, geriatrics.

Although some of the Quebecers aren't bad to look at after they've cleaned up some. :P